Purchase flat objective markers?

Kasper

I like the look of those ones that are completely clear and just lay flat on the table.

Would it be too low effort to just measure and cut circles from laminate paper or perhaps those clear paper folders? I guess accuracy of measurement could be an issue in a tournament but they could still be used as mostly a visual with actual tape measurements being the “exact” tool of a disagreement occurs.

I also really liked those metal “ring” circles someone posted earlier too.

2 hours ago, Kaizennus said:

I like the look of those ones that are completely clear and just lay flat on the table.

Would it be too low effort to just measure and cut circles from laminate paper or perhaps those clear paper folders? I guess accuracy of measurement could be an issue in a tournament but they could still be used as mostly a visual with actual tape measurements being the “exact” tool of a disagreement occurs.

I also really liked those metal “ring” circles someone posted earlier too.

A sheet of a clear paper folder is too small. For AoS you need a 12“ diameter per objective 😅

37 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

A sheet of a clear paper folder is too small. For AoS you need a 12“ diameter per objective 😅

Aha, that’s right. On second thought even A3 sized paper is just under 12 inches on the short side too so neither would work.

On 5/27/2020 at 2:33 AM, Warheadsbylink said:

I got six transparent 12" discs for £20 including postage by getting them made at https://www.perspexsheet.uk/

They've been really good so far, I didn't realise how much faster/easier that would make planning around objectives until I played with them. Only thing they need is something adding to mark the centre point imo. 

IMG_20191120_181337.jpg

this is the most interesting post in the thread, for me. I would like to find a source of these in the US. Still looking.

• 7 months later...