AoS Doubles painting: Khornate Chaos Mammoths (Chamon) and FEC

Melcavuk

Yup, those are visually distinct from the front but so feel like the same creature. The darker one feels older, the more ornate howdah befits it's status as the veteran.

The younger, lighter one is still settling in, it's crew yet to win many treasures or accolades, they decry the symbol of their master because they're brash upstarts.

• Like 1

they both look good, however my only issue is the green tongue.  It stands out.  I do like it, nothing wrong with it, but when paired up, i feel the first one should be given a similar color to its tongue, it would also break up some of that dark red color on it, but I feel that feature should be shared, maybe a darker tongue than the younger and brighter looking mammoth.   

• Like 1

Hey there. I will also be going to the June Throne of Skulls Doubles with my friend and I am really looking forward to seeing your mammoths for sure. These look really awesome, the level of detail just works so well and just screams Khorne (or that might be the screams of the dying enemies under them). The Gargantuan Squiggoth just seems to work as a base for the creature too. I'll be keeping an eye out for your army especially if you nominate one of them for the painting competition too.

Speaking of the event, have you noticed the event itself is no longer on the calendar in the Warhammer World website, do we know what is going on there?

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Draconder said:

Speaking of the event, have you noticed the event itself is no longer on the calendar in the Warhammer World website, do we know what is going on there?

I'm confident it's just that the site has had an update to format  and they haven't added all the events, there's plenty not on that list that should be looking at the ones on Eventbrite where you actually get the tickets.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Draconder said:

Hey there. I will also be going to the June Throne of Skulls Doubles with my friend and I am really looking forward to seeing your mammoths for sure. These look really awesome, the level of detail just works so well and just screams Khorne (or that might be the screams of the dying enemies under them). The Gargantuan Squiggoth just seems to work as a base for the creature too. I'll be keeping an eye out for your army especially if you nominate one of them for the painting competition too.

I had to dig through various Facebook posts to refund the event pack after it came off the site. I’m curious as to if it’s been removed to allow the event pack to update with forbidden power and GHB2019 as acceptable rules listings, given that both should release before the event day,

• Like 1

This is looking amazing. I love the use of the Hexgorger Skulls on the sides, there is not mistaking who's faction this is for. One other little detail I like is how you did the base as the creature to look like its feet is sinking into the earth due to its own immense weight.