Nighthaunt Basing Suggestions

ClockworkGeo91

Hey all - so obviously I am going to have to pick up the Soul Wars set, considering how awesome Nighthaunt look.

However I have never played Death before and was wondering if people could suggest some decent basing ideas for death armies/Nighthaunt? Thanks in advance.

16 minutes ago, AlphaKennyThing said:

Eshin Grey rim, Astrogranite texture paint, wash Drakenhof Nightshade, drybrush Longbeard Grey.

It is very quick, and looks great. 

20180206_210023.jpg.067411b0734a18c84525df6dba9fe046.jpg20180206_205943.jpg.cd4654510f22989e08f7e7acb96cdfe7.jpg

Looks awesome, thanks for sharing. I think I will go with something similar but maybe use Stirland Battlemire as a starting point

For AoS I’ve switched over to doing a swamp or dead marsh theme.  It’s time consuming but looks unique.

Process

1. Scoring the base.  Helps with wood glue sticking to it.
  2. 1st structure layer: Brushing wood glue in a pattern and applying medium ballist.
  3. 2nd structure layer: Brushing a wood glue/brown acrylic mixture on the ballist and applying sand.
  4. Base Ground coat: Using the mixture again on the watery part to cover up blade marks. Using a watered down mixture on all elevated parts.
  5. Base Water coat: Brushing a watered down dark blue/green acrylic on the lowest elevation
  6. Layer Water coat: Brushing a watered down medium blue/Green acrylic
  7.  Brushing the water with a gloss after sealing the model with a flat coat.
  8. Glue a skull on unit leader bases.

I’m considering applying static grass in a few sparse places and/or clumps of reeds.

Archived