Let’s Chat: Morgwaiths Blade-coven

Still-young

Warband focus up now:

Morgwaeth has a claim to being one of Warhammer Underworlds’ best leaders. She’s absolutely instrumental to how Morgwaeth’s Blade-coven play, nominating a friendly fighter (including herself!) to be Inspired every time a foe dies. Thanks to her range, movement, and access to Cleave, few fighters can hide from her – just make sure not to overextend, and keep another fighter or two nearby to keep her safe!

GYuOOpPDZZcQ3RvV.jpg

Kyrae is a very different fighter from Morgwaeth. You’ll want to use her considerable ranged abilities and excellent mobility to finish off enemy fighters or push them into lethal hexes for maximum damage. She’s particularly useful for finishing off foes in the later stages of the game, gaining Cleave when she Inspires!

FaluNnvKDfKudrLE.jpg

Khamyss is another key damage-dealing fighter for Morgwaeth’s Blade-coven. With a dangerous ranged attack that can Combo into even more attacks, she’s great for chipping away at larger enemies or wading into clusters of squishier fighters. Indeed, when Inspired, and with an attack upgrade or two, she’s truly terrifying!

5fjc9Ge05FNeDBxF.jpg

Kyrssa and Lethyr are minor fighters that you’ll want to use to hold objectives and support the rest of your warband. Neither does much damage, but their speed ensures that they’re great for surrounding foes.

HWWiF6zqh3lz29CL.jpg
QeqM0k8U77yjIl2M.jpg

Morgwaeth’s Blade-coven are an aggro-flex warband – which means they’re best when used both to slay the enemy and capture objectives at the same time. The warband needs to play cautiously at first, hunting for easy kills and keeping Morgwaeth safe in order to Inspire key fighters. Pursuing Morgwaeth will be a priority for your opponent, so keep her back and use her in the final activations of a round to score a kill on an overextended enemy.  

This flexibility is supported by several ranged attacks. You’ll want to position this warband in aggressive spots where you expect to see conflict in order to maximise your glory points.

We’ll be taking a closer look at Morgwaeth’s Blade-coven and their play style later in the week – in the meantime, check out who they’ll be up against with our first preview of Morgok’s Krushas!

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/08/11/warband-focus-morgwaeths-blade-coven/

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/1/2020 at 11:00 AM, WathLab said:

Did some of yours broke ? Which part in particular ? I'm about to assemble mine, and I love the minis so much...

On 9/1/2020 at 6:12 PM, Lucentia said:

The plastic on mine seems the same quality as your standard GW kit as far as I can tell.  Morgwaeth's spear is a bit fragile cos it's so thin, but I haven't noticed anything unusually brittle.

Generally. Yes but like @Zamik says

On 9/1/2020 at 6:51 PM, Zamik said:

I managed to snap one of the sacrificial knives right off the handle, but it glued back easily.

All glued back fine. It was like I touched Lethyr's left hand sword and the whole blade part detached. Same with Morgwaeth's spear bottom third. It just was broken when it came off the sprue and I'm a very very careful clipper with very very sharp snips so I don't know how it happened. It didn't look broken when I looked at the sprue. 

All easily fixed though. Just strange.

Edited by zedatkinszed

• 4 weeks later...

I am totally new to Warhammer Underwordls, but I have invested in Morgwaeths Bloodcoven. I have red through some forums and did also buy the cards of Rippas Snarlfangs. 

Do you have playing experience with Morgwaeths squad?

What cards would you buy/add/change in the starter deck in the box?

On 10/2/2020 at 11:54 AM, Kaleun said:

I am totally new to Warhammer Underwordls, but I have invested in Morgwaeths Bloodcoven. I have red through some forums and did also buy the cards of Rippas Snarlfangs. 

Do you have playing experience with Morgwaeths squad?

What cards would you buy/add/change in the starter deck in the box?

From Rippas, I would immediately slot in Gathered Momentum to your objectives and Sting of the Ur Grub to your upgrades. Temporary Victory is also a very good objective card if you decide you wanna go with a more aggro brawl over objectives style of play. 

As far as buying for replacements, we're in a strange place right now. Season 2 cards are due to cycle out sometime in Dec and right now they make up roughly 40% of most competitive lists you'll find. In my personal decks, season two cards currently occupy 15/32 spots in my flex Coven and 14/32 in my aggro Coven. It may be best to wait and see where season 4 takes us before deciding what your next purchases might be, but if you want to get something now, the Beastgrave Gift Pack is your best bet for useful cards now and after card rotation. 

• Like 1

i got the mollogs mob cards for a cheap price and added those also. 

I would aim for something like that:

Gotta have to learn how the game works. Which matchups are good for the Bladecoven and witch matchups are hard to win against?

Edited by Kaleun

• 4 months later...