AoS 2 - Mixed Destruction Discussion

broche

Finally the tournament's day came. 

I was able to reach the 8th  position on 30, so I was quite happy about that.

I used this list as you guys have suggested:

Mixed Destruction:

Frostlord on Stonehorn (Might is Right, Ethereal Amulet) 420

Frostlord on Stonehorn 420

Fungoid Cave Shaman 90

Troggoth Hag 380

Gitmob Grots Shaman 80

60x Gitmob Grots with Bows 270

10x Greenskinz Orruks with Shields 80

10x  Greenskinz Orruks with Shields 80

Mork's Mighty Mushroom 80

Arachnacauldron 50

• Like 2

I played the first match against Stormcast on Total Commitment Battleplan. (He could not deploy on Azyr)

He put in 3 ballistas, 10 Evocators and 10 Retributors ( etc…)

I was able to charge turn one, with my general his Evocators (6" + 17" movement) killing 7 of them, and shoot with Gitmob Archers his Sequitors.  

It was a massacre. I won 31-2.

Second battle was against FEC with 3 big monsters and two battlelines of 30 and 20 Ghouls.

I opted for a defensive deployment counting on my faithful Mork's Mushroom and Gitmob Archers and try to not engage turn 1 with his scary monsters.

I have to say that FEC at the moment are one of the strongest army but with some lucky choices and some very lucky rolls I managed to draw the match, (thanks to Hand of Gork teleport) winning by destruction points.

Third battle was against DoK.

He put in 70 Which Elves with Slaughter Queen on Cauldron and Morathi. I lost 31 - 16 and he destroyed 1760 of my army points.

So final result was an honest 8th place.

This is the final standing:

1st Slaanesh

2nd FEC

3rd Stormcast

4th DoK

5th Grand Host of Nagash

6th Death

7th Sylvaneth

8th Mixed Destruction.

The best unit of my army, was once again the Gitmob Grots Archers, they are always undervalued from opponents till they shoot the first time.  ☺️

Second place for the Fungoid, but you have to use him with Mork's Mighty Mushroom and the Arachnacauldron (for Hand of Gork and Itchy Nuissance). 

Third place for the scary Frostlord on Stonehorn with ethereal amulet. He will be a huge plague for you opponents. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Submitted my list for Badgacon next weekend, it's an unusual pack with access to all the Realm rules for your chosen Realm (instead of playing in a Realm). 

So you choose to be from a Realm, and that gives you access to the spell lore, Command Ability and artefacts from that Realm (as opposed to just the artefacts).

This is what I went with...I'm expecting a lot of on-meta armies there, so it'll be tough, but I'm hoping to get a couple of wins out of it.

Spoiler

Allegiance: Destruction
Mortal Realm: Hysh

Leaders
Skragrott, The Loonking (220)
- General
Lore of Hysh: Banishment
Troggoth Hag (380)
Lore of Hysh: Vengeful Illumination
Gitmob Grot Shaman (80)
Lore of Hysh: Healing Glow

Battleline
60 x Gitmob Grots (270)
- Bows & Slashas
20 x Gitmob Grots (100)
- Spears & Shields
10 x Orruks (80)
- Choppas & Shields

Behemoths
Magma Dragon (540)

War Machines
Grot Spear Chukka (120)
Grot Spear Chukka (120)

Endless Spells
Scrapskuttle's Arachnacauldron (50)
Geminids of Uhl-Gysh (40)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 150

• Like 1

On 6/3/2019 at 12:21 AM, PlasticCraic said:

Submitted my list for Badgacon next weekend, it's an unusual pack with access to all the Realm rules for your chosen Realm (instead of playing in a Realm). 

So you choose to be from a Realm, and that gives you access to the spell lore, Command Ability and artefacts from that Realm (as opposed to just the artefacts).

This is what I went with...I'm expecting a lot of on-meta armies there, so it'll be tough, but I'm hoping to get a couple of wins out of it.

