AoS open day, who’s going?

Hey TGA,

With all the new exciting Soul Wars news that broke at Warhammer Fest last weekend it looks like we are in for a jam packed AoS open day. I have a couple of questions

1) Who’s going? 

2) If you’ve been to previous Open Days are the tables available in the Hall so attendees can get a game in? 

Ps. I’m going and can’t wait!

1) Me & my brother :)

2) There are sometimes tables available, but it depends entirely on what else they're planning on running.  Last time the tables were largely given over to Shadespire.  However, send the WHW events team an e-mail and ask/book a table.  My experience with Open Days has been that I've filled most of the day up with talking to people and finding things out, however your millage may vary.  I will likely pop some Combat Cards into a pocket just incase!

I'm tempted to go if I can, and take my boy with me as it's free for him. Because I live in Nottingham, I don't access WHW nearly as much as I should! Shameful! Worse is it makes me question paying to go in ??

14 hours ago, syph0n said:

I'm tempted to go if I can, and take my boy with me as it's free for him. Because I live in Nottingham, I don't access WHW nearly as much as I should! Shameful! Worse is it makes me question paying to go in ??

One of the nice things is that even though it's £12.50 for the day, you get free entry to the exhibition so you can take your lad round and go all nostalgic on him!

14 hours ago, Carnelian said:

But what is there left to show? Haha kidding I'm sure that there is loads

I think both Nighthaunt and the new chamber have models that we've not seen :)  Still reckon that'll be the day the new rules drop! 

totally agree with you @RuneBrush  hopefully it will give you a chance to use your mind powers and shoehorn some info out of the forgeowrld teams as to where they feel their product lines are going.

Mostrous arcanum like it used to be, would be very cool, especially as they got their allegiance chart  for scrolls of binding just right, and i'd be very interested  in hearing whether they have plans for their family armies like Legion and Fimir, and whether they intend to roll them out in wonderful Tamurkhan or imperial armour/ horus heresy style campaign narratives rather than the mothership's battletome format.

Keeping my optimist hat on, I'm hoping for something big.  The old model lines are the old model lines but we've seen the fimir noble, the character series and now the dragon finally come about.  I can't and hopefully refuse to believe that these are standalone characters 'just because'.  I think (hope) there's a grander thing going on when their stretched resources allow.

As you said in your Warhammer fest synopsis, they don't know where to start under the weight of it all - easy answer to that is let me  you and Arkiham loose on them for a weekend and we'll put them straight and give them direction! :)

Archived