Pitched Battles Artefact Question

Soup Dragon

Question

In the Generals Handbook Pitched Battles section regarding artefacts, it is quite clear that each individual hero can have only one artefact. However, it is quite easy to take 2 artefacts (just take a battalion). I cannot find anywhere that says you have to take different artefacts for each hero, so can you take the same artefact on each eligible hero? 

I have had a long day at work, so it may be that I'm just tired and just missed it, in which case please point me at the relevant paragraph. Otherwise do we assume we can take several copies of the same artefact?

9 answers to this question

It's not written but it feels like some might be intended to be unique. However it's also pretty ambiguous in places. Enough that they would probably need to specify only one of each artefact.

If my opponent was taking formations and stacking Phoenix Stones I'd have no complaint. It's pretty costly.

so you could continue to read on, and take a look at the third paragraph that says "You can choose one additional heroto have an arefact for each warscroll battalion you include in your army" Which means potentially you can take a whole lot of artifacts.

Archived