Synergy within the Grand Alliance

Grdaat

I posted about this within the Bretonnia thread, but I've been looking for any units within the Grand Alliance that have good cross-faction synergy, and I'm having a hard time finding any. It seems like everybody has been locked within their faction with very few exceptions, so I'm looking for any advice in case I missed them.

Does anyone know of any units or heroes that have abilities that buff units outside of their own faction? I'd like to make certain armies stronger (Bretonnia right now, but also other armies like the Dispossessed) and I think I've hit a dead end.

EDIT: before anyone points it out, yes there's a pinned thread with abilities that affect the Order keyword, however it's extremely out of date and almost nothing there is accurate in regards to the current game.

Edited by Grdaat

15 hours ago, Grdaat said:

I posted about this within the Bretonnia thread, but I've been looking for any units within the Grand Alliance that have good cross-faction synergy, and I'm having a hard time finding any. It seems like everybody has been locked within their faction with very few exceptions, so I'm looking for any advice in case I missed them.

Does anyone know of any units or heroes that have abilities that buff units outside of their own faction? I'd like to make certain armies stronger (Bretonnia right now, but also other armies like the Dispossessed) and I think I've hit a dead end.

EDIT: before anyone points it out, yes there's a pinned thread with abilities that affect the Order keyword, however it's extremely out of date and almost nothing there is accurate in regards to the current game.

Sorry to be the one to tell you, but since COS came out, there is almost no interesting synergies inside GA: Order.
The Hurricanum only buffs COS units now, and he was a stapple of cross listing.
I used to play Skyborne Slayers with an hidden assassin deployed inside a SCE unit. Now, I can't even do that anymore has he's got to be hidden inside a COS unit.

Edited by Maturin

Not much to go on but a few random ideas for GA:Order mostly coming from the Stormcast battletome:

-Stardrakes give +1 to cast to all friendly wizards

-Knight Azyros : rerolling 1s to hit for friendly units targeting enemies within 10"

-TECLIS personal spell (protection of Teclis) gives a 5+ FNP to friendly units (no keyword limitation) in 18"

-Celestant prime gives +1 to bravery to ORDER units wholly within 18"

-Lord ordinator (+1 to hit to friendly WAR MACHINES)

-Protectors give -1 to hit against shooting to friendly units wholly within 6" (if they are closer to the enemy)

-I think many Battlemage buffs can still target "friendly units"

- Phoenixes get their bonus if a friendly wizard casts a spell (and the frost one gives the -1 to wound to friendly models)

4 hours ago, Maturin said:

Sorry to be the one to tell you, but since COS came out, there is almost no interesting synergies inside GA: Order.
The Hurricanum only buffs COS units now, and he was a stapple of cross listing.
I used to play Skyborne Slayers with an hidden assassin deployed inside a SCE unit. Now, I can't even do that anymore has he's got to be hidden inside a COS unit.

I know, this was the exact reason I decided to make this topic.

2 hours ago, Marcvs said:

-TECLIS personal spell (protection of Teclis) gives a 5+ FNP to friendly units (no keyword limitation) in 18"

-I think many Battlemage buffs can still target "friendly units"

I forgot about Teclis, I might have to use him to get the damage and saves I need, especially since he essentially gives the ward save they should already have. I had read his Warscroll previously but hadn't realized that protection protects more than Lumineth.

As for Battlemages, some of them do have unique spells, but none of them are good enough for me to consider. It's so easy for your opponent to stop and the spells themselves provide very minor buffs/debuffs. The only exception is the Loremaster, but as I said, he's easy to stop and that's assuming you even get the spell off.

• 1 month later...
On 7/8/2020 at 7:25 PM, Icegoat said:

The grand alliances are dead and fallen. Your army is your army. They are a relic of the first age

I consider CoS the grand alliance in a more lore correct way with some background and rules that match the rest.