Core Rules Booklet for free (for some people)

Not seen this posted here, but thought it was relevant.

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Age-of-Sigmar-Update-Booklet?_requestid=654432

Basically if you've purchased one of the "Starter Sets" for AoS (including the smaller Thunder and Blood style sets), from the 12th May in a GW store, you'll be entitled to a free copy of the Core Rules Booklet.  A nice little bonus if you've done that.  

That's good to know. A friend of mine is picking up the original starter box for my son, purely because I think it's an easier starting point for a 7 year old (he enjoyed painting a Liberator). We'll eventually expand to Soul Wars, so to get the updated rules book is quite a nice little bonus!

It's not the core book but a booklet containing:

" the Age of Sigmar Update Booklet, which will contain updated rules for all of the miniatures contained in the Age of Sigmar Starter Sets. "

What might be interesting to know is, if this includes warscrolls etc, is this referring only to a printed version of the rules? Unless the rules for the minis (I read this as warscrolls) are free, no?

16 minutes ago, syph0n said:

That's good to know. A friend of mine is picking up the original starter box for my son, purely because I think it's an easier starting point for a 7 year old (he enjoyed painting a Liberator). We'll eventually expand to Soul Wars, so to get the updated rules book is quite a nice little bonus!

From the read of it, there should be a voucher - so might need to prompt the staff if he doesn't get one :)

13 minutes ago, Turragor said:

It's not the core book but a booklet containing:

" the Age of Sigmar Update Booklet, which will contain updated rules for all of the miniatures contained in the Age of Sigmar Starter Sets. "

What might be interesting to know is, if this includes warscrolls etc, is this referring only to a printed version of the rules? Unless the rules for the minis (I read this as warscrolls) are free, no?

GW have confirmed that the warscrolls will continue to be freely available.  However the update booklet implies that it'll contain the rules, plus warscrolls for the starter sets (so Khorne + Stormcast).  I would imagine they'll be printed rather than cards (but who knows!)

27 minutes ago, RuneBrush said:

From the read of it, there should be a voucher - so might need to prompt the staff if he doesn't get one :)

GW have confirmed that the warscrolls will continue to be freely available.  However the update booklet implies that it'll contain the rules, plus warscrolls for the starter sets (so Khorne + Stormcast).  I would imagine they'll be printed rather than cards (but who knows!)

Aye - I've dropped him a message! 

Archived