GW missing a lot of Seraphon

Topknot87

So just getting into the game, never played fantasy, but I've always loved the idea of the Lizard Men. Decide to get into Sigmar and they're still here as the Serapon!

Enjoying the battletome but when I go online to find some of the more specific models, like the Slann and Sunblood, GW is out of stock on a lot of the models. Can't seem to find them anywhere else.

Could they be ramping up for new plastic models? Or is this omens of "you're an old army, be happy with what you got"? Has it been like this for a while?

Just now, rokapoke said:

This happened in the past few months as well. They will restock and you can order them then. Don't sweat it - just start with whatever you can get. I definitely recommend the Start Collecting kit.

Yup, already have it ^_^. Now the question is how to build my Carnosaur.

Awesome, good to hear.

7 hours ago, Topknot87 said:

The bane and stupidity of GW pricing...

Common man.  They are lowering prices.  You can still spend the same amount for that Carnosaur kit if that's what you really want...  Or you can pay the same price and get some extra stuff.  

It may not be rational, but why complain?

8 hours ago, swiftmus said:

Indeed, those sets are very good deals and in a couple of cases make lone models pointless to buy.

Like gore-gruntas costing €67 while the ironjawz starting set cost €65 and you get the exact same gore-gruntats plus some more stuff... really? what's the point?

I have a ridiculously huge fully painted army and not sure when I'll play them so I'm selling a huge chunk, even then I'll have more than enough for variety.  Just can't make myself excited to play them and want to do a non-Order army eventually (Warherds)

Same here. I have 1500 points of seraphon and don't see me playing. After GHB with new rules for summon my army is broken

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20 hours ago, rasmarog said:

Yes I know that is for matched play. But currently I'm playing more matched than free play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fair enough, but don't forget to spread the gospel of open play.  There are so many awesome battleplans out there that just don't work in a matched play context.  There is so much more to this game than points, but with all the threads about optimal lists, and such I've been seeing, I'm afraid points are going to be the death of the best parts of this game.

26 minutes ago, MechaBriZilla said:

I'm afraid points are going to be the death of the best parts of this game.

I think the same way. Here in Portugal is really hard to find ppl to play AoS (mostly still on 8e). When I find someone for AoS, only plays pitched matches, or if we go for a custom scenario, they only want on strict points and rules for pitched matches.

2 minutes ago, rasmarog said:

I think the same way. Here in Portugal is really hard to find ppl to play AoS (mostly still on 8e). When I find someone for AoS, only plays pitched matches, or if we go for a custom scenario, they only want on strict points and rules for pitched matches.

Such a bummer.  

This game is so good at telling stories instead of the tired old 'let's line up and fight' stuff.  Of course, I've got to hand it to GW, at least the matched play battleplans are interesting.  Just not as good as the narrative ones. 

Just now, MechaBriZilla said:

Such a bummer.  

This game is so good at telling stories instead of the tired old 'let's line up and fight' stuff.  Of course, I've got to hand it to GW, at least the matched play battleplans are interesting.  Just not as good as the narrative ones. 

The worst thing are the "overly competitive power players owner of the perfect powerful army". Ppl who forget about how to have fun playing and only cares about winning, looking only for the most OPs armies and unities.

1 minute ago, rasmarog said:

The worst thing are the "overly competitive power players owner of the perfect powerful army". Ppl who forget about how to have fun playing and only cares about winning, looking only for the most OPs armies and unities.

So strange to me.  Even with the GHB points, I really don't feel like the game is good for that style of play.  I mean, points seem to be very loose, not super tight for a pure and even matched game.  Of course, I've never felt like points did a particularly good job of balancing armies anyway.  

Archived