Are Mistweaver Saih and Tenebrael Shard still hints, or are they just free agents?

kenshin620

I apologize if this topic is a dead horse, but we're well within AoS 2.0 and have also had a number of aelf faction books earlier in the year already and yet Mistweaver Saih and Tenebrael Shard still only belong in generic aelf faction. While they are pretty neat to use in Order lists, it seems quite strange they are one of the few Warhammer Quest models without a proper faction other than the spider grots (and the latter have an excuse since there aren't any grot books yet). Now of course that is not to say all other WQ models with factions are in good shape, the SCE one is probably a better use as a Count As.

So are the two aelf heroes still a tangible hint at a possible future aelf faction (but neither of them seem to fit with the rumored aelf faction that may be related to Light), or are they more of a way to show there are plenty of independent free agents within a grand alliance who are not bound by an allegiance?  I mean I guess that is kind of the point of Warhammer Quest, a motley crew of adventures seeking riches and/or glory.

Only GW knows really. GW are tight lipped on the future releases beyond a few months and Aelves are very underdeveloped at present. The High Elf based ones have had nothing, whilst Dark Elves only got Daughters of Khaine; Idoneth technically fits into the dark but used none of the original models (even though it would have been good to push the scourge privateers in there as an in-faction allied sea force of "living" peoples not just the creepy undersea peoples). Only the Wood elf ones are developed and even then that's mostly only the tree side of them, whilst the aelf side is sort of not quite fully developed but is partly ish. 

So there's a lot of room for work. All we know is that there are Angelic and Demonic Aelves to come - one force from Malarion and one from the High Elf Brothers (now gods)

John Blanche concepted a lot of the Silver Tower heroes as just their own thing - they talk a bit about it in this article

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2016/10/31/architects-of-fate/

In the case of those two, I don't think they were intended to be hints at new factions, though some of those concepts may have gone on to inform/inspire later work (e.g. there's traces of Mistweaver in the Idoneth faction)

Mistweaver Saih is an awesome model so I hope so.

We know that High Elves (Light Elves?) are coming in some form at some point. I wouldn't be too surprised if they have a similar aesthetic to Mistweaver, but who knows.

I think the harbingers from Malign Portents are much more solid signs of things to come though.

Yea I think them being independent heroes makes sense, though everyone else were categorized so it seems a bit weird to me that they were the odd ones out.

3 minutes ago, 123lac said:

Mistweaver Saih is an awesome model so I hope so.

We know that High Elves (Light Elves?) are coming in some form at some point. I wouldn't be too surprised if they have a similar aesthetic to Mistweaver, but who knows.

Though it is established shes from Ulgu. In fact many people originally speculated she was part of the Deepkin.

Not sure how a realm of shadow agent would be connected with light elves.

Archived