Let's chat Stormcast Eternals

Requizen

51 minutes ago, Waizer said:

So my first question is does the bonus of staunch defender carry on and still affect the rerolled save? So in the reroll phase is anything 2+ still successful?

Yes

Also if I take a mirrorshield does that replace the sigmarite thundershield?

No, dual wielding shields powaaaa

defenseur-a-double-bouclier-yu-gi-oh-car

And bit of a lore question finally, do the hammers of sigmar use stardrakes? Cheers

They have plenty, probably more than other chambers.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So my first question is does the bonus of staunch defender carry on and still affect the rerolled save? So in the reroll phase is anything 2+ still successful?

Also if I take a mirrorshield does that replace the sigmarite thundershield?

And bit of a lore question finally, do the hammers of sigmar use stardrakes? Cheers

Staunch Defender would mean rerolls are successful on a 2+ (if no rend to think about). Often you've warding lantern from a castellant too but a 1 is still a fail (it would just mean 5s and 6s return wounds).

Mirrorshield doesn't replace the thundershield.

I believe all stormhosts have an extremis chamber. Size and when they got them varies fluff wise. The Hammers of Sigmar were the first to "open" their extremis chamber!

Thank you both very much :)

Well I bought a bit more than I intended... wife will not be pleased.

Just wondered does each extremis chamber have just 1 LCoSD or is there a possibility for 2 or more? Really wanted something big to paint and ended up with 2

2 minutes ago, Waizer said:

Just wondered does each extremis chamber have just 1 LCoSD or is there a possibility for 2 or more? Really wanted something big to paint and ended up with 2

Each extremis chamber consist of 1 LCOSD and 3 Drakesworn templar and XDracoths

A chapter stormhost can have many extremis chamber, but usally only one. Hammers of sigmar are known to have more than any others.

Went 4-1 this weekend with Skyborne Slayers at a local GT (NOT THE WARHAMMER WORLD FINALS):

Lord-Celestant (Mirrorshield, Staunch Defenders)
Knight-Venator (Luckstone)
Lord-Relictor

Judicators
Judicators
Liberators
Liberators

Protectors x10
Decimators
Raptors with Longstrikes
Aetherwings
Prosecutors with Javelins

Skyborne Slayers

2000/2000

Games:

Major Win against Kharadron Overlords with lots of Endrinriggers in Battle for the Pass. Spread out what was on the board, then dropped, cut down 2 of the 3 Endrinrigger units, blew up the ship, and controlled a lot of the board. If I didn't get the double I think it would have been closer since those balloon boys are seriously powerful, but I managed to whittle down most of the army before he got to do much with it.

Major Loss against Tzeentch on Duality of Death. Extremely hard matchup + mission that favors him more. He had 2 units of 6 Enlightened that just cut through my entire army and I didn't get the double on my drop turn. I also messed up placing my Lord Celestant, letting him get blasted by MWs and then not having Heroes to score. Was nearly tabled by T4 but it was a fun game, learned a decent amount about my positioning and how to play against his type of army.

Major Win against Ironjawz on Starstrike. He messed up by moving all of his units forward and leaving his Heroes in the backfield open. I instagibbed his Mawkrusha and a couple of the foot dudes, then got the double and cut down everything else. His Brutes and Ardboyz were able to fight pretty effectively by themselves but I had the points and the numbers so we called it. 

Minor Win against Nighthaunt on Knife to the Heart. Always hard to get a Major here. He started both Mournguls off the board and then only brought one in on T1, I dropped in, killed all the characters, and the other one was stuck off the board. Then it was just attempting to whittle down his troops in order to get to his objective, but 4+ ignore Rend is too good. Won on Kill Points handily, though.

Minor Win against Sylvaneth on Scorched Earth. Crazy game. I gave him first and he teleported units around, burning one of my tokens for 3 points immediately. I dropped in, killed his wall of Dryads and his Wizard, then the double let me drop his Treelord Ancient on T2. I opted to burn both of the tokens on his side on T1 but only got 1 point, if I had left them it would have been better. First time playing that mission! By T4 he basically only had Drycha and some Hunters on the board, which he used to teleport around to points. He burned a second of mine for 3 points again, so even though he was nearly tabled, he was up on points on T5. I captured his last point and burned it for 2, tying us on VP but winning on KP. I made some tactical errors but so did he, balanced out a bit in the end.

