Just inherited 6 Evocators on Dracoline; what City would best compliment them?

Nasrod

Hey folks. I just inherited 6 Evocator on Dracoline from a great friend who didn't need them. I don't have much interest in a full Stormcast army, but I would love the excuse to get a Cities list started. The sheer amount of options available has me overwhelmed though. 

I would love some opinions on where these fantastic sculpts would be best utilized within the Cities of Sigmar book. 

Thanks!

Depends on what you would like to do. If you wanna have magical support slling spells around them and buff their wounding rolls to a 2+, then hallowheart is a good choice in general. OTherwise, having them be part of Hammerhal would be fun for an all cavalry list, and you get the potential for Aventis Firestrike to be helping them out as part as hammerhal.

Living City gives outflank to them, but they do not have a shooting attack to take advantage of the extra movement it gives with the strike and fade rule, but it allows them to get nice and close!

Edited by Acid_Nine

15 hours ago, Nasrod said:

Hey folks. I just inherited 6 Evocator on Dracoline from a great friend who didn't need them. I don't have much interest in a full Stormcast army, but I would love the excuse to get a Cities list started. The sheer amount of options available has me overwhelmed though. 

I would love some opinions on where these fantastic sculpts would be best utilized within the Cities of Sigmar book. 

Thanks!

Tempest Eye in my opinion.

They can charge across the table turn 1, when they have a Knight Heraldor with them. 12 base move + 3 T.E alligience + 6 run + 1 T.E alligience + a rerollable charge + . That is  on average 29".

What is great is that they will then benefit from the +1 to save rolls from the T.E bonus, since they will get in combat turn 1.

46 minutes ago, Rune said:

Tempest Eye in my opinion.

They can charge across the table turn 1, when they have a Knight Heraldor with them. 12 base move + 3 T.E alligience + 6 run + 1 T.E alligience + a rerollable charge + . That is  on average 29".

What is great is that they will then benefit from the +1 to save rolls from the T.E bonus, since they will get in combat turn 1.

Aaaaaand I'm now ordering a Heraldor. 

• Like 2

Tempest eye for the win!!!!! 
extra move and save turn one. Extra attacks through a city spell. 
get in a heraldor for even more movement. Maybe a Lord arcanum on dracoline for even more PPOWERRR!  and let those monsters hunt 😍

Dang, just looking at them myself as I really want them at some point for my stormcast. Great models imo. 

but stacking the buffs in tempest eye gets crazy. It’s but death starry but dang. 
With their own empower spell, aura of glory from a lord arcanum, and then it’s command abilities gives you:

6x 3+, 3+ rerolling, -1 rend, 1 damage 

5x 3x, 3+ rerolling, -1 rend, D3 damage 

+ 2x, 4+ for a MW. 

per model! 
And even without run and charge from an heraldor, they’re 15” move, 3+ save turn one and 5 wounds. 
So they’ll stick around for the next turn as well 

1 hour ago, Kramer said:

Dang, just looking at them myself as I really want them at some point for my stormcast. Great models imo. 

but stacking the buffs in tempest eye gets crazy. It’s but death starry but dang. 
With their own empower spell, aura of glory from a lord arcanum, and then it’s command abilities gives you:

6x 3+, 3+ rerolling, -1 rend, 1 damage 

5x 3x, 3+ rerolling, -1 rend, D3 damage 

+ 2x, 4+ for a MW. 

per model! 
And even without run and charge from an heraldor, they’re 15” move, 3+ save turn one and 5 wounds. 
So they’ll stick around for the next turn as well 

If you want to go all in with buffing the kitties, a knight Azyros with his rerolli g 1's to hit will do the trick, and his buff benefits other TE units as well! (That's a lot of Stormcast units in a CoS army though . . .)

• Like 1

So having 6 kitties myself, there are 3 ways that I would use them.

Option 1: Hallowheart
The benefit with hallowheart is ignite weapons for a 2+ to wound.  Bounce around with a hurricanum, and you can also be rocking a 2+ to hit.  Here they are more used as a heavy missile that can go out and blow things up, while operating independently from the rest of the hallowheart deathstar.  

Option 2: Tempest Eye
Here, I would pair them with a lord-arcanum or hurricanum.  A heraldor is also nice, but trying to fit lord-arcanum, heraldor and kitties in one list is going to stretch your non-stormcast units (maybe a bunch of individual model gyrocopters?).  Here you want the lord-arcanum or hurricanum to run alongside the kitties with aura of glory, and they can charge on turn 1 with a 3+ save and extra attacks.  For bonus, bring a lord-arcanum on dracoline and use his command ability to give the mounts extra attacks too.

Option 3: Hammerhall
This use is to abuse the lord-arcanum on dracoline's command ability.  Hammerhall gives you the most command points, and you can give the lord-arcanum the twinstones for a +1 to hit bubble.  Nothing about the command ability says once per turn, so you can use this to spam out a LOT of extra r1 d3 damage attacks.  I like this plan with MSU handgunners and freeguild guard to maximize your banners.  Oh, and since you will probably be charging into your opponents territory, you might be able to pile in and attack twice too.

Overall, I think that one of these 3 cities is going to be the best use for them, but which city you choose depends heavily on what the rest of your army is going to be.  They can also work fine in the rest of the cities, but none of the remaining cities really gives them anything that truly stands out.

• Like 1