Destruction win POMPEY PILLAGE

MOMUS

Well..  

I wrote the list as it was my birthday yestetday and knew I'd be out celebrating Friday night,  plus my 12 year old son was supposed to be joining me today.  

So I wanted something I didn't need to think too hard about. Plus he could push around and when stuff died, I could tell him it was good, so he wouldn't get disheartened.  Threw in the Deathbringer, Sword of Justice and double Killing Frenzy combo for lols, so could try and do some epic melees as well.. 

Turned out Taylor wasn't well enough to come today ? so I could play a little harder and the list.. basically runs itself. 

Turns out it's pretty good!

Run at your opponent,  kill, die in return and kill them again or get them to kill themselves.  Once everythingis dead, summon more stuff to kill them. Rinse/repeat. Excellent in the war of attrition that is Aos2

In the game against Tom I couldn't stop the monsters doing enough damage to protect my objectives in the one where they can be burnt. 

Tom won the 1st priority which made it difficult and.. I forgot to deploy 2 units of Blood Warriors.  Only realised at 9PM yesterday I'd played the whole game 200 points down! Don't play hungover if you wanna compete lol. 

It was a close game,  but Tom didn't make any mistakes and played his turns out very thoughtfully.  Part of the skill of AOS is knowing your army and remembering what it does (And what's in it!).  So I totally deserved the loss! I'm still catching myself remembering what I did and laughing..  

Grats @Tom Loyn Dragon meta ******! 

5 hours ago, Ravinsild said:

Did you guys use realm rules and was there any impact positive negative or neutral? 

Realm rules were used.  

Being able to use every spell from a realm for me is way to big a deal (and not just because I was using Khorne).. Other than that they seemed alright 

2 opponents asked to ignore the rules because they hasn't read them or used them yet, which was fine 

1 tournament isn't enough for me to have too strong an opinion either way yet though 

The realms and realmscape features were pre-selected by the TO and announced on the day.  We used

Shyish with Life Leeching - Had very little impact as I only rolled a six once and my opponent not at all.

Aqshy with Clouds of Smoke and Steam - This had the biggest impact as we were both unable to cast spells on the units we wanted to.  Neither of us had much shooting so the impact would have been greater to others.

Ghyran with Lifesprings - Gave Arkhan an extra wound.

Hysh with Dazzling Glow - I don't remember this rule being used more than once although it did lead to a funny moment when a Thundertusk had to flee from some Dire Wolves due to them being -3 to hit (Realm rule combined with Overwhelming dread cast on a 10)

Ulgu with Shadow Realm- Neither us used the realmscape rule. 

As for spells I barely used them as I hadn't got my copy of Malign Sorcery at the time.

Archived