Hello there. May i have your guidence?

Hanneskannes

Hey :)

i need your help for building my CoS.

Through the last 15 years i was basically painting stuff. Now that i found out that my Colleague play 40k, i want to change that. Iam about to finish my first Killteam :D. But thats not the topic.

As you know CoS is out^^ and i would like to play AoS aswell in the future. 

I havnt purchased the CoS Book yet. So i have no clue. Forgive me :I

I have units from several fractions and i hope u guys and girls help me which City suites my already existing pile of minions thus i can save time and money.

I have

10 Hammerers

6 demigryphs 

10 dark elves dreadspears (i can switch gear if necessary)

12 Dark elves Black guard

5 drakespawn knights

The isles of Blood box

The seraphon strikehost Box

The Fireslayers start collecting box

About the last 3 races i hope to include them somehow. I wont play competitive so that shouldnt matter. 

What units do you think schould i purchase next?

I like like every fraction (besides the aos marines) So, there are no boundarys. 

Mercy & have a nice day

Well u are very close to have the Hammerhall battalion :"Hammerhalian Lancers" . To complete it you still need Freeguild General on Griffon and 3 more Demigryph knights. That would give you core for ur army worth 1000pkt .
If this choice don't  strike u fancy try to complete any 3 battleline units for ur army.

Hi @Hanneskannes, welcome to Cities of Sigmar. :D 

All your stuff bar the Seraphon, who can't be allied in is totally usable in a Cities of Sigmar force.

It looks like you've got a pretty healthy mix of different factions there. Cities of Sigmar don't get their own endless spells like most other armies, but are much more effective at using the generic ones than anyone else to compensate for this; so I'd think about picking up a couple of wizards (Sorceresses or Battlemages, your preference) and the Malign Sorcery box if you want some fun games. Possibly some more battleline choices if you want a bit more flexibility picking your general too.

All the High Elf stuff from the Isle of Blood Box no longer has it's own rules, but is still pretty usable as the remaining aelf options in the CoS book. If you're not sure what to run each unit as I've written a couple of blog posts on what I personally think works best:

https://doublemisfire.blogspot.com/2019/09/no-substitute-discontinued-units-in.html

https://doublemisfire.blogspot.com/2019/09/no-substitute-discontinued-units-in_26.html

Hey DM :)

thanks for your comment. you put a lot of work in your Blog! Would u recommend a conversion to a Freeguild General on Griffon from Eltharion? U didnt mention it in your post. The base woud not suit, i think.

ill work on my Battle Lines! And buy mages. U mentioned a couple of them. Like 1-2 for 1k Points and 3-4 in a game with =>2k, right?

@Grunaldi

I googeled "Hammerhalian Lancers" and found a Picture using a flock of griphon hounds in excange for the last 3 demigryphs knights. Do u Think it can work? Are they even available in CoS? It looks fun and they are fast to paint.

1 hour ago, Hanneskannes said:

I googeled "Hammerhalian Lancers" and found a Picture using a flock of griphon hounds in excange for the last 3 demigryphs knights. Do u Think it can work? Are they even available in CoS? It looks fun and they are fast to paint.

They are available, but author just used them for theme and good picture, you can't take them instead of proper Demis in battalion, just to be clear.

2 hours ago, Hanneskannes said:

Would u recommend a conversion to a Freeguild General on Griffon from Eltharion

If you put him on the right base he is good to go in my opinion , he is a guy on a griffon after all that match Cities of Sigmar esthetic.

2 hours ago, Hanneskannes said:

Gryph-hounds are available in CoS because in every city 1 in 4 unit can be an Stormcast Eternal unit , however they are not a part of  Hammerhalian Lancers battalion ... but if you put them on right bases and maybe put some human knight next to them so they looks like a dismounted unit  or that those are young demigryphs in training...it could work

Edited by Grunaldi

• The griffin from the Island of Blood set can be a General on Griffin (though less impressive than Karl Franz)
  • I would not make your elven horsemen into Demigryphs, they could be excellent Pistoleers or Dark riders, both of which are good units
  • Darkshards (alternate equipment of the dreadspears), are also excellent units.
  • The Darkspawn Riders currently do have rules, but they are very poor, with some greenstuffing and stuffing the backs of horses on them, they could be Demigryph Knights in their own right
  • All your other Island of Blood stuff elves can be proxied for something else
  • Fyreslayers can be allied in, Seraphon, sadly, can not

Some options:

• I think the Seraphon Strikehost was an army on itself, about 1000 points, you can google it.
  • Anvilgard: You have monsters, they have monster battleline. Not these monsters, but still, it may be a good proxy option, get a sorceress
  • Hammerhal: For the batallion, you'd need more demis. Get a few spellcasters, and you can spur even your hammerers along with a very good (and flying) speed
  • Tempest's eye: Get two boxes of pistoleers (about the same price as a box of demis) use your ellirian reavers with spare pistols and start running. Sorceress still highly recommend.

Mercy,

I think i know what i will aim for.  I ll buy 3 more gryphs and the Big griffon. Maybe i am able to converse the griffonmage to be one on foot. I also have one dark elves sorceres. That should be enough mages for 1k points.

I paint my firedwarfs afterwards and change the weappons of my dark elves. Maybe i ll repaint the the High elves reavers darker. 

And after that its 2025^^

Thanks for the insight

Greetings from germany

• 1 year later...

Hey,

After a long time i diceded to give you guys an update. I recently bought a small  cos army via ebay. So i could add 5 pistoliers, 5 outriders, 8 gunners, 12 greatswords 14 soldier with sword and shield. 3 human wizards a general on horse, 2 greatkannons a rocketlauncher, a hellkannon? and 3 more demigryph knights to my list.

I have enough to make a 1k points list für Hammerhallian lancers. How would you expand the list from now on? 

Unfortunatelly i couldnt play a single Game this year due to corona.

Here are some Pictures of my painted models so far.

20200601_124821.jpg

20201031_102546.jpg

20201031_102606.jpg

IMG-20201025-WA0005.jpeg

IMG-20201025-WA0002.jpeg

IMG-20200329-WA0004.jpeg

IMG-20200329-WA0002.jpeg

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 2

As u see, I try to make some sort of dwarfen wanderers. They ll get a different colorscheme. A blue or a turquoise maybe. But Iam not sure about the weappon they schould carry. At first i wantet to arm them with crossbows. But i dont know which one suits them best. Gunns could happen but they dont match with the human handgunners. The original 1hand&shield or the 2handers could also happen.

In the end i want to create an army with humans an dwarfs. I want to add some old quarrellers to my handgunners and planning to mix in some dwarfen cannonteams and a organgun as hellfiregun to my battery. 

I have the oportunity to exchange my fireslayers  with my friends KO. The small airship and some balon guys. They look fun and i might use them in an tempest eye list. Are they a good pick?

I fell in love with the range. Thus i want not to fokus "only" on the lancers.

This looks really nice! I like your Bases and the muted Yellow on your Freeguild Soldiers. :)
If I may ask: What Model is the guy in your third picture in the center? The one with the Swordarm raised and the extra grumpy face. I have never seen it before. Is he converted out of the Greatsword-Kit?
Also Dwarven Wanderers are a very cool Idea and I would love to see more about what you come up with!
Have fun 😃

Edited by Aloth_Corfiser