Black Library Amazon Kindle Pre-Orders

25 minutes ago, Overread said:

Hmm not pre-ordered any but which books were they? 

Genevieve Undead was the one I had ordered. Then I checked the anthology and Rulers of the Dead, neither of them have an option to buy on Kindle any longer. 

Happened to me too, but this is not unusual for Kindle, and not just with GW. For some reason, a lot of pre-orders seem to get pulled a few days before the ebook is released, which automatically cancels existing pre-orders. Aggravating.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, madmac said:

Happened to me too, but this is not unusual for Kindle, and not just with GW. For some reason, a lot of pre-orders seem to get pulled a few days before the ebook is released, which automatically cancels existing pre-orders. Aggravating.

That is interesting, I have never had it happen before with an eBook.

I think aggravating sums up my general experience dealing with Black Library.  I do not understand why they cannot get their act together.  In many cases they actually make it difficult to purchase their product.

Just an update, this week's new books from BL are not available at all in ebook format on the Amazon store.

edit-

Interestingly, all the books are actually available on the Apple book store.  I don't know if people were tracking, but recently many Black Library books on the Kindle store were reduced to much better prices (more in line with other books sold through the Kindle store).  Books on the Apple store have not been reduced in price (i.e. a book that cost 15.99 USD is still that price whereas the Kindle version will likely be 9.99 or 11.99 USD).  Makes me wonder if this is some sort of fight Black Library is having with Amazon.

Edited by Austin

On 5/25/2019 at 7:35 AM, Austin said:

Just an update, this week's new books from BL are not available at all in ebook format on the Amazon store.

edit-

Interestingly, all the books are actually available on the Apple book store.  I don't know if people were tracking, but recently many Black Library books on the Kindle store were reduced to much better prices (more in line with other books sold through the Kindle store).  Books on the Apple store have not been reduced in price (i.e. a book that cost 15.99 USD is still that price whereas the Kindle version will likely be 9.99 or 11.99 USD).  Makes me wonder if this is some sort of fight Black Library is having with Amazon.

That would be annoying.  Personally, I'd rather have my ebook in Kindle format over Apple Books, so hopefully BL and Amazon can sort out any type of background issues.  Sorry that your preorders got messed up.

• Thanks 1