Reveal hidden contents

Allegiance: Destruction
Mortal Realm: Hysh

Leaders
Skragrott, The Loonking (220)
- General
Lore of Hysh: Banishment
Troggoth Hag (380)
Lore of Hysh: Vengeful Illumination
Gitmob Grot Shaman (80)
Lore of Hysh: Healing Glow

Battleline
60 x Gitmob Grots (270)
- Bows & Slashas
20 x Gitmob Grots (100)
- Spears & Shields
10 x Orruks (80)
- Choppas & Shields

Behemoths
Magma Dragon (540)

War Machines
Grot Spear Chukka (120)
Grot Spear Chukka (120)

Endless Spells
Scrapskuttle's Arachnacauldron (50)
Geminids of Uhl-Gysh (40)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 150

Good luck for the tournament and let us know the result. 

I like your list but in my opinion, maybe you have a lack of damage in the combat phase that usually is the focal point of a Destruction army.  The Magma Dragon is your stronger unit but he has to be used very carefully because his cost is very high and is a little bit fragile for 540 points. (I'd like to see him point dropped or with a save 3+).  If it focused by your opponent it will die turn one. 

You know my love for uncle Frosty and I would prefer him with ethereal amulet or Ignax Scale to tank a little bit more. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DestructionFranz said:

Good luck for the tournament and let us know the result. 

I like your list but in my opinion, maybe you have a lack of damage in the combat phase that usually is the focal point of a Destruction army.  The Magma Dragon is your stronger unit but he has to be used very carefully because his cost is very high and is a little bit fragile for 540 points. (I'd like to see him point dropped or with a save 3+).  If it focused by your opponent it will die turn one. 

You know my love for uncle Frosty and I would prefer him with ethereal amulet or Ignax Scale to tank a little bit more. 

Yeah I don't disagree, it would probably be better with a Frostlord + 3rd spear chukka.  I might even do that for my next event (Lord of War in Melbourne later in June).  I'll be honest, part of the reason I'm using the Magma Dragon is because I own one and want to get more use out of it!

• Haha 1

Sparky does have his upsides.  I usually use the 18" breath attack to smash up their elite units with 2D6 Mortal Wounds, but it's also useful for chipping the last couple of wounds off a support hero if the Spear Chukkas don't quite get there.  And the splash back Mortal Wounds in combat kind of make up for the relatively soft armour save, although those are very expensive wounds you're trading away.

But yeah, overall I think that's a smart suggestion...Frosty rides again!

The lack of focus on the combat phase is deliberate, trying to play around Activation Wars by not engaging with them.  Other than a single heavy hitter which I can support with Itchy Nuisance (via the Arachnacauldron) if needed, most of my output comes from shooting.  The Gitmob Archers will do a bit in combat too at a stretch, but generally my aim is to avoid combat other than devastating one unit at a time with Sparky, tying people up with the Hag and tagging the ends of units with my Battleline.

Whether it works is another matter :-)  Looking forward to finding out.

Edited by PlasticCraic

Yeah it was good thanks @DestructionFranz

The Event

Bit of an unusual pack this one, but very interesting.  Victory Points (for capping objectives) made up a part of your actual tournament score, along with the usual major / minor wins, sports and painting.  So being competitive on the scenario was rewarded.  Also when you choose which Realm you come from, you not only got to choose artefacts from that Realm, but also had access to the Realmscape Command Ability, and your Wizards could choose one spell from that Realm’s Spell Lore instead of their own spell lore (if any).  This opens up quite a few possibilities, and I went with Hysh, mainly for Banishment but also for the ASF Command Ability.  Hysh was a popular pick generally, as was Ulgu for the teleporting.  Obviously if you choose one of those, you are foregoing things like Ethereal – you have to take Shyish if you want that.  So it was a fun list building challenge, and pretty good for Mixed Destruction with some decent spell casters!

My goal was to win Best in GA Destruction, and my competition would most likely be Gloomspite Gits.  There were a couple of them, a couple of BCR (including a Braggoth’s Beast Hammer list), and another Mixed Destro list (with Firestorm).

