Let's Chat Sylvaneth

scrubyandwells

21 minutes ago, Nico said:

Assuming that hordes are a thing - a cheaper Dreadwood list where you YOLO in Drycha and Alarielle with Shield of Thorns and Mystic Shield could work well. Drop the Kurnoths entirely and Spam bodies elsewhere with a Waywatcher and Venator to snipe.

Interesting...something like this?

• Alarielle
  • Drycha
  • Waywatcher
  • Venator
  • 5 Spite-Revenants
  • 5 Spite-Revenants
  • 5 Spite-Revenants
  • 5 Spite-Revenants
  • 10 Dryads
  • 20 Glade Guard
  • Dreadwood
  • Outcasts

1970/2000

That looks pretty rough on paper...

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Nico said:

Assuming that hordes are a thing - a cheaper Dreadwood list where you YOLO in Drycha and Alarielle with Shield of Thorns and Mystic Shield could work well. Drop the Kurnoths entirely and Spam bodies elsewhere with a Waywatcher and Venator to snipe.

The thing about t he hunters is that while maybe not much more effective than say a TL you can still put 6 or 9 in a unit and use the teleport ability. Nothing we have can pack that much punch in a single unit to teleport and activate. A well teleportered Drycha might take out a key block of troops ofc and then do damage in melee but it would depend on the opponents army whether that would be effective enough. Btw teleporting hunters and letting Drycha move with Alarielle if you get 2 abilities on dreadwood probably increases the alpha strike if you take em all.

3 hours ago, scrubyandwells said:

Interesting...something like this?

• Alarielle
  • Drycha
  • Waywatcher
  • Venator
  • 5 Spite-Revenants
  • 5 Spite-Revenants
  • 5 Spite-Revenants
  • 5 Spite-Revenants
  • 10 Dryads
  • 20 Glade Guard
  • Dreadwood
  • Outcasts

1970/2000

That looks pretty rough on paper...

Wouldnt keeping 6 scythes and dropping the shooting be very nasty too? If Drycha can move 18 she might get a decent shot at the front line where big blocks often get deployed, also a good charge chance for melee then. It does mean that after the alpha strike you don't have much trivks anymore.. Except alarielle healing all the alpha strike units ofc. But the damage out put should be considerable if you roll 2 abilities. If you roll 1 you still have the regular strike a drycha will either be there next turn (giving more targets to defend from)or defend home objective.

Blacktalon's abilities showed up on reddit, may or may not be true. I figured I'd crunch the numbers anyway as we're all going to be wondering if she'd make a good ally choice.

• Move 6"
  • Wounds 5
  • Bravery 8
  • Save 3+
  • Whirlwind Axes 1"/A7/3+/3+/-1/1
  • Heavy Boltstorm Pistol 9"/A4/3+/3+/-/1
  • Damage of her attacks is raised by 1 if she targets a Hero; can tag along another unit for a free move.
  • 120 pts

I have no idea what that movement thing means. PPEW of 8/12/16/24 is pretty bad but pretty typical for a hero. WDR is .0346/.0691 vs non heroes and vs heroes respectively. Not exciting, especially considering she is a foot slogger and enemies can probably keep their heroes away from her. That "free move" thing might make her worthwhile though, tough to say.

9 hours ago, Nico said:

Dreadwood is at a handicap if you don't get first turn. I'd be wary about using any allies with that style of list since you lose the ability to single drop. 

Deargod. So many changes. @Nico

Q: If an ability or spell allows a model to be set up elsewhere on the battlefield, and the model is originally within 3" of an enemy, does it count as having retreated?

A: No, unless specifically stated otherwise

There's your teleporting hunter shots. 

OMG Flitterfuries no longer attack Drycha! 

SYLVANETH Page 133 – Drycha Hamadreth, Colony of Flitterfuries Change the second sentence to: ‘When she attacks with her Colony of Flitterfuries, roll 10 dice for each enemy unit within in the range shown on the damage table.’

Also, no stacking stomps :(

Pages 134, 135 and 136 – Spirit of Durthu, Treelord Ancient and Treelord, Groundshaking Stomp Change the first sentence to: ‘At the start of the combat phase, roll a dice for each enemy unit within 3" of any models with this ability.’

Also, this passage suggests that Citadel woods do block movement, or at least eat up a decent portion of that movement, as the length up and then down a tree is ~10" or so.

Q: Are models/units allowed to ‘climb up’ trees on the Citadel Wood bases?
A: Yes. For simplicity and ease of play, models are allowed to climb up and down any type of scenery 

4 minutes ago, Mirage8112 said:

Pages 134, 135 and 136 – Spirit of Durthu, Treelord Ancient and Treelord, Groundshaking Stomp Change the first sentence to: ‘At the start of the combat phase, roll a dice for each enemy unit within 3" of any models with this ability.’

why? if i have a tla and durthu and near them there are enemies(withinj 3") why i can't double stomp?

8 minutes ago, Mirage8112 said:

OMG Flitterfuries no longer attack Drycha! 

SYLVANETH Page 133 – Drycha Hamadreth, Colony of Flitterfuries Change the second sentence to: ‘When she attacks with her Colony of Flitterfuries, roll 10 dice for each enemy unit within in the range shown on the damage table.’

Also, this passage suggests that Citadel woods do block movement, or at least eat up a decent portion of that movement, as the length up and then down a tree is ~10" or so.

Q: Are models/units allowed to ‘climb up’ trees on the Citadel Wood bases?
A: Yes. For simplicity and ease of play, models are allowed to climb up and down any type of scenery 

Did other abilities (say.. bloodsecrators, Khemists) also got nerved like the stomp?

Where can we find these changes btw? I still have to wait a day before I get my book...

3 minutes ago, Mirage8112 said:

yes. Both can only add 1 attack to a unit per hero phase now.

AWESOME (and a good trade). But these things are all individual changes to those specific rules? No allround "rule of 1" that say all abilties only count once?

they look to be specific changes, but there are a lot of them.

For example, the stonehorn now halves the damage of individual weapons (i.e. swords become damage 1 vs damage 2) but no longer halves total damage received. (i.e. you no longer put the damage in a "pool" and divide by 2). Which means damage 1 units like dryads do their full damage with no reduction. 

Just now, Mirage8112 said:

they look to be specific changes, but there are a lot of them.

For example, the stonehorn now halves the damage of individual weapons (i.e. swords become damage 1 vs damage 2) but no longer halves total damage received. (i.e. you no longer put the damage in a "pool" and divide by 2). Which means damage 1 units like dryads do their full damage with no reduction. 

Ow that really helps (well.. it wouuld if I had a beastclaw opponent).

So I saw the link to the order FAQ in the WE topic.. but it's not on the GW site? Is it some sort of leak?

So.. the compendium wood elf banner bearer now has a better ability... but they also lost the wanderer keyword. (also they lost all their command abilities it seems, Orion now is an avatar of the hunt). Waywatchers as a unit now are also a thing of the past except in order armies. I just knew this would happen as I said above... sadly it invalidates a few of my options.

Archived