Thoughts about SE Lord Commander

kor

Hey all, first post here.

I'm an avid fan and collector of Stormcasts and was wondering what were people's thoughts concerning the elusive Lord Commander.

From what I understand its the highest rank in a stormhost, above the individual chamber Lord Celestants. I also remember reading somewhere that the position of Lord Commander is vacant as-of current events and that Sigmar will select the most suitable of his existing LC to be promoted to Commanders, not sure if this is cannon or someone's idea from another forum.

In any case, I imagine them as individually named models (and of course lore-wise characters) in the same vain of Forge World named Horus Heresy character series.

I want them to be different from each other, some riding mounts of various kinds, others on foot. Some may have sword and shield or other weapon options. And they should totally be beasts in terms of game stats.

So what you guys think ? Will we see the Lord Commanders in the future ? and if so, what shape will they take ?

In all likelyhood, they are going to be our primarch stand-ins. There were a couple I thought were shoe-ins, but now there's largely one candidate. Vandus is undoubtably going to be our first Lord-Commander. Nothing else makes sense, unless GW would rather invent one out of whole cloth.

The earliest we can expect them is in the aftermath of the Realmgate Wars. Possibly by the time the campaign fallout is resolved. I'm hoping GW is saving this for something awesome though. I expect Vandus becoming Lord-Commander will be similar in impact to Horus becoming Warmaster. Though with less betrayal, I hope. They should become individual characters, either through forgeworld or GW proper. After all, there is only one for each entire host. They're much rarer than any other Stormcast save the Celestant-Prime himself.

4 hours ago, Darth Alec said:

They should become individual characters, either through forgeworld or GW proper. After all, there is only one for each entire host. They're much rarer than any other Stormcast save the Celestant-Prime himself.

And the prime model is duuuumb. I cannot tell these two models apart:

99120218001_CelestantPrime01.jpg

Gi9068414.jpg

To clarify, the only solid info on the Lord Commander appears in the attached image, from the SE battletome, along with half a sentence about them being in charge of whole stormhosts. The rest is guess-work and maybe some tidbits from almost year old White Dwarf issues.

111.png

16 hours ago, Turragor said:

Personally waiting with bated breath for Sacrosanct (wizards?), Ruination (artillery?) and Auxiliary (cool humans in stormcast light armour?) chambers!

Sacrosanct being wizards would be awesome, planning to run a Free Peoples Battlemage once I've built up to a bigger army, but surely GW will release a Stormcast specific wizard at some point (it'd make sense if they're to get their own spell lores along with everything else in the Allegiances book, which I'm hoping to be the case :D ). 

2 minutes ago, tjgreenway said:

Sacrosanct being wizards would be awesome, planning to run a Free Peoples Battlemage once I've built up to a bigger army, but surely GW will release a Stormcast specific wizard at some point (it'd make sense if they're to get their own spell lores along with everything else in the Allegiances book, which I'm hoping to be the case :D ). 

Definitely, I run a battelmage and if SC had their allegiance rules out I'd be forced to choose order allegiance only OR a wizard and I'm positive they'd not force that choice on you.

Archived