AoS 2 - Daughters of Khaine Discussion

Chris Tomlin

On 6/24/2021 at 1:04 PM, drkrash said:

I had one game in which the Viper was solid as a hero killer and blocker and 2 other games where it attacked my aelves.  I still like it.  No question that it's value improved immensely in 3.0.

Thanks. It seems the blood sneak is so to speak a very double-edged sword. interestingly I still see it in a lot of tourney lists with Morathi though. Guess I will give it a try.

Actually I had 120pts left 😃 so I will use it for Viper + Heart of Fury. Less bodies but hopefully some troublemakers for my opponents 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hi everybody,

trying to build a competitive Morathi list, I reached this result:

Core Battalion: Hunters of the Heartlands

Core Battalion: Warlord

Bloodwrack Medusa: 0. Mistress of Illusion, 0. Whisperdeath, General, Warlord Battalion

Hag Queen: Warlord Battalion

Morathi-Khaine: Warlord Battalion

The Shadow Queen: Warlord Battalion

Blood Sisters: 10 Blood Sisters, Hunters of the Heartlands Battalion

Blood Stalkers: 10 Blood Stalkers, Hunters of the Heartlands Battalion

Sisters of Slaughter: 20 Sisters of Slaughter, Hornblower, Hunters of the Heartlands Battalion, Sacrificial Knife, Standard Bearer

Khainite Shadowstalkers: 9 Khainite Shadowstalkers, Warlord Battalion

Allegiance: Daughters of Khaine: Khailebron

Grand Strategy: Prized Sorcery

Realm of Battle: Battle: Ghur

Triumphs: Indomitable

I think is a good list, but  I'm not sure about prayers, spells and artefacts (good sinergies and these stuff). Thoughts, opinions?

Thank you for your feedback.

On 7/23/2021 at 11:07 AM, kurtces said:

Hi everybody,

trying to build a competitive Morathi list, I reached this result:

Core Battalion: Hunters of the Heartlands

Core Battalion: Warlord

Bloodwrack Medusa: 0. Mistress of Illusion, 0. Whisperdeath, General, Warlord Battalion

Morathi-Khaine: Warlord Battalion

The Shadow Queen: Warlord Battalion

Blood Sisters: 10 Blood Sisters, Hunters of the Heartlands Battalion

Blood Stalkers: 10 Blood Stalkers, Hunters of the Heartlands Battalion

Sisters of Slaughter: 20 Sisters of Slaughter, Hornblower, Hunters of the Heartlands Battalion, Sacrificial Knife, Standard Bearer

Khainite Shadowstalkers: 9 Khainite Shadowstalkers, Warlord Battalion

Allegiance: Daughters of Khaine: Khailebron

Grand Strategy: Prized Sorcery

Realm of Battle: Battle: Ghur

Triumphs: Indomitable

I think is a good list, but  I'm not sure about prayers, spells and artefacts (good sinergies and these stuff). Thoughts, opinions?

Thank you for your feedback.

Stalkers and Morathi are always a good combo.

For Prayers in Hag Narr i would go for Blessing of Khaine and Sacrament

• 2 weeks later...

I've got another doubt with 1500 competitive lists. I'm trying to include Morathi in it, but I don't know how can I do it.

My list is Morathi, bloodwrack, melusai, 10 bloodsisters, 5 blood sisters, 5 blood stalkers and 5 hearthrenders.

That's 1590 points.

Do you know it's competitive? What can I do to fit them in this 1500 points?

Thank you.

5 hours ago, kurtces said:

I've got another doubt with 1500 competitive lists. I'm trying to include Morathi in it, but I don't know how can I do it.

My list is Morathi, bloodwrack, melusai, 10 bloodsisters, 5 blood sisters, 5 blood stalkers and 5 hearthrenders.

That's 1590 points.

Do you know it's competitive? What can I do to fit them in this 1500 points?

Thank you.

I believe if you run it as Khelt Nar, you can drop the Heartrenders and simply get them for free with the command trait. 

Generally, for maximum competitive you want to emphasize Bloodstalkers with Morathi.  That said, given the relative power of DoK and Morathi your list will likely be strong regardless. 

3 hours ago, KrispyXIV said:

I believe if you run it as Khelt Nar, you can drop the Heartrenders and simply get them for free with the command trait. 

Generally, for maximum competitive you want to emphasize Bloodstalkers with Morathi.  That said, given the relative power of DoK and Morathi your list will likely be strong regardless. 

Thanks for your feedback.

Yes, I guess this is the best option to fit them in the points limit... I wanted to have 2 units of hearthrenders buy you can't have everything...

In this point, I'm worried about the number of units, 4 if you count on the summoned hearthrenders. Would you divide the big blood sisters unit?

Thanks.