Day 1

Game 1: Faced off against Mixed Order on Battle for the Pass.  Some popular Mixed Order picks like Endrinriggers, some kind of Dragon in there, as well as some unusual ones like Reavers as Battleline.  Those things have a high volume of zero-rend attacks, so they were pretty good against me with my weak armour saves.  They were moving up, shooting me, and moving away again onto the objectives.  He also had some Duardin artillery.

I deployed with Sparky and the Orcs on my left, the Gitmob Archers on my right, and the Spear Chukkas surrounded by Gitmob on my home objective.  Turn 1 he shot up Sparky and put quite a few wounds on him, and got on the middle objectives.  I retaliated by casting Hand of Gork onto the Troggoth Hag who vomited all over his artillery crew, and I blasted him off one middle objective with the Archers.  Sparky was fighting some of the units on my left objective and then went up the middle to engage the core of his army.  The Orcs just ran onto the right objective and outnumbered the remaining Reavers there.

I got the double and the Hag pumped out Geminids into his backfield – and after that I was well on the front foot.  The Archers were free to step forward and support the Hag as she cleaned his Dragon.  Sparky was having fun against the -1 to hit Endrinriggers.  By turn 3, I was on all 4 Objectives and he was down to a single unit of Reavers – we called it there.  Major Victory and plenty of Victory and Kill Points in the bag.

Game 2: My reward was Hagg Nar on Escalation!  My plan was to put my Magma Dragon, Troggoth Hag and Spear Chukkas down in the middle, to lure my opponent into loading up the centre.  Then because the Magma Dragon is so fast, the Chukkas have such long range, and the Hag can teleport, I would switch away from the centre and apply pressure to both flanks, letting him have the centre, which he would have overcommitted to. 

He did deploy exactly as I wanted him to.  I put 20 Gitmob opposite one flank and put the Hand of Gorked Hag and 60 Gitmob up to the other one, hoping that the 20 Gitmob could hold out for a turn or two against the Khinerai when they came down, in a way the Orcs wouldn’t have been able to.  Holding it for a turn or two would hopefuly give the Spear Chukkas and Skragrott (plus a few chip wounds from the Gitmob themselves) time to knock over the Khinerai, securing me that one.  However that wasn’t to be: the Khinerai both rolled hot with their shooting, both got off their 4+ move, and then rolled hot again in combat.  I was left with only half a dozen Grots there, and as we will see my shooting wasn’t enough to chip him down fast enough to get it back.

In the centre I was obviously up against it.  I knew I was in for a tough game when Sparky rolled a 1 on his first breath attack into the big block of Witch Aelves.  With his second one he only rolled a 4 on 2D6, so at that point I’d rolled a total of 4 on what was hopefully 4D6.  These things happen of course, but I really couldn’t afford for it to happen in this game – you just don’t have that margin of error against an army that is so strong.  I never expected to win that battle in the centre, but it did mean he went through my middle a turn or two quicker than I needed him to, so he was into my Heroes and artillery before they could give me the support fire I needed on the flanks.  So the failure to clinch the left Objective against the Khinerai was essentially a knock on effect of underperforming with Sparky.  There were also a few small things like failing to cast Geminids the whole game at +2, and against these things happen, I just had no wiggle room for them to happen here!

The Hag and Grots did have a strong position on the right Objective because there were only 10 Sisters up there.  By this stage the Grots on that flank had been blown up and he had 30 Sisters in my backfield.  I Banished the Sisters which meant they went over to the side the Hag was on, and got that back, and it had all got away from me by that point.  I am still happy with my approach to this one – I think I had the right strategy in terms of giving myself the best percentage chance of winning, but when you are overmatched like this, you need things to go your way and it just didn’t today.  I think if we had a straight rematch I would probably approach it in a very similar way.  My opponent here went on to win the event, and at least he had the decency to buy me a beer!

A heavy major loss in the end, but looking at the bigger picture for the event: if you’re going to get smashed, it might as well be on a Scenario where there are very few VPs up for grabs anyway.

