2k Full Fimir/Monsters List?

Gwendar

Hey everyone, been thinking of a fluff/at least somewhat competitive list themed around exclusively Fimir Warriors as Battleline and Using a Dread Maw + Magma Dragon as the big hitters. Currently dabbling around with the below list.

Allegiance: Destruction
Fimirach Noble (140)
- General
Fimirach Noble (140)
6 x Fimir Warriors (280)
6 x Fimir Warriors (280)
3 x Fimir Warriors (140)
Magma Dragon (540)
Dread Maw (460)

Total: 1980 / 2000

I suppose it plays to Destruction's traits of just running up the board asap and slamming things with the Maw and Dragon being large distractions while (hopefully) also pulling their weight.

I considered only having 1 of these and throwing in a wizard + cogs and more fimir instead but unsure. What are your general thoughts on the Magma Dragon and Dread Maw respectively? Again, this isn't something I'm going to be taking along to any big tournament but would definitely be content with how it could perform at a local level.

I had heavily considered it since she seems so amazing on paper. However I'm not a fan of the model at all and I really couldn't think of any conversions/similar proxies to use other than a Troll from the LOTR range or trying to do something with the Blood Bowl Troll.

I tweeted a virtually identical list when the FW update first dropped, great minds think alike!

Personally I was only really including the Dread Maw for cool factor (and because I have one painted). I used it a few times when it was cheaper and better, and it never really pulled it's weight then...I don't really think they're viable at the points personally. 

If you wanted to make the list more competitive, that's where I'd start. 

But they are very, very cool! If you want to run one, I say go for it. 

4 hours ago, kenshin620 said:

If only FW made the darn Fimir Balefiend! Then we can really have a somewhat proper fimir army!

Maybe some day.. But for now, I plan to go all out with them. 

Competitively I would to have a wizard, especially to cast cogs but.. Who needs wizards when you can have more reptilian cyclops, dragons and worms? 

2 minutes ago, PlasticCraic said:

I tweeted a virtually identical list when the FW update first dropped, great minds think alike!

Personally I was only really including the Dread Maw for cool factor (and because I have one painted). I used it a few times when it was cheaper and better, and it never really pulled it's weight then...I don't really think they're viable at the points personally. 

If you wanted to make the list more competitive, that's where I'd start. 

But they are very, very cool! If you want to run one, I say go for it. 

I'm up in the air about it. I had a different list originally using a hag and just the magma dragon, but like I said, I really just don't care for the Hag model at all which is unfortunate since she's so great. I never saw the maws stats previously, and it looks decent now but I can see the points being better spent elsewhere. 

If anything, the cool/terrifying factor of seeing both of those on the table at once is enough to make me go with it. If I could just find a suitable replacement/proxy for the Hag I would go for it. 

I'm working on a similar list but with less firmir and some troggoths and a hag.

I'm planning to add a magma dragon because it seems durable enough to last several rounds of combat, has a very threatening ranged attack that is reliable and does not degrade, and it has enough attacks to reliably get damage through.

The only concern I have is low model count and holding objectives but for a fun list Idk if that matters much.

The whole idea for this was to put focus on the behemoths, however, in regards to competitiveness I imagine that something more along the lines of this would be better:

Fimirach Noble (140)
- General
- Trait: Bellowing Tyrant
- Artefact: Rockeye
Troggoth Hag (380)
Fungoid Cave-Shaman (80)
6 x Fimir Warriors (280)
6 x Fimir Warriors (280)
6 x Fimir Warriors (280)
Magma Dragon (540)

Total: 1980 / 2000

You really need those dispels this edition, and having some more bodies is always useful. You're just really banking on getting the dragon in asap and causing as much damage as possible for the warriors to play cleanup duty. Still, the idea of having a list like PlasticCraic's probably could work out pretty well depending on the army. Getting both the Dragon and Maw in there to disrupt as much as possible would be nice.

Or, you know, just run 2 Dragons. Tom took Pompey Pillage this past weekend using a list with 2 Dragons I believe.

Which, in the case of using primarily Fimir, replace his orruks with them and voila:

Fimirach Noble (140)
- General
- Trait: Bellowing Tyrant

- Artefact: Rockeye
Fungoid Cave-Shaman (80)
Fungoid Cave-Shaman (80)
6 x Fimir Warriors (280)
3 x Fimir Warriors (140)
3 x Fimir Warriors (140)
Magma Dragon (540)
Magma Dragon (540)
Chronomantic Cogs (60)