Generic Chaos Monkey Wrenches

Lord Krungharr

I have a random stew of Chaos things to jam up enemies rather than outright kill them.  Thinking some kinda Grand Alliance army, with Nurglings, the Changeling, Verminlord Warpseer for warpgale, Jabberslythes for crazy do-nothing times, and what else does Chaos have to slow and shut people down? 

Daemonsmith for -1 to hit from outside of unbind range is decent.  Maybe a Bray Shaman with Taurus spell too.  Hmmmmm, HMMMMMM

Probably gotta have the Shackles spell too to double rat trap people.

Endless spell will be the way to go I think. What about the wrath axe? The damage is nice, as is the -1 to hit. Although it might be though to stay out of range yourself. Or pair it with a Khorne unit such a wrathmongers/skull takers for damage even is they die. 

Ah yes, Blessings!  Those are great since they can't be denied.  Thank you very much.  Good reason to get my Slaughter Priests painted.  If I can get them to go off, running the Bleeding Icon between Hexgorger Skulls makes for a great wall.  I'd have to keep them Khornies to one flank whilst my wizards go to the other side.

I was thinking Nurglings, but looks like the don't come out til my first movement phase, and they have to be in cover and 9" away from enemies.  Since I'll be a high drop list I don't think that bodes well for Nurgling placement.  Perhaps instead a bunch of Night Runners would be better for pre-game movement?  They'd also pair well with my Verminlord Deceiver who could teleport himself and then plop Vermintide in front of dudes, and then charge a unit I don't want to shoot at stuff.....while the Changeling plops the Prismatic Palisade in front of others.  

Another guy I just thought of might be good for this style of play is Horticulous Slimux.  Love that model!  And he could be Soulscream Bridged, thanks to the Blue Scribes 2+ casting thing, and then throw a big poopy tree in front of dudes turn 2.  He's super resilient too, 3+ save, 8 wounds, with 5+ ward save, and no slouch in combat.

I don't like to rely too heavily on wizards if I can avoid it.  So many things just negate it outright, Knight-Incantor, Brazen Rune or Blood Tithe points, new Null Myriad ****** from Ossiarchs, probably other stuff too.  But Jabberslythes and Khorne Blessings are pretty good.  So is a poop tree!  I always hated how Sylvaneth just grow annoying woods wherever they go.  Mainly I'm just jealous of it 😛

• Like 1

Here's what I came up with just now.....

Verminlord Deceiver (general, Malicious Conqueror-or whichever the one to augment the +1 to hit chance to 5+, and Chaos Talisman for another ward save)

2 Slaughterpriests

Changeling

Blue Scribes

Horticulous Slimux

3x10 Gors (with shields, battleline)

10 Chaos Warriors (battleline, shields and swords)

2 Jabberslythes

Soulsnare Shackles

Prismatic Palisade

Vermintide

Hexgorger Skulls

Bleeding Icon

Extra Command Point

I wonder what Slaanesh could offer in a jam-them-up style army?  -1 to hits and Dark Temptation from a Keeper is pretty good and no random roll required.  Then it would be all 4 gods participating too, or 5 with the Horned Rat!

Edited by Lord Krungharr

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/1/2019 at 7:47 AM, Lord Krungharr said:

Perhaps instead a bunch of Night Runners would be better for pre-game movement?  They'd also pair well with my Verminlord Deceiver who could teleport himself and then plop Vermintide in front of dudes, and then charge a unit I don't want to shoot at stuff.....while the Changeling plops the Prismatic Palisade in front of others.  

But then go big with the gutter runners, better set up rules and th vortex. If you get it off it decimates stuff. 

not in the magical theme but for a nurgle segment have you considered spine and some blightkings ? They die slooooowww  

list looks cool. Why 3x10 gors though? 

Slaanesh is tricky but the new daemon Prince ruleset are cool and you can mark them. 6 fiends are fast and give -1 to cast, hit and wound. 

• Thanks 1

Hmmm, yes, I always liked Gutter Runners.  Outflank and assassinate with ninja stars is excellent.  Spume and Blightkings are solid.  

I like the Gors for the cheapest battleline, though maybe Marauders are cheaper, I will have to see about them.  Can't wait for the new Slaves tome, I think that will aid the Wrenches of Chaos :)

39 minutes ago, Lord Krungharr said:

Hmmm, yes, I always liked Gutter Runners.  Outflank and assassinate with ninja stars is excellent.  Spume and Blightkings are solid.  

I like the Gors for the cheapest battleline, though maybe Marauders are cheaper, I will have to see about them.  Can't wait for the new Slaves tome, I think that will aid the Wrenches of Chaos :)

Oh yes it will. It’s going to be a good basis. Curious to see how they will handle the war shrine. It’s a Khorne priest so it should be able to summon the judgements while taking full advantage of the slaves to darkness rules. 

Take a contorted epitome for its ability to make things strike last in radius around it, even outside of slaanesh allegiance. Also it gets rerolls to unbind, and can unbind twice a turn. Fiends give -1 to cast and enrapturesses make your opponents reroll successful casts (and occasionally do mortals) and can dispel endless spells.

• Like 2

Furies and other similar units are fantastic objective holders. When it comes to combat, target priority is key and furies mess that all up. As an example lets say the enemy has your light armored objective holding unit and some hard hitting hammer type unit of yours in combat. In this situation it is typical to attack the hammer unit first because the damage done by the objective holders should be mostly minor but doing this when the objective holder is furies means that can activate, move out of combat and probably still score the objective. Alternatively, you opponent will swing at the furies first giving your hammer unit the chance to do some damage to the unit that charged them. And this is just how the furies work on their own, put them into the kind of army your designing and your really gonna see them shine. Once you start forcing your opponent to swing last you can basically freely opt out of any combat that is sent your way. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Lord Krungharr said:

Furies have intrigued me just because they're Chaos undivided.  How would one utilize they're Skaven-like retreat thing?

It's also Kharadron Overlords Thunderers like 😂Which I have used plenty of times. My big trick is charge them in, select them first and move past them. It helps get objectives, set up wide annoying screens just outside 3" to delay, etc. If you only charge the furies in a turn, you basically get an 2d6 charge + retreat as extra movement. Can be truly clutch. 

And the @CeleFAZE's suggestion for the epitome is brilliant in your list! Opens up the Slaanesh Endless spells as well

Edited by Kramer

• 1 month later...