Game 3: Back down to the mid tables, and a much more manageable one against KO on Starstrike.  My opponent had a huge Arkanaut deathstar and a hero giving them rerolls, as well as some allied Evocators and some Endrin Riggers.  I actually threw Sparky to the dogs in this one: I front lined him to tempt my opponent into doing the same with his Arkanauts.  He duly took first turn and shot off the big fella, but his whole army was in range of retaliation now, and he’d used his only CP on the rerolls.  I cast Hand on the Hag and pumped out Geminids in his backfield.  Between those splash MWs, shooting from the Hag, shooting from Chukkas, shooting from Skragrott and melee from the Hag, I blew up a big chunk of his Arkanauts meaning the rest automatically Battleshocked away.  My Gitmob had shot into his other Battleline.  At that point we’d basically traded a similar number of points, but I was happy with that overall because I was on for the double, and I felt like my Hag was in a good position, I’d got Geminids out and most of his army was in range and on weak armour saves.  Sparky for me is useful but pretty modular – the rest of my army can function fine without him.

My opponent actually won the priority, but Geminids bullied him out of taking it.  I’m not sure I’d have done the same, but forcing those decisions is one of the reasons Geminids are so powerful!  I pretty much blasted him off the board after – he had a unit of 10 Thunderers left and we called it at that point.  Another big win in terms of Victory and Kill Points.

Overall I was happy with how Day 1 went.  Casting Banishment on the Sisters was a mistake in Game 2, but if you’re going to make a clanger, it might as well be in a game that is already lost!  I’d got quite a bit of value out of my 2 wins, so I was in a decent position going into Day 2.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Day 2

Game 4: I drew a pretty strong Nurgle list on Focal Points.  He had 2 blocks of 30x Plague Bearers and 10x Blight Kings, as well as 40x Plague Monks, backed up by Glottkin and a GUO.

Plague Bearers would be a pain due to -2 to hit in shooting and -1 in combat, for a largely shooting army!

He outdrops me, so I was expecting him to go first and set up camp with his 3x immovable objects on the centre objectives, sending off his Plague Monks as a death squad.  That is exactly what happened, with the minor variation being that he was from Ulgu so he backboarded the Monks to teleport them rather than running them forward.

My strategy was to focus everything into one 30x block at a time.  It would be frustrating for a turn or two, but once you start chipping the numbers down, they lose their debuffs and you can smash through them.  I zoned out my backlines with Grots and Orruks and flung everything at one unit, slowly chipping it down.  I was also able to cast Banishment on a second unit (woo hoo!) and nick the centre objective.

Turn 2 I was able to crack the unit I was focussing into, so Sparky was no longer debuffed in combat, and I was able to punch through them.  That freed up the Gitmob to shoot off Glottkin.  On the other hand, he had teleported his Plague Monks into my backfield, and although they could only kill my 20x Grots the Banished Plague Bearers were starting to move back into contention too.  The Blight Kings were smashing through the 60x Archers and we had a game on our hands.

The turning point was getting Geminids out, which switched off his Blight Kings.  I retreated my surviving Archers from that combat (+2 to run is so useful on Grots!) to steal the Objective on that side, and pivoted my Magma Dragon and Troggoth Hag back to the Plague Monks.  They don’t have a whole lot of defence!  By this stage I was way ahead on the scenario and he was only able to hold one Objective with the Plague Monks leaving me the other four.  This was a really interesting game, lots of running and retreating onto Objectives to go with the slaughter, and ended up with a handy amount of VPs from the scenario for me.

Game 5: Went into this one at 3-1 and there were plenty of sharks swimming around in that bracket: FEC, LON all the sort of stuff you’d expect.  I was well aware that Mixed Destruction would be the army that they would all want to be drawn against!  I actually got Legion of Azgorh, which meant we should have a decent game on our hands.  I really enjoy playing against them because they are a combined arms force with both some decent shooting (2x Magma Cannons and the Battleline dudes) and some melee (a big unit of 10x K’Daii, the Pain Train and two Bull Centaur heroes).

The Scenario was Total Commitment (janky deployment zones).  I outdropped him and unlike other games, I wasn’t keen on getting Sparky shot off turn one, because I felt like I would be outgunned if that happened.  His K’Daii and other melee units would most likely mince my army and his artillery is straight better than mine.  You are quite close on this one, so I felt like my best chance would be to go first and remove a lot of his output.

