Shock and awe

Tizianolol

Question

7 answers to this question

2 hours ago, Isotop said:

Could you provide a quote about this? I am pretty sure it is always when a Stormcast unit is set up from reserves. I do not have access to the battletome atm, though.

You are correct in fact. According to the battletome: "Subtract 1 from hit rolls for attacks that that target friendly Stormcast Eternal units that were set up on the battlefield during the same turn."

I never realized that, I always assumed it was directly tied to the Scions of the Storm ability. Nifty.

Still wouldn't affect units set up on the battlefield at the start of the game, as they are set up before turns are taken, but good to know!

4 hours ago, Oak7603 said:

I'm confused... although it doesn't take much to be fair.

I don't see the difference between these two comments

The Stormcast Eternal reserve mechanism is the Scions of Storm so what is the difference?

Shock and awe is also active if you use a prayer or CA that redeploys your units - anything that sets up a unit of Stormcast again in the ability/prayer description.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/25/2020 at 3:59 PM, OkayestDM said:

Shock and Awe only applies if a unit was set up in the Celestial Realm and then deployed on the battlefield later. It only effects a unit that was deployed from the heavens, and only lasts until the end of the turn that unit was deployed.

Could you provide a quote about this? I am pretty sure it is always when a Stormcast unit is set up from reserves. I do not have access to the battletome atm, though.

I'm confused... although it doesn't take much to be fair.

I don't see the difference between these two comments

On 6/25/2020 at 2:59 PM, OkayestDM said:

Shock and Awe only applies if a unit was set up in the Celestial Realm and then deployed on the battlefield later. It only effects a unit that was deployed from the heavens, and only lasts until the end of the turn that unit was deployed.

13 hours ago, Isotop said:

... I am pretty sure it is always when a Stormcast unit is set up from reserves...

The Stormcast Eternal reserve mechanism is the Scions of Storm so what is the difference?

5 hours ago, Oak7603 said:

The ability doesn't specify that they must be setup "from reserves," merely that they must be set up, which would include various teleportation methods beyond the reserves system, such as the SCE prayer "Translocation" or the Soul Scream Bridge. Additional, Vanguard Hunters can be set up in a different reserve which allows them to deploy within 6" of the table edge, and more than 7" away from enemy models.

It's very verbiage specific - but the way it is worded, it doesn't have to be reserves specifically. Personally, I believe that the intent was for it to be tied to the Scions of the Storm ability, but they just didn't write it out that way, and there has been no errata to clarify the point.

EDIT: I didn't make it far enough to notice that this answer was already given more succinctly, my apologies.

Edited by OkayestDM
  • Haha 1