AoS 2 - Har Kuron (Broken Realms: Morathi) Discussion

Double Misfire

1 hour ago, Lord of the Isle said:

Surely Morathi can't take an artefact?
Oh or is that on the SQ? Traitor's Banner such a nice fitting item!!

Good question, I'm waiting for the BT to know it if we can put an artefact on the Morathi-Khaine new model.

1 hour ago, Boar said:

Spellportal is 18"range so I wonder how useful Vitriolic spray would be. I guess Morathi would be up front blocking access to squishy darkshards somewhat?

It will be, with the balewind vortex for improving the range by 6, and btw, vitriolic is 6".
The thing would be to cast balewind and gain some inches by putting the endless spell in front of the sorceress and then put her on it. Then cast the umbrall with the Morathi-Khaine and put the first one at 1" of the sorceress in front of the balewind vortex. By this little glitch you can gain some inches and also use the 6" improved range from the balewind by the umbrall spellportal.

1 hour ago, Boar said:

What spell would you put on Morathi?

I'll certainly put the -1 to hit or +1 to wound spell.

12 minutes ago, hurben said:

vitriolic is 6".

Yeah that's why I am wondering, as in normal Cities empowered Spellportal can be put anywhere, but Har Kuron lost that. With balewind yeah it gives more range I played that sometimes in Anvilgard, just wondering how much flexibility is lost.

Both Morathi's are listed as Unique.

• Like 1

I really want to play this city. Delfs were my first army when getting into WHFB, but I dropped them when the 8th edition codex came out. Now I'm ready to give them a 2nd go in AoS. 

Aside from the new Dragon and Warrior kit, what else should I pick up for this endeavor? Should I build the Dragon Leader as a Dreadlord or Sorceress? 

Hi all,

some questions (don´t own the book yet):

- Does this city still get the Monsters (Hydras) as battleline?

- Are Scourgerunner Chariots part of this city?

- Is it right that there are actually 2 "Start Collecting" boxes you can use? Ie "Start Collecting Anvilguard" and "Broken Realms: Drusa Kraeth – Kraeth's Shadowpact"?

- Is that new city supposed to be on the "good" side or is it fallen to the "dark side" of things?

7 minutes ago, Hannibal said:

Hi all,

some questions (don´t own the book yet):

- Does this city still get the Monsters (Hydras) as battleline?

- Are Scourgerunner Chariots part of this city?

- Is it right that there are actually 2 "Start Collecting" boxes you can use? Ie "Start Collecting Anvilguard" and "Broken Realms: Drusa Kraeth – Kraeth's Shadowpact"?

- Is that new city supposed to be on the "good" side or is it fallen to the "dark side" of things?

Battleline hydra stayed only for anvilgard.

Scourgerunners are part of it because they are a scourge privateers unit.

So following from above, both of the combo boxes you listed are full of usable models for the city.

Good and bad are a pretty difficult thing to describe. Its better than falling to chaos... but its definitely not the most upstanding of cities (then again, neither was anvilgard...). It isnt on the good or bad side. Its on morathi's side. Make of that what you will.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Graywater said:

Battleline hydra stayed only for anvilgard.

Scourgerunners are part of it because they are a scourge privateers unit.

So following from above, both of the combo boxes you listed are full of usable models for the city.

Thanks for the insight!

Sounds interesting.

Good and bad are a pretty difficult thing to describe. Its better than falling to chaos... but its definitely not the most upstanding of cities (then again, neither was anvilgard...). It isnt on the good or bad side. Its on morathi's side. Make of that what you will.

Well, I know that there is nothing like "good" or "bad" in all Warhammer worlds, but I don´t like to play the shiny guys. I guess that every single factions thinks that it is on the right track when it comes down to "good" or eben "best" intentions. It´s just a matter of one´s own perspective.

Edited by Hannibal

4 minutes ago, Hannibal said:

Thanks for the insight!

Sounds interesting.

Well, I know that there is nothing like "good" or "bad" in all Warhammer worlds, but I don´t like to play the shiny guys. I guess that every single factions thinks that it is on the right track when it comes down to "good" or eben "best" intentions. It´s just a matter of one´s own perspective.

Well they certainly aren't the shiny guys. They are very much the dark elves of old. They are out for themselves, but they don't fight chaos. They CAN get along with other order factions, but its typically out of necessity or because there's something underhanded afoot. 

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Graywater said:

Well they certainly aren't the shiny guys. They are very much the dark elves of old. They are out for themselves, but they don't fight chaos. They CAN get along with other order factions, but its typically out of necessity or because there's something underhanded afoot. 

Mmhh, guess I have to get the book then... :)

On 11/16/2020 at 12:06 AM, Shmaravoz said:

Realms have Broken… Check out the damage potential of the new Har Kuron City under Morathi’s leadership when she takes on forces of Nurgle

Great Battlereport! Thank you!

The Dude should give the sorc the prayer generals trait for exploding sixes. 

Further i think Morathi + Dragon is very expensive. Two Sorcs could be more effective. I would drop the Drakenspawns (they need dreadlord-support) and get some Black Guards and Executioners. Both provide from the prayer or Sorc-Support. Sourge Runner Chariots could be a nice alternative to the shadows. Finally Chromatic Cogs (maybe drop gemenids) gives some Speed for the troop-blocks or even more Magic harassment.

In old days the Dark Elves always had a strong elite-infantry and heavy magic Power. In AoS now with Har Kuron we can see this play-style again. They got so much support from so many things. I really like this city! Damn never saw Darkshards that dangerous!