One of his two Objectives was unguarded, with the K’Daii nearby but not on it and ready to run at my Orruks.  So the plan was to Hand of Gork my Hag over there and put out Geminids into the K’Daii, vomit into them and get onto the Objective.  They would have to come back to claim it back, but given that a few would already be dead and they’d be -2 to hit, I’d back her to grind them off.  That means my humble Orruks can hold theirs for the whole game and I would hopefully end up with his in that corner for most of it too.  Meanwhile I aimed to hit up his Magma Cannons and Pain Train with the Magma Dragon (they were deployed prominently to be in range) and pump the Breath attacks into the one large 30x Battleline unit he had.  By shooting them up too with my Grots and artillery, I could pop them or at least cripple them.  Flinging my Magma Dragon forward was of course risky, but he wasn’t debuffed at all and if I just sat him back, he’d get zapped by the shooting anyway, and I’d lose the opportunity to steal a march on him.

It started well by getting Arachnacauldron off, then I rolled a 9 for Hand of Gork (being an 11 at +2 to cast).  My opponent unbound it on a 12.  I honestly think I would have won the game if that didn’t happen, because of the impact the Hag in that far corner would have on the whole shape of the scenario…but it did happen!  There was no point in sitting back and getting shot off, a good round of shooting and combat could still decimate him and get me back in the game.  Shooting went pretty poorly (had also failed Sneaky Stabbing) but I was still able to bludgeon through a good number of his troops.  I needed Sparky to roll well and blow up the Magma Cannon and Pain Train, but he whiffed.  I did get the Magma Cannon but did literally nothing to the Pain Train with my rend -3 attacks and from that point on I was kinda sunk.  He did 10 damage with the Pain Train’s attacks then shot me off, so I was really trying to bob and weave as many Victory Points from Objectives, and Kill Points, as I could to boost my overall finish.  

I was able to score quite a few Objective points regardless, by tying him up with my Battleline units away from Objectives, but once he’d gotten through my army he capped them all back for 2 VPs each and he did it early enough to overtake me.  As well as stalling him away from the Objectives, I was concentrating on killing his Heroes and finishing off the big block of shooters for max Kill Points.  Reasonably close in the end but he did get there and I finished up with a Major Loss.

For this game in particular, I’m very open to suggestions about how other people would have approached it?  I could definitely have won the game in this manner if things had gone my way, but I’m also conscious that “Rush him and hope you don’t roll bad” is a gameplan that is risky by nature!  I’m sure there would be alternative approaches I could have taken, but I’m just not sure what they are currently.  All ideas are welcome!

Wrap Up

I finished 8th overall and picked up the medal for Best Destruction, which I was very pleased with!  Especially since there was some good competition from Gloomspite – maximising the Objectives in my wins, and playing to steal as many as I could in defeat in that last game, got me the edge I needed.

I really enjoy using this army and the Magma Dragon definitely draws people’s attention, both during and in between games!

My MVP over the event was Geminids, best 40 points you can spend.  Probably the best unit available to Destruction in my opinion, it’s nice to have access to something that isn’t worse and more expensive than what other GAs get. 

Second best unit in the army was Gitmob Archers, they are crazy good for 270 points.  There were a couple of times when they got blown up in one go, but more times when their output exponentially exceeded what I was hoping for. 

Troggoth Hag did really well, Skraggy was decent if not amazing for his points, minimum Battleline were minimum Battleline.  Artillery was swingy and fragile as you’d expect, but they do freak your opponents out and I liked them overall.

The Magma Dragon I’m not sure about.  He probably owes me a bit in the sense that he generally did pretty poorly in combat.  His breath attack is consistently useful, because most opponents will have a centrepiece 30-block of infantry that they really don’t want to have 2D6 mortal wounds pumped into, and he is fast.  Overall I felt like he was good, but not quite 540 points good. 

