Fyreslayers - 2000p GH alpha strike

Andreas

I have been thinking alot on how to build a decent, interesting fyreslayer army for tournament play. Dont need to be a winning list but I would like it to at least present some problems to strong tournament lists.

This is one idea that I have. Do you think it could work? What should I change (I would like mono-fyreslayers)?

The idea is that I have divided the army into three parts.

A: The tunneling force: 20 Vulkites with two hand weapons, 20 Auric Hearthguards and 2 Runesmiters.

B: The magmadroths: 1 Runeson on magmadroth, 1 Runsmiter on magmadroth.

C: The defensive force: 2 x 15 Vulkites with shields and 1 Battlesmith

The idea is simple. Hold objectives on your table side with the defensive force. Run the magmadroths up the table to the enemy area you would like to crush. Use the Runesons command ability to roll 3 dice and chose 2 on charge rolls within 10 inches of him. Use the runesmiters ability to make everyone within 10 inches reroll wound rolls. Put the tunneling force 10 inches infront of the magmadroths (more than 9 inches from an enemy) and shoot with the Hearthguard and charge with the Vulkites. The Vulkites also reroll a charge roll so effectively you are rolling 4 dice to make 9 inches charge range.

Then you of course win the double turn shoot again, shoot with magmadroths, charge with magmadroths and crush the enemy.

1 Auric Runeson on Magmadroth 280
1 Auric Runesmiter on Magmadroth 220
1 Battlesmith 100
1 Auric Runesmiter 100
1 Auric Runesmiter 100
20 Vulkite Berserkers 320
15 Vulkite Berserkers 240
20 Auric Hearthguard 400
75   2000

Could this work?

Putting 500p into magmadroths might be too much. I have three list below with more bodies, are any of them stronger? I would lose the magmadroths mobility and support abilities. 

1 Auric Runeson on Magmadroth 280
1 Battlesmith 100
1 Auric Runesmiter 100
1 Auric Runesmiter 100
1 Grimwrath Berzerker 100
20 Auric Hearthguard 400
- Warrior Kindband 40
80   2000

1 Auric Runeson 80
1 Auric Runesmiter on Magmadroth 220
1 Battlesmith 100
1 Auric Runesmiter 100
1 Auric Runesmiter 100
20 Auric Hearthguard 400
- Warrior Kindband 40
85   2000

1 Auric Runeson 80
1 Battlesmith 100
1 Auric Runesmiter 100
1 Auric Runesmiter 100
1 Grimwrath Berzerker 100
20 Auric Hearthguard 400
10 Hearthguard Berserkers 200
- Warrior Kindband 40
90   2000

I would like to play against this isn't really what I want to hear on my attempt to make a tournament list. ?

Or actualy it is. ? And I am glad you liked the first one best mainly because I have two magmadroths and Timmy in me wants to use them.

Any one else see any glaring weaknesses in the list except bringing Fyreslayers only to a tournament.

Yes the first list is probably best and most interesting. ☺ Will be interesting to try it in different battleplans. I would think blood and glory will be hard because you can really only hold 2 objectives with a bit of luck. Take and hold is probably the best battleplan for it. It could potentially be very strong in gift from hevens if you delay the tunneling until you know where the meteor strike. Escalation makes almost all synergies useless but I guess that one is hard for anyone who are slow and needs heros to buff the battleline units.

• 1 month later...

I remember this, glad you linked to it. If you can wedge your magmabombs into as many units in a kill pocket and puke, tail lash and bleed them each phase to death you can certainly drop some foes. Hell, chuck a phoenix stone on one hero to get one more phase of bleeding:)

• 3 weeks later...

I love using the Lords of The Lodge Battalion.  It is a bit pricey at 160 but getting the bonus on your initiative roll on the round you need/want the double turn is huge.  Plus Hearthguard Bezerkers pilling in twice.  Sweet.  I don't know if you tweak your list to get it in, but I have used it to great effect to tunnel in with Auric Hearthguard and shoot twice with them taking out my opponents heavy hitters before they can do real damage.

Just my two cents worth. ?

8 minutes ago, Bimli said:

what does the warrior kindband do?

It gives you fewer drops and an artifact. Plus you get to throw your axes twice. :P

I ended up running the first list in the tournament I was attending were I couldnt afford the kindband but that list worked quite good, it felt strong. The third list without the Runeson on magmadroth I think could be quite good also. I did only need his command abillity in one out of five games. Then you could afford the formation.

3 hours ago, Templeton said:

I love using the Lords of The Lodge Battalion.  It is a bit pricey at 160 but getting the bonus on your initiative roll on the round you need/want the double turn is huge.  Plus Hearthguard Bezerkers pilling in twice.  Sweet.  I don't know if you tweak your list to get it in, but I have used it to great effect to tunnel in with Auric Hearthguard and shoot twice with them taking out my opponents heavy hitters before they can do real damage.

Just my two cents worth. ?

I havnt tried it. I couldnt afford it plus the runemaster and runefather and attempt the same gameplan as described above I think. But if you build a list around it I am sure its good. Me personally thinks 15 vulkites is better than 10 Hearthguard Berzerkers for a number of reasons. But I have seen good arguments both ways.

14 minutes ago, Carnelian said:

So how did this list work out game wise. It looks very cool 

Quite good, it felt strong.

2 majors, 2 minors (draws in this tournament pack) and one loss.

With some practice, I played my first game with this list at the tournament, I think it can be quite strong.

There are probably stronger fyreslayer lists but this list is no pushover and it looks cool. ☺

I have a 1200 point stormcast army which is basically the starter box plus venator, celestant and Gryph-Hound.

At the moment I'm allying in some Wanderers for my 2k army but I might dip my toe in with an allied fyreslayers contingent. If I keep it small I can not worry about having to paint too much flesh.

My wanderers provide much needed long range support but I could also do with a big unmoveable objective grabbing unit as I don't really have that.

Might start with a big unit of vulkite bezerkers, runesmiter and grimwrath bezerker as a start.

1 hour ago, Carnelian said:

I have a 1200 point stormcast army which is basically the starter box plus venator, celestant and Gryph-Hound.

At the moment I'm allying in some Wanderers for my 2k army but I might dip my toe in with an allied fyreslayers contingent. If I keep it small I can not worry about having to paint too much flesh.

My wanderers provide much needed long range support but I could also do with a big unmoveable objective grabbing unit as I don't really have that.

Might start with a big unit of vulkite bezerkers, runesmiter and grimwrath bezerker as a start.

The runesmiter is in the magmadroth box unfortunately. If you are not going to convert/proxy him (or buy a magmadroth) my suggestion is to buy 20 vulkites and a battlesmith, give them shields. That is a good start I think to try some fyreslayers. Next step would be to get hold of a runesmiter and maybe some auric hearthguard (and see if you really need some pointy ears to do your shooting).

Happy to get the magmadude because he looks great fun to paint.

I dont want to open up a can o worms but ive just been messing around on scrollbuilder and I can't believe you only get 5 wounds of vulkites for 80 points. You get 10 wounds or Liberators or 20 wounds of bonesplittaz for 100 points! Ouch that's costly

4 minutes ago, Carnelian said:

Happy to get the magmadude because he looks great fun to paint.

I dont want to open up a can o worms but ive just been messing around on scrollbuilder and I can't believe you only get 5 wounds of vulkites for 80 points. You get 10 wounds or Liberators or 20 wounds of bonesplittaz for 100 points! Ouch that's costly

Do they have orange mohawks?

Archived