plaguetouched warband - NEED HELP

MeSmashDaNoobs

So i've tried to make a warband that doesn't suffer to much from the "nurgle number of 7" rule in this list when paying points for them and i seem to be a little bit off in the brain when it comes to organising a proper list.

i am really fond of the -1 hit and the excessive mortal wounds doesnt hurt either.

so what i need is:

Help constructing a plaguetouched warband with Chaos Warriors or Marauders (whatever seems best fitting)

if anyone has a great list with a combination of

Glottkin / Plaguetouched Warband / Mark of Nurgle / Sayl to help buff your units seems utterly insane,  would love too see lists including them.

• glottkin -1 to hit + 1 attack per weapon command ability
  • warband -1 to hit + mortal wound from leaders and mortal wound on 6's to wound
  • Chaos Warriors or Marauders getting 1 more wound per model until next hero phase from glottkin
  • buffing your marauders or Chaos Warriors to give them 3+ save (re rollable 1's)
  • Teleport them right infront of someones face and go bananas with sayl.

Help a fellow nurgle brother out!

Just to be clear: I'm looking for a more of a Slaves to Darkness themed list with this Warband.

What i need from you: Construct a list and point out do's and dont's and other ideas involving this Warband.

would really appreciate the help.

USw7u6j.png

I don’t think it’s worth it to use units that are a multiple of 7. Just take the bodies you pay for and forget that ability. 

Also just a reminder that with the new FAQ, your allegiance must be everchosen or grand alliance chaos if you want to use that battalion, so no nurgle spells, no slaves to darkness relics, etc.

Personally, I’ve gravitated away from it for the latter reason

3 hours ago, Luke1705 said:

I don’t think it’s worth it to use units that are a multiple of 7. Just take the bodies you pay for and forget that ability. 

Also just a reminder that with the new FAQ, your allegiance must be everchosen or grand alliance chaos if you want to use that battalion, so no nurgle spells, no slaves to darkness relics, etc.

Personally, I’ve gravitated away from it for the latter reason

Can't even be chaos right? Like it's almost if not completely impossible to use it now

Actually I keep going back and forth because you can be Grand Allegiance: Chaos. It’s in the FAQ.

What you gain by having a plaguetouched warband:

1) -1 to hit in combat for everyone

2) a one drop army

3) an extra artifact

What you gain by NOT having a plaguetouched warband:

1) listbuilding flexibility

2) 160 points

3) psychic powers of nurgle

4) nurgle artifacts

I’m inclined to think that the latter is better except maybe at the very highest levels of competition where one drops matter more, but it’s really a tough call

8 hours ago, sorokyl said:

Can't even be chaos right? Like it's almost if not completely impossible to use it now

It's not impossible...

As @Luke1705 already said, you can use it with Everchosen or GA:Chaos allegiance.

Here is the text from the Designer's Commentary as a reminder:

Q: The rules say that a warscroll battalion can include allies and that they don’t count against the number of allies in the army. Does this rule only apply to battalions that share the same allegiance as the army, but that have units from two different factions (a battalion in a Daughters of Khaine army that has Daughters of Khaine and Stormcast Eternals units, for example)?

A: Yes. The faction a warscroll battalion belongs to is shown on its warscroll, above the title of the battalion. In addition, the battalion is assumed to belong to the Grand Alliance that its faction is a part of. Warscroll battalions that share the same allegiance as an army can always be taken as part of the army, and if they include any allied units, these units do not count against the limits on the number of allies the army can have (or against the points limit that can be spent on allies in a Pitched Battle). An army can include a warscroll battalion of a different allegiance to the rest of the army, but if it does so the units in it do count against the limits on the number of allies the army can have (and the points for the battalion and the units in it count against the points

Archived