Skyre Acolytes: How does one even go about acquiring them??

tarquinmccoy

Hi all,

I recently started a Skaven army, and am extremely excited to build and paint it!  One of the models I was hoping to add to my army is the Skyre Acolyte.  They have a pretty potent ranged attack, and I love that they can run and shoot in the same turn; I also love the model!  According to my list builder, Acolytes come in a minimum unit size of 5, and have a maximum unit size of 30.  However, the models are listed for sale on the GW website as $10 per model (also, sold out right now), meaning that it would cost $50 to field just one, minimum-sized unit of these; and $300 to field a maxed-out unit.  I feel like I have to be missing something?  Is there some other way to acquire these models en masse, or are people really shelling out hundreds of dollars for a quick-to-die battleline unit?  

I would welcome any advice or thoughts people have, and my apologies if the answer is obvious!  Thank you!

At the moment, there is not a lot of way to acquire acolytes. Usualy people convert them from other unit. The stormvemin+skitarii mentioned by @TalesOfSigmar is a good exemple. You can also use the head of the plagueclaw/warplightning cannon servants to have gazmask head. Else, add some green pearl that you could easily found (probably) and boom, jobs done.

There is a chance that GW redo the models as they were not removed from the latest skaven battletome (like the poison mortar) but nothing is certain.

So I'm the type of person that never goes 3rd party. Howeber when I added up my 2 battline units of acolytes I couldn't agree to it. As mentioned alot of folks are doing a conversion with bits from wlc and Dommwheeel plus some plague monks. This didnt cut it for me, as it's still quite expensive to acquire enough. 

Here is my suggestion, go 3rd party and save yourself money and frustration.  The photo included is a 3rd party miniature made by windmaster-miniatures. They are called Clan Raitz Priests. I did add a separate head on the single mini, from the wlc kit just for a cool look. I want to say I paid around 60-70$ for 24 minisreceived_2611031318937904.jpeg.98aa8ddc06aaffeff0477320b63c2023.jpeg20190317_214626.jpg.ece95ecf14f980475b5f8105b56ea696.jpg

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Personally I quite like using Skaven blood bowl minis for Acolytes, using plague claw/warp lightning cannon/doomwheel gas mask heads, BB gun pellets for their globes and biohazard backpacks from Maxmini. I was worried about their base sizes initially, but with the new errata/faq putting them on 32s, they even come with the recommended size bases :D

IMG_20180704_183144~01.jpg

• Like 4

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...