Dynamic Dark Aelves Help

Hello,

i have a chance to grab an old Malekith on black dragon so thinking about a dark aelves army. While I love the way the old spearmen, both the newish dreadspears and the 6th edition ones rank up, unfortunately Age of Sigmar doesn't have that any more.

So I was hoping to get some inspiration for how to make them a bit more dynamic, like the more current AoS models. Maybe with some kit bashing or alternatives? They look like pretty static troops though.

Thanks for your help!

Shadow warriors as a base kit with spear/shield from the original kit conversions would be the most dynamic options for Aelves to the best of my knowledge. The cavarly and chariots are already fantastically scultped and fluid so shouldnt be an issue.

People so still rank them up, especially in big blocks. 

Unfortunately, the dreadspears etc have fixed heads. The Corsairs, however, are very dynamic looking models as alternatives. Game performance wise, I can't answer there. 

Well if you want them to be a bit more dynamic and you are willing to borrow from the Dark Eldar then you can always use Kabalite Warrior legs, or Wych legs on the spearmen or really whatever model you want to use.. If you want something from AoS then Black Ark Corsairs are a good idea.

If you want an example of how DE stuff works with Kabalite legs here is the conversion I did for executioners from my log

executioners.jpg

Those are looking pretty slick Rhivan!

I like the corsairs, I have been wondering why they've also stayed relatively cheep compared to the other boxes. The Warhammer Legends preorder has got me thinking all Dark Aelves so trying to put together a small 1000pt force for fun games.

Thanks for the help guys!

Archived