Fyreslayers - 2000p GH alpha strike

Andreas

But more seriously 20 vulkites for 320 pt have in practice 30-35 wounds if you consider the ward save and if you add a battlesmith they have 4+ rerollable normal save in close combat. They are tough.

That's true they're super tough but remember they soon drop down when below 20 and 10. Hearthguard stay tough all day long if you have heroes.

2 hours ago, The Jabber Tzeentch said:

That's true they're super tough but remember they soon drop down when below 20 and 10. Hearthguard stay tough all day long if you have heroes.

The 30-35 wounds is me trying to take that into account, otherwise I would say 40. ? Per point I think vulkites are tougher than Hearthguard Bezerkers if you go over 20 vulkites or maybe 15 vulkites if you have shields. But HB have one great benefit that you can have them in really small units and still be tough.

20 hours ago, Carnelian said:

Do you ever use an auric runemaster? His model is so cool bt his rules give a massive benefit to your enemy!

but his psych effect of board control when opponents won't risk the magma terrain is way more surprisingly effective than I expected early on. Usually my opponent forgets to or doesn't use the Ur-gold bearer, but strategy could move the runemaster and troops via tunnel or realmgate to get him within 10" and let punishment commence :) 

Archived