Alternate flagrllants

mmimzie

Was wondering if you folks think of this as an acceptible flagellent unit for my cities army.

I'm looking to using a combination of cypher lords, corvus cabal,  cultist if the abyss, arkanaut company, and maybe some flagellent models to make a squad of flagellents. 

All based on 25s

For the cypher lords im thinking of doing a few head swaps with some shadow warrior, sisters of the watch, and darkshard heads.  As a small group of elven militia.

Corvus Cabal some skin green stuffing to clean them up. Not painted with blood on chest. The head in the ladies hand will either be carved out of she will get a different hand. Otherwise i won't use the model. 

Cultist of the abyss. Grenades removed, pistol holders removed, hand and arm swaps for flagellent weapons or free guild weapons. Not using the respirator model. 

Arknaught company would have all guns removed and take dwarf weapons from warriors and hammerers. 

The few flagellents if any will have none of thier normal weapons and would get shadow warrior and freeguild weapons. I really don't like how think the shafts are on thier weapons.

A little lore on my city is its deepkin who made a glowing city in ulgu. They draw in all races and aligences to join them with their guiding light. Do the city is jam packed with mercenaries. This army is a mercenary army, and the flagellents are apprentices to the mercenary company who are coming from various walks of life. 

For regiments of mercs in training, regular Freeguild Guard or Bleakswords might be better.

Flagellants have NO armor and flail wildly and dies in droves. A lot of these models look more like regular militia and might be too organized and such for Flagellants.

If ya make them disheveled and crazy enough, sure, but a mixed rag tag group works fine for Freeguild, IMO.

Would love to see pics! Maybe get a better understanding of what you are aiming for.

• Like 1

Gotta agree woth @flamingwalnut Flagellant's warscroll is clearly crazy men in rags with whatever they found first that is capable of dealing fatal wounds. Nothing about your suggested models translates into this (except maybe the crazy part) 

Too bad freeguild militia isn't a thing anymore so I guess flaggelants are the only reasonble representation of your idea, but I would rather go for different units using different warscrolls.

• Like 1