Three Hurricanums

Stevewren

I've been brain storming lists for Order recently. I have elves, empire, wanderers, sylvaneth, and have just purchased some dwarfs. I've written a number of lists, and have come to the somewhat depressing conclusion that every list would be better if I can get +1 to hit on three units, and also have a load of mortal wounds done. Is the '3 Hurricanums'  the first AoS meta choice? If it is how would you all beat them? 

I think 3 is overkill, 2 for redundancy and some cheaper artillery seems better. The +1 to hit auras don't stack and they are expensive for 11 wounds and a 4+ save.

Long range shooting can destroy them asap (Jezzails with the +1 to hit chaos command trait), even Judicators (especially Skyborne Slayers).

19 minutes ago, Nico said:

I think 3 is overkill, 2 for redundancy and some cheaper artillery seems better. The +1 to hit auras don't stack and they are expensive for 11 wounds and a 4+ save.

Long range shooting can destroy them asap (Jezzails with the +1 to hit chaos command trait), even Judicators (especially Skyborne Slayers).

Why don't they stack? It's not a spell, it's an ability so not affected by Three Rules of 1, unless I'm missing something.

Except that the wording on the scroll makes clear that it's "within range of any Celestial Hurricanum's Portents of Battle ability when they attack". I believe "any" means one or more in this context. Hence it doesn't stack, as Rufio acknowledged.

8 minutes ago, Nico said:

Except that the wording on the scroll makes clear that it's "within range of any Celestial Hurricanum's Portents of Battle ability when they attack". I believe "any" means one or more in this context. Hence it doesn't stack, as Rufio acknowledged.

This.

If you are in range of any you get +1, so if you're in range of 10 of them you still only get +1

2 is enough, unless you want to spread out across the back of the board.

3 hours ago, Stevewren said:

... every list would be better if I can get +1 to hit on three units ...

I think you can get +1 to hit on all units in the range of the ability right? Not just three? I think that is what makes them such an effective force multiplier, as well as the fact that they affect all Order units.

As to how to beat them - maybe ask @Nathan (Prescott) as he recently achieved victory over Rufio using his Greater Moonclan Goblins. The answer is probably... fanatics. 

6 hours ago, Nico said:

Yep, your right. Didn't read scroll properly. ?. 

Two should be sufficient as whilst they don't stack, they do each effect all units within range as opposed to selecting just one like most buffing units.

Tbh I only recently realised that you could stack Ironjawz Warchanters (incorrectly suggested otherwise in a passing comment on my last podcast episode). I think a lot of it comes down to unlearning the conventions we had in place under SCGT, though as @Terry Pike that lack of common wording/phrasing on the warscrolls doesn't help particularly!

Archived