The Ogors of the Ghur Jungles

TheMadJester

The Ogors of the Ghur Jungles

V1VdQl7.jpg

Hello everyone.

So this is the start of my Aztec themed Ogor army, to be exact i will be using the Beastclaw raiders army book. 

This is going to be my first proper Age of Sigmar army and I wanted something that was unique and didn't require me to slave away on like 20 models for just 100 points. Current aim is to work on my 1000 point army list.

Huskard on Thunderrusk
4 Mournfangs
1 Stonehorn

Only 6 Models! 

• Like 14

Ogor Priest on Beast of the Maw

V1VdQl7.jpg

ETxZ76H.jpg

yObwJXW.jpg

NHSfLz9.jpg

Here is my Ogor Priest on Beast of the Maw, aka my Huskard on Thundertusk.

The idea behind this guy is that rather than riding the usual beasts of the mountains these ogors ride stranger beasts. All my Thundertusks are going to be insects and insect like things. My Stonehorns are going to be large dinos, the one i'm currently working on is 2 ogors riding a carnosaur.

What do you think?

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, TheMadJester said:

The idea behind this guy is that rather than riding the usual beasts of the mountains these ogors ride stranger beasts. All my Thundertusks are going to be insects and insect like things. My Stonehorns are going to be large dinos, the one i'm currently working on is 2 ogors riding a carnosaur.

What do you think?

I love the conversions, but would of thought keeping things just as tyranids for mounts would of worked a bit better than adding in some other stuff. So for stonehorn gone for either the Toxicrene or the Mawloc/Trygon and for Mournfang going with Tyrant Guard, Raveners or Venomthropes.

Would of been cool having all the Tentacles everywhere.

That is my 2c and if you like your Idea stick with it because so far it looks really good, and the colours really look good for the Jungle theme, like the Light green markings on the Shell, maybe look at doing a few more.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Davros said:

I love the conversions, but would of thought keeping things just as tyranids for mounts would of worked a bit better than adding in some other stuff. So for stonehorn gone for either the Toxicrene or the Mawloc/Trygon and for Mournfang going with Tyrant Guard, Raveners or Venomthropes.

That is my 2c and if you like your Idea stick with it because so far it looks really good, and the colours really look good for the Jungle theme, like the Light green markings on the Shell, maybe look at doing a few more.

I’m with Dravos on this... The theme you put is really strong and well done, so I personally would stick with just Nids or Dinosaurs, not both... If you are planning a big expansion of the army in the future then fine, but as you said your goal is to have very few models, and such difference in theme/visuals will be too stricking for such a smaller force...

Having said that, you proved to be a very gifted converter and painter, so if you really like the concept go for it, you will be able to make it look good! ?

cheers

AJ

55 minutes ago, Davros said:

27 minutes ago, Antonio Rodrigues said:

I’m with Dravos on this... The theme you put is really strong and well done, so I personally would stick with just Nids or Dinosaurs, not both... If you are planning a big expansion of the army in the future then fine, but as you said your goal is to have very few models, and such difference in theme/visuals will be too stricking for such a smaller force...

Having said that, you proved to be a very gifted converter and painter, so if you really like the concept go for it, you will be able to make it look good! ?

cheers

AJ

With the incest I only wanted them for thundetusks, the whole rest of the army will be using lizardmen dinos or painting things to make them more jungle like. for mournfangs I'm just using mournfangs. Nothing else quite fits, but I'm painting them up like jungle cats.

For the 1000 point army it might look off that there is a giant bug and a carno, but once the army gets much larger and I have more big creatures the distinction between stonehorn and thundertusk should be clear.

37755959_1113172355497090_3923475538546524160_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=9e46ff4329ecfc5df1a3fa8df406ea0f&oe=5C1379ED

For example this is my Iron blaster, I'm using dinos where I can, the bugs are their just to add to the magical jungle aspect.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, TheMadJester said:

With the incest I only wanted them for thundetusks, the whole rest of the army will be using lizardmen dinos or painting things to make them more jungle like. for mournfangs I'm just using mournfangs. Nothing else quite fits, but I'm painting them up like jungle cats.

For the 1000 point army it might look off that there is a giant bug and a carno, but once the army gets much larger and I have more big creatures the distinction between stonehorn and thundertusk should be clear.

37755959_1113172355497090_3923475538546524160_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=9e46ff4329ecfc5df1a3fa8df406ea0f&oe=5C1379ED

For example this is my Iron blaster, I'm using dinos where I can, the bugs are their just to add to the magical jungle aspect.

My gosh!!!!  This Bastilladon/Ironblaster looks AMAZING!!!!! Perfect concept and execution and a very nice paintjob to complete! The ogor with the mask is awesome!

Ok, I stand corrected! The dinossaur looks very into the theme! This army will Rock, you can pull it off perfectly! 

Congrats sir!  I tip my hat to you!

Cheers

AJ

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later...
On 7/27/2018 at 3:16 PM, TheMadJester said:

Carnosaur Rider

u0LJQ-ajLFq34vVQ-rlrQZmcee4cQ4RN6x8QEtWJgIk.jpg?fit=crop&crop=faces%2Centropy&arh=2&w=640&s=5d6fc4e7f4dd843825e4d98e0df63a95

Currently working on my Stonehorn and it's riders, and by Stonehorn I of course mean a Carnosaur. What do you think?

Any word on that Carnosaur? 😅 (was googling stonehorn scheme's for inspiration and rediscovered this thread) 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Kramer said:

Any word on that Carnosaur? 😅 (was googling stonehorn scheme's for inspiration and rediscovered this thread) 

Hello there,

Sadly not, as always I got very distracted with other projects as I sort of had no one to play AOS with. But i've got back into AOS recently again but i'm working on a completely new army. Root-king dwarfs that I plan to post on here!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TheMadJester said:

Hello there,

Sadly not, as always I got very distracted with other projects as I sort of had no one to play AOS with. But i've got back into AOS recently again but i'm working on a completely new army. Root-king dwarfs that I plan to post on here!

Go for it then. Love me some dwarfs as well :)