Army thoughts:

Longstrikes at min unit size are pretty good for their points but aren't reliable as a removal unit. Totally controlled space though, locking down backfield objectives and then plinking off wounds from priority targets. 9 in an Aetherstrike removes units per turn, 3 will sometimes finish off that Kurnoth Hunter that's giving problems. Not sure they're an auto-include but not bad for the points. 

Aetherwings were worth the points every game. All stars if you're bringing Raptors.

Prosecutors in theory are awesome but somehow I think they only did like 6 wounds all tournament because they can't make a 3+/3+ attack to save their lives when I roll them. Bleh.

Venator does his thing and snipes a squishy Hero every single game and then moves around chipping off wounds. Always take.

Battalion is still quite good but definitely has weaknesses to mobility. It's nice to drop Starsouls right where you need them, but once they kill the one thing you send them into they rarely reach anything else with the pitiful 4" move. Really need to tie up multiple things, most of my games the Protectors annihilated 1-2 units and then spent the rest of the game just shuffling along trying to make long charges. 

Future:

I think I would run something less all-in for future games, you can abuse Skyborne a lot with proper bubbling and movement shenanigans. I want to experiment with a minimal Skyborne - just cutting down on Protectors to get more support units. That, or go more all-in on Skyborne and bump up the Decimators to 10 and the Protectors to 15. Suddenly you can cover way more of the board and 45 wounds Battleshock-immune wounds on the Protectors can take some serious time to chew through. 

Aetherstrike will be my next list to try but I'll keep Skyborne in my back pocket.

1 hour ago, Pestilens said:

hello guys, any chance to have any reports for SE players in GT Finals?

I'll try and get a post up later, I'm sure one of the guys will be able to tell you what my list is though.

ive been playing it all year and it hasn't changed :) 

I played chris myhil (5th) game 6 and lost which took me off the podium.

so I can go through his list as I don't think he posts on here and it was a little bit renegade.

On 6.10.2017 at 4:14 PM, Dez said:

Hey guys, I'm challenging myself and building and painting a Stormcast list for a tournament on October 17th. I'm still not sure about my list, I'm used to playing armies with high body counts (Orks, Skaven, Kharadron Overlords) so I'm a bit nervous at playing a list with 40 or so models.  I basically have 3 Starter sets, a Getting Started set, both Silver Tower expansions and Blight Wars to work with. No Judicators :( This kind of restricts me to Hammerstrike as my Battalion. I can take KO as allies, I'm toying around with the idea of a unit of 30 Arkanaut Company being moved around by Lightning Chariot, the models are all painted too!

My original though was just do a quick to paint Hammers of Sigmar list and call it done. I do prefer darker themed armies, like Anvils of Heldenhammer and Sons of Mallus so I might wiggle a bit here. I was going to take Vandus for his 24" Immune to Battleshock bubble as well as +1 attack within 9", which when paired with 2 10 man units of Retributors would be absolutely murderous. Back them up with a Lord Celestant (he is the general, consumate commander) for the +1 to hit and it starts to get silly (a blessed unit of 10 will on average do 30 mortal wounds and 30 normal wounds). I'm starting to wonder if they really need to be buffed up that much.

Allegiance: Stormcast Eternals

Leaders
Vandus Hammerhand (280)
Lord-Celestant (100)
- General
- Trait: Consummate Commander 
- Artefact: Mirrorshield 
Lord-Relictor (80)
- Artefact: Seed of Rebirth 
- Prayer: Bless Weapons

Battleline
5 x Liberators (100)
- Warhammers
- 1x Grandhammers
5 x Liberators (100)
- Warhammers
- 1x Grandhammers
5 x Liberators (100)
- Warhammers
- 1x Grandhammers

Units
10 x Paladin Retributors (440)
10 x Paladin Retributors (440)
3 x Prosecutors with Stormcall Javelins (100)
- 1x Stormsurge Tridents

Battalions
Hammerstrike Force (220)

Reinforcement Points (0)

Total: 1960 / 2000
Allies: 0 / 400

Like I mentioned, I'm considering some alternate lists and I'll post more later but I'd love to hear your thoughts in the meantime.

10 hours ago, Erdemo86 said:

Does someone have the list of the stormcast army from gt finals?(chris myhill) Or knows what he played?

He beat me in the last round, it was something like.

celestant on dracoth (extra range breath)

prime

heraldor

castellant

Relictor

10 judicators in one unit

2x5 liberators

4 fulminators in one unit.

im sure I'm missing something else but I can't remember it.

