Rules on Chaos Aligance

TheOldSkall

If I want to run a disciples of Tzeench army, can I put the mark of Tzeench on my chaos warriors, Chariots and knights to make them disciples of Tzeench? I remember reading in the generals handbook that you can only bring a certain number of points in allied units. So if half my points are from Tzeench demons and the other half are from slaves of darkness units, can I put the mark of Tzeench on those chaos units and make them compatible with the demons? 

8 hours ago, TheOldSkall said:

If I want to run a disciples of Tzeench army, can I put the mark of Tzeench on my chaos warriors, Chariots and knights to make them disciples of Tzeench? I remember reading in the generals handbook that you can only bring a certain number of points in allied units. So if half my points are from Tzeench demons and the other half are from slaves of darkness units, can I put the mark of Tzeench on those chaos units and make them compatible with the demons? 

You can mark every unit that has the ability to be marked.

If every unit is marked Tzeench, you can use the Tzeench book. As soon as you mark them tzeench they don't count as allies anymore.

Please excuse my ignorance. As I understand it, if I run Blades of Khorne  with Khorne marked knights, or warriors  the latter are not taken as Allies. However if I take a Slaves to Darkness army, even if they are all Khorne marked, a Bloodsecrator  or Flesh Hounds I’d like to take  from the BOK would be allies for not more than 20% of list.  Just trying to look down the right end of the telescope here.

5 hours ago, Fatpixel said:

As I understand it, if I run Blades of Khorne  with Khorne marked knights, or warriors  the latter are not taken as Allies.

Correct. If they have the mark of Khorne, they have the Khorne keyword. Anything with the Khorne keyword is part of Khorne allegiance.

5 hours ago, Fatpixel said:

However if I take a Slaves to Darkness army, even if they are all Khorne marked, a Bloodsecrator  or Flesh Hounds I’d like to take  from the BOK would be allies for not more than 20% of list.

Correct again. Your allegiance is Slaves to Darkness, so any BOK battletome guys you bring in have to be allies because they don't have the Slaves to Darkness keyword.

4 hours ago, Maddpainting said:

I'm teaching a new player this as well, but for the life of me I can not find the rule to show him, what section is it in for the core book/Gamers book?

It's on page 17 of the AoS core rules, which are free to download. Dunno about the others you mentioned, sorry.