I have another GT in 2 weeks (Lord of War in Melbourne, ran by the Dwellers Below) and I’ll definitely be running a similar army.  I’m currently weighing up the following options: 

Sparky + 2 Spear Chukkas

Or

Frosty + 3 Spear Chukkas

I'm currently leaning Sparky, partly because I want to give him another chance, and partly because the pack favours him (spread out Battleplans and no Heros cap mission).  Thoughts and opinions welcome!

• Like 2

@PlasticCraic

First of all, congratulations for the battle reports, they were very enjoyable. I was really involved during the reading. Moreover a huge pat on the shoulder for the result!8th place is a great  goal for our lovely army. 

This confirms my thoughts, at the moment the only way to be competitive with any Destruction army is to run a mix between our best units. (And this is quite obvious) 🤓🙃🤓🙃

As you wrote, at the moment any Destruction army has to start from putting in:

1) Gitmob Grots Archers + Gitmob Shaman

2) Orruks to fulfill the battlelines. (using waaaagh shields and possibly putting them on cover to have a 4+ rerollable save).

3) a Gloomspite Gitz Wizard with Arachnacauldron for hand of Gork + some useful Endless Spells (Geminids Mork's Mighty Mushroom etc) 

4) one or more two Behemoths. (I prefer the Frostlord)

5) something to be teleported (With Gloomspite Gitz Keyword). 

If you ask for suggestions I would take out Skraggy due to his high cost. He's so expensive because he can control the Gloomspite Gitz Moon. I would substitute him with 2 Fungoids. (Lots of useful Command Points plus GG spells). 

• Like 3

@DestructionFranz thanks for your kind words and feedback!

Skragrott vs Double Fungoid is an interesting debate.  If Skragrott is undercosted (which I think he might be), then he could theoretically be an efficient choice even if you're not using every aspect of his warscroll.

I think there are a few things to consider:

1) It's 2 casts and 2 unbinds in total either way, but Fungoids can cast an extra spell for one turn.  This is important because you will often want to do the combo of cast Archnacauldron + cast Hand of Gork on the same turn, and you obviously don't have access to Hand until after you have cast the cauldron.  So the extra spell for one turn keeps that combo alive.

Under any pack where you have access to Realm spells, this turn with the extra cast can be huge. 

Preference: Double Fungoid 

2) Skragrott has +1 to cast and +1 to unbind native.  So you are getting 2 spells and 2 unbinds at +2 each with Skragrott, making the Cauldron exponentially more useful and giving you a true power caster.

Preference: Skraggrot

3) The flipside of not being concentrated: If one Fungoid dies, you still have one left; also Fungoids can spread out and pressure different areas of the board.  Again this is more useful if you have access to Realm spells, or multiple Endless Spells in your list, so the Fungoids have a purpose.

4) Skragrott's hand cannon is a decent bit of shooting, with long range and ongoing bleed out.

5) Skragrott's warscroll spell is excellent, especially casting at +2 from the cauldron (+3 if you can get Arcane).

6) Command Points: I think that mathematically, the average is the same?  But with Fungoids you are rolling more dice for fewer CPs each time, so the curve is flatter: you are more likely to get at least one in earlier turns, when you need them more.  Fungoid wins here.

7) Cost: Double Fungoid is 40 points cheaper, so you get something like Pendulum for "free", or even Balewind Vortex to make his warscroll spell better.

So I think both options have their strengths and weaknesses...it maybe comes down to dealer's choice?  You could maybe lean more to Double Fungoid if you have a pack using Realm Spells, more to Skragrott if there are no Realm Spells (since Fungoid's warscroll spell is weaker).

Just to complicate things further...you could also put the Webspinner on Arachnarok in the mix, for his buffed casting!  But you probably need at least one Fungoid in there alongside him too, for CP generation.

Edited by PlasticCraic
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, PlasticCraic said:

How about you @DestructionFranz - do you have any events coming up?

How is  your list looking?