53 minutes ago, Greed said:

Further i think Morathi + Dragon is very expensive. Two Sorcs could be more effective. I would drop the Drakenspawns (they need dreadlord-support) and get some Black Guards and Executioners. Both provide from the prayer or Sorc-Support. Sourge Runner Chariots could be a nice alternative to the shadows. Finally Chromatic Cogs (maybe drop gemenids) gives some Speed for the troop-blocks or even more Magic harassment.

In old days the Dark Elves always had a strong elite-infantry and heavy magic Power. In AoS now with Har Kuron we can see this play-style again. They got so much support from so many things. I really like this city! Damn never saw Darkshards that dangerous!

Thank you for your comment! 
I belive giving sorceres additional spell to cast in this combo is more preferable rather than prayer (spells in Har Kuron are really good + spell portal) Drakespawn are good unit, as it gives mobility and 3+ save, still worth to have if you ask me. Not sure regarding Executioners Black Guard yet. For sure there is a room for experiment. Chariot is awesome, shame they increase point value in GHB2020, i have one and will incorporate in the list for sure. 
Regarding endless spells there are lots of choices, i personally enjoy debuffs in the city, where you can potentially give -3 to hit:)
And Sorceress On Black Dragon, still need food Faq change, but vetter then she seems. Having Morathi and Dakrshards Death Star she just not the first priority to target, she is very mobile so can grab objectives by killing small units. 

Overal i am very hapy also that dark elves are finally playbale and they have lots of customization lots of room to explore them:)

3 hours ago, Greed said:

Your comment made me wonder, how does the exploding 6s prayer work with the snicker-snack of the executioners' severing strike?

13 minutes ago, MetaphoricDragon said:

Your comment made me wonder, how does the exploding 6s prayer work with the snicker-snack of the executioners' severing strike?

Effects that trigger on 6s to hit arent carried over to abilities that grant extra hits on 6s as well. So in the case of executioners, each 6 rolled to hit will do 1 mortal wound, and also cause 1 dice to be added to the "to wound" pool. It would not cause two mortal wounds.

• Thanks 1

What do you guys think on this list:

Leaders :
Sorceress - Spell: Vilitrolic Spray - 90
Morathi-Khaine - Spell : The Withering  / Shadow Queen  - 600
Sorceress on Black Dragon - Spell: Vilitrolic Spray / Command trait: Murderous Zeal / Artefact: Traitors Banner - 300

Units :

30x Execuitioners - 300
30x Darkshards - 300
10x Dreadspears - 90

3x Scourgerunner Chariot 210

Endless Spells / Terrain / Extra Command Point :

Umrball Spellportal - 70
Balewind Vortex - 40

Battallions:

Kraeth's Shadowpact - 160

2000 pts 

I'm really not sure about the Black Dragon Sorc + Battallion, they took a lot of points which i would like to spend in Black Guard Horde :/

4 hours ago, Greed said:

What do you guys think on this list:

Leaders :
Sorceress - Spell: Vilitrolic Spray - 90
Morathi-Khaine - Spell : The Withering  / Shadow Queen  - 600
Sorceress on Black Dragon - Spell: Vilitrolic Spray / Command trait: Murderous Zeal / Artefact: Traitors Banner - 300

Units :

30x Execuitioners - 300
30x Darkshards - 300
10x Dreadspears - 90

3x Scourgerunner Chariot 210

Endless Spells / Terrain / Extra Command Point :

Umrball Spellportal - 70
Balewind Vortex - 40

Battallions:

Kraeth's Shadowpact - 160

2000 pts 

I'm really not sure about the Black Dragon Sorc + Battallion, they took a lot of points which i would like to spend in Black Guard Horde :/

The Battalion is specifically Drusa Kraeth, not just any sorceress on Dragon, thus You'd have to take The Whisperers command trait and no artifact, though you could switch those to your on foot sorceress.  Honestly not sure on battalion, Drusa herself ends up pretty limited by being a named character, though 90 crossbow shots, particularly into a vitriolic sprayed unit is going to hurt.

This city finally has me excited to rebase my old dark elves and maybe even expand my 1K of DoK. 

trying to make the most of the prayer and the models I like best I ended up with these two lists. 

293F4979-155E-4BBE-9520-29168209DB48.jpeg.7279fe3f0ea53638ac6b11d4401672c1.jpeg
FE41F0F6-22EE-40CB-8C3A-C9EF217F27E4.png.5e4f41b5c665e109c64c73ffde2a4239.png

I struggle with two things.  So help an elfy  brother out 

one is MW outpUt. Love my executioner models. But they aren’t as good as I need them to be to fill this hole. 

second is objective play.  Nothing is really holding its own in that regard.  I like the Corsair + prayer + fleet master combo. Same for the dark shards. 
but maybe I need to drop one for some screens/anvils. But what would function like that? 

1 minute ago, Kramer said:

This city finally has me excited to rebase my old dark elves and maybe even expand my 1K of DoK. 

trying to make the most of the prayer and the models I like best I ended up with these two lists. 

I struggle with two things.  So help an elfy  brother out 

one is MW outpUt. Love my executioner models. But they aren’t as good as I need them to be to fill this hole. 

second is objective play.  Nothing is really holding its own in that regard.  I like the Corsair + prayer + fleet master combo. Same for the dark shards. 
but maybe I need to drop one for some screens/anvils. But what would function like that? 

You're not allowed to use COS city roules in Har Kuron