Most optimized Legion of Nagash 1k list

Melcar

So, I'm in search of some inspiration for a really strong 1k list for an upcoming tournament. I already have some ideas, but I would love to get some insights from the community. I have a broad selection of models so everything goes, I just really want to get some inspiration, because at this point I'm kind of going in circles I feel.

So, what is the most competitive list possible with a 1k Legion of Nagash list?

Cheers

I think a list I used was something like this:

Vampire lord on dragon

Necromancer

40 man spear skeletons 

2x 10 man sword and board skeletons

And something for flavour? (No flavour actually. The two heroes and 3 battle line bring it to 990 points. Could and probly should swap the two 10 man squads for direwolves too.

Legion of Sacrament

Guardian of Souls with Mortality Glass

Necromancer

5 Dire Wolves

40 Chainrasp Horde

30 Grimghast Reapers

1CP

There's not much that VDM'ed reapers don't crush at this point level, and whatever you don't blow up you can outsustain and outscore. Mastery of Death trait and Temporal Translocation also combine for an absurd threat range for small boards.

Chainrasps could easily be skeletons; it's not that big a deal imo.

On 3/25/2019 at 11:21 AM, Jai said:

There's not much that VDM'ed reapers don't crush at this point level, and whatever you don't blow up you can outsustain and outscore. Mastery of Death trait and Temporal Translocation also combine for an absurd threat range for small boards.

Chainrasps could easily be skeletons; it's not that big a deal imo.

The problem could be fighting against Stormcasts. They have bonus against daemons and nighthaunts that hurt a lot. I'd use skeletons, witch are more powerful in attack, but a bit squishy in defense.

Greetings

Archived