I'm having a two days tournament on the 28th  of June. At that time I think GHB '19  will be used. My hope is to put in more models. 😋

At the moment my list is :

Frostlord on Stonehorn 420 (Ethereal Amulet + Might is right)

Frostlord on Stonehorn 420

Fungoid Cave Shaman 90

Gitmob Grot Shaman 80

60 X Gitmob Grots with bows 270

10 X Orruks 80

10x Orruks 80

Mork's Mighty Mushroom 80

Arachnacauldron 50

I've got 430 points more to spend.

The 3 options are:

1. Hag Queen 380 + 1 Command Point wounds :16 + D6 every battle round tot:2000 (more magic, more resilience)

1. 20xStabbas 130 + 6x Fanatics 280 (putting out 10 orruks) + Geminids 40 + 1 Command Point tot:1990 Wounds 26.  (more destructive power, more objective control, charge at 6+ after "Hand of Gork", attack priority during combat phase)

1. 15x Boingrot Bounderz 300 + Fungoid Cave Shaman 90 + Geminids 40 (more resilience, good destructive power,  more speed (flying ability), magic, more command points during the battle)

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Rangeltoft said:

No cost change for any destruction FW monsters.

also, no Gitmobs anymore except for Gitboss and Gitboss on Wolf Chariot in the "legacy list".

Thanks for the informations.

It's a pity because I would like to buy more Forgeworld models, but maybe some of them deserve a price reduction in the game. 

No Gitmob means that I cannot use Gitmob Grots anymore? Or just they don't sell them anymore but they can be used? 

Just now, DestructionFranz said:

Thanks for the informations.

It's a pity because I would like to buy more Forgeworld models, but maybe some of them deserve a price reduction in the game. 

No Gitmob means that I cannot use Gitmob Grots anymore? Or just they don't sell them anymore but they can be used? 

No idea, but they are not even mentioned in the GHB (except for Gitboss), while regular greenskinz are (even got a change on the chariot if i recall correctly).

Yep, it will be a massive blow to Mixed Destruction if Gitmob are no longer Battleline.

It's also very disappointing that Ardboyz didn't get made into Battleline, it just makes no sense at all when you look at what other GAs get.

The only thing that might happen is that they could be included in a Compendium pdf download  (maybe when the FAQ drops), but even then I am not aware of any Compendium units that have Battleline status.

Another very bad GH for Mixed Destruction I think, it really feels quite vindictive that they've kicked a GA that is already down.

Edited by PlasticCraic

4 hours ago, DestructionFranz said:

I definitely wouldn't advise anyone to buy Forgeworld models, unless they are the ones with a useful keyword (Gloomspite, Aleguzzler etc).

I've bought things like a Magma Dragon and Dread Maw in good faith, and now it looks like GW are proactively destroying the only army that they can be fielded in.

12 hours ago, PlasticCraic said:

Yep, it will be a massive blow to Mixed Destruction if Gitmob are no longer Battleline.

It's also very disappointing that Ardboyz didn't get made into Battleline, it just makes no sense at all when you look at what other GAs get.

The only thing that might happen is that they could be included in a Compendium pdf download  (maybe when the FAQ drops), but even then I am not aware of any Compendium units that have Battleline status.

Another very bad GH for Mixed Destruction I think, it really feels quite vindictive that they've kicked a GA that is already down.

I hope that Gitmob Grots will keep they status of battleline, otherwise I won't play mixed Destruction anymore. 😞

• Sad 1

12 hours ago, PlasticCraic said:

I definitely wouldn't advise anyone to buy Forgeworld models, unless they are the ones with a useful keyword (Gloomspite, Aleguzzler etc).

I've bought things like a Magma Dragon and Dread Maw in good faith, and now it looks like GW are proactively destroying the only army that they can be fielded in.

I like so much Destruction Forgeworld Models. They are amazing in my opinion, so I bought some of them just because how they look.  I hope that  sooner or later they will be merged in just one army. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, PlasticCraic said:

It´s not that they are no longer Battleline, they are not even mentioned at all. So unless its like it were in 40k and you can use the old points from the last valid battle profile, then you can´t no longer use them.

Some compendium units have a battle profile in the GHB , Tomg Kings, Bretonians, Overtyrant etc.