2d6 inch move?

Aaron Schmidt

You should do it 1 d6 at a time for each unit that is eligible, at the rampaging destroyers only triggers if a unit is 6" from a hero. You will notice sometimes that your units move way ahead of characters (due to d6 from ironfist) but if you move the heroes d6" first then sometimes you can get into the 6" range to trigger the unit then do the ironfist move 

Yes as @Sangfroid says it is important to do these as two separate moves rather than just rolling 2D6.

Incidentally I will do all of my moves using one of the special rules (pros and cons to doing either first as touched upon by Kieran) before the other as opposed to doing both for one unit before moving on...if that makes sense!

It's a lot of fun, especially when you play someone who hasn't seen it before. Can take a bit of getting used to. In my earlier games I definitely forgot to do the odd Movement phase having moved so much in the Hero phase!!! 

38 minutes ago, Aaron Schmidt said:

I'm excited to try it out. The lists (collection) I've been making are more mixed than just straight Ironjawz, so keeping the correct units in mind, and ordered properly will be interesting.

Fair. I'm currently loving pure Ironjawz, but I think for longevity, branching out and enjoying the multitude of Destruction options is the way to go.

17 minutes ago, Chris Tomlin said:

Fair. I'm currently loving pure Ironjawz, but I think for longevity, branching out and enjoying the multitude of Destruction options is the way to go.

Totall. I am going full AoS in terms of attitude, I am going to build units I think are neat and play them however I feel like in the different styles. I'll probably do a pile of games pure IronJaw for example. I saw a small battle report where a player had Megaboss, 2x 5 Brutes, Warchanter, and 3 Big-pigs, and I was impressed at the options and decisions that the player could make.  I just also dig goblins. :D 

17 minutes ago, Dez said:

I agree, I love the idea of tons of Night Goblins with wizards running around everywhere. I've also got some ideas for Bonesplittaz paint!

OMG, I was listening to the Garagehammer breakdown of the Bonesplittaz and started to get ideas! I need to focus!!!

1 hour ago, Aaron Schmidt said:

OMG, I was listening to the Garagehammer breakdown of the Bonesplittaz and started to get ideas! I need to focus!!!

You and me both... It's amazing that they've made 2 boxes of troops, plus a few characters, into an incredibly compelling army.

On ‎30‎/‎08‎/‎2016 at 3:46 PM, Aaron Schmidt said:

Totall. I am going full AoS in terms of attitude,

Funny you say this as with the General's Handbook and from the Sylvaneth battletome onwards, I think the onus has shifted back to single faction armies as opposed to the often amazing amalgamations we were seeing before (My soft, mixed Chaos is completed dead under GH).

On ‎30‎/‎08‎/‎2016 at 5:39 PM, thediceabide said:

You and me both... It's amazing that they've made 2 boxes of troops, plus a few characters, into an incredibly compelling army.

GW have done an amazing job with armies like Bonesplitterz, Beastclaw Raiders and Flesh-eater Courts I think. I still would've liked to see even just a new clampack character for each, but all in all, very happy with these releases in particular.

4 hours ago, Malakithe said:

Yeah I'm jumping back and forth between Bonesplitterz and Ironjawz 

Nothing wrong with that. I feel like Ironjawz are still the poster boys for Destruction purely because they have the fantastic new model range. However, Bonesplitterz are probably the "gateway" faction for Destruction as they have the super solid generic Battleline which opens up the entire Grand Alliance.

Archived