12 minutes ago, Lez said:

He beat me in the last round, it was something like.

celestant on dracoth (extra range breath)

prime

heraldor

castellant

Relictor

10 judicators in one unit

2x5 liberators

4 fulminators in one unit.

im sure I'm missing something else but I can't remember it.

Dont looks like a really strong list. Really celestant prime?

4 hours ago, Erdemo86 said:

Dont looks like a really strong list. Really celestant prime?

Depends on the matchups he got. If you don't play against Tzeentch or other sources of heavy MWs, 4 Fulminators with those 3 Heroes supporting will basically win the game by themselves. 

And people forget that the Prime is actually the best Assassin in the game if you can keep him off for a couple turns. Annihilates any unit or hero he hits for the most part. 

9 minutes ago, Requizen said:

Depends on the matchups he got. If you don't play against Tzeentch or other sources of heavy MWs, 4 Fulminators with those 3 Heroes supporting will basically win the game by themselves. 

And people forget that the Prime is actually the best Assassin in the game if you can keep him off for a couple turns. Annihilates any unit or hero he hits for the most part. 

If the prime was buffed with the lantern that gives it a 2+ save w/potential to heal. Pretty good 

What do you guys think of a frostheart phoenix as ally in a stormcast list for competetive. Thinking about converting a stormcast on top of it. Maybe a fulminator. Thinking about a list like this.

Relictor -1 to Hit, tempestors -1 to Hit and phoenix -1 to wound.

Allegiance: Order
Lord-Celestant On Dracoth (220)
- Tempestos Hammer & Thundershield
Lord-Castellant (100)
Knight-Heraldor (120)
Lord-Relictor (80)
Anointed Of Asuryan On Frostheart Phoenix (240)
5 x Judicators (160)
- Skybolt Bows
5 x Judicators (160)
- Skybolt Bows
5 x Liberators (100)
- Warhammers
5 x Liberators (100)
- Warhammers
4 x Fulminators (480)
2 x Tempestors (220)

Reinforcement Points (0)

Total: 1980 / 2000

18 minutes ago, Erdemo86 said:

What do you guys think of a frostheart phoenix as ally in a stormcast list for competetive. Thinking about converting a stormcast on top of it. Maybe a fulminator. Thinking about a list like this.

Relictor -1 to Hit, tempestors -1 to Hit and phoenix -1 to wound.

Allegiance: Order
Lord-Celestant On Dracoth (220)
- Tempestos Hammer & Thundershield
Lord-Castellant (100)
Knight-Heraldor (120)
Lord-Relictor (80)
Anointed Of Asuryan On Frostheart Phoenix (240)
5 x Judicators (160)
- Skybolt Bows
5 x Judicators (160)
- Skybolt Bows
5 x Liberators (100)
- Warhammers
5 x Liberators (100)
- Warhammers
4 x Fulminators (480)
2 x Tempestors (220)

Reinforcement Points (0)

Total: 1980 / 2000

I like it as a very defensive list. I don't think it helps the objective game as the new scenarios are written at the moment (could be wrong). 

If 40 skinks and 1 Phoenix can't kill each other round an objective, who gets the points?

13 minutes ago, Turragor said:

I like it as a very defensive list. I don't think it helps the objective game as the new scenarios are written at the moment (could be wrong). 

If 40 skinks and 1 Phoenix can't kill each other round an objective, who gets the points?

I dont think that its a really defensive list, i would call it balanced. You still have the fulminators with LCoD with a poenix and tempestors nearby with a lot of punch. Liberators and Judicators are nice for the objectives. Im not afraid of skinks, they fall like flys. 

also you have a lot of shooting 10 judis, LCoD, heraldor, relictor Tempestors and Dracoths.

On 06.10.2017 at 4:27 PM, Turragor said:

In your list I am not sure if a LCoSD and prime would go together. It sounds like the dream team but the cost is hefty (900).

You'd still probably do better removing the 20 retributors and taking 6 fulminators.

Of course, lots of advice (as is often the case) is moot. What have you got painted? If it's what you list then you'd be able to buy and paint a hammerstrike force much faster than 6 fulminators!

I agree with you. LCoSD and the prime cost is hefty together so I gave up the prime.

If we come to the painting part, it's complicated because I play warhammer approximately for 2 years but only 14 models are painted. 

Most of SCE players prefer fulminators. I guess Stardrake and 4 fulminators good combination.

Archived