2-0-1 With Grand Host 2k

Tittliewinks22

This last weekend was a friendly tournament at my local shop.  I showed up with a decent sacrament list, but got pressured by everyone to play my Nagash model (mostly new players there wanting to take down Nagash for fun lol!)

So I ended up on this list:

Nagash (Soul Harvest, Vile Transference, Spirit Gale)

Necromancer (Overwhelming Dread, Ossific Diadem)

Necromancer (Fading Vigoure)

40 Skeleton Spearmen

20 Graveguard Great Weapons

10 Skeleton Swordsman

6 Spirit Hosts

5 Direwolves

============

Round One vs Legion of Sacrament

Battleplan: Knife to the Heart

His list consisted of Arkhan and multiple units of 30-40 skeletons as well as 10 man unit of black knights, and enough reserve points to resummon the knights when they die.

Our hordes tie up the middle of the battlefield while his knights attempt to flank me.  I position my grave guard to make a charge and remove the knights from the battlefield (which I fell into his trap). Nagash is locked in combat with a blob of 40 Spearmen, but is in range to unbind everything Arkhan attempts.

He sprung his trap on me in turn 3 by reanimating all 10 of his knights in my backfield and made a 10" charge to hit the unit of 10 skeletons I had on my objective.  He takes the unit down to 1 skeleton remaining! On my turn 3 I use Curse of Years (thanks Arkhan!) And get lucky enough to completely wipe out his black knights, and also recover the unit that was on the objective back to 5 strong.  I then flee Nagash and my spirit hosts over top of his blob of skeletons and threaten his objective should I win the roll off and get a double turn.

I won roll off and moved in on turn 4 to steal the win!

Thoughts:

1) If it weren't for Nagash command ability I would have lost my last skeleton to battleshock!

2) Alot of luck getting curse of years to work and then get the double turn! If I failed the double turn roll I would have lost due to freeing him up to charge my objective again!

============

Round Two vs Maggotkin of Nurgle

Battleplan: Duality of Death

He is a veteran sigmar player, but first time playing Maggotkin book (normally on Ironjaws). His list was a Daemon Prince, a GUO, the named GUO, bagpiper, a herald, 3 min units of plaguebearers and a big blob of nurglings.

Right off the bat I didnt think he would be able to shift Nagash off an objective, so I deployed my whole list to one side, and Nagash on the other.

Nagash ran to the objective turn 1 and sat there all game. Opponent didn't even attempt to go after him, instead focusing all his efforts on the opposite side. He got his Daemon Prince on the objective turn 1 as well and summon some trees around and moved all his guys in range to wall his prince off.

He spawned his blob of nurglings behind my 40 Spearmen and did a charge but only put one in contact and kept the rest congoing away. He positioned his GUO on the opposite side of the Spearmen so my Spearmen would have to spread thin in pile in phase!  On turn 2 I forgot to use Nagash's command ability and he double turned me killing my Spearmen down to 13 models left before I had the opportunity to replenish. The d3 gods were on my side though and I got 3' on everything! 2 Necromancer and Nagash Invocation, got a 5+ on legion ability and 2 gravesites! Returned the unit from 13 back up to 31!  I manage to also return graveguard in a way to get 6 of them in contact with his Daemon Prince.

I make 4 double wound rolls on his prince and 3 single wound. He failed all 4 double wound killing his prince.

At this point he conceeded due to not being able to shift Nagash (his whole army was opposite side of the board) and being down in kill points going into turn 5.

Thoughts: This was a tough battle! I thought for sure I was done when I forgot the command ability and got double turned, but the dice God's were on my side and I barley hung in there, turning a Minor loss into a Major Victory!

============

Round Three vs Blades of Khorne

Battleplan: Scorched Earth

This was my friend that drove to the tournament with me, we were both exhausted (we aren't normally tournament players, mostly narrative) so we decided to take a "draw".  He conceeded to me and we split the winnings on enough store credit to get the base game of Shadespire!

1 hour ago, Thanatos Ares said:

How was your first opponent being in back the Black Knights with reserve points? As they no longer have the summon spell on their warscroll

They've got the "Summonable" keyword which allows you to use a command ability to bring the unit back using a gravesite (the same as you would summon from the grave).  It does mean you can't use your "normal" command ability, but in this case it sounded like a good trade off

14 hours ago, Oogje said:

What would you change with regard to Artefacts and spell? 

I didn't get to test spells too much for Nagash. My mindset was to take the two vampire ones that allow him to Regen or recover models to units and then take the one for extra -1 to hit which complements the two I took on necromancers.

I was satisfied with the Ossific Diadem. Without the infernal standard now, I take an extra ward where I can get it!

On 26/04/2018 at 12:30 PM, RuneBrush said:

They've got the "Summonable" keyword which allows you to use a command ability to bring the unit back using a gravesite (the same as you would summon from the grave).  It does mean you can't use your "normal" command ability, but in this case it sounded like a good trade off

Where does it clarify that this uses reserve points?

Summoning FAQ or GHB17, when you set up a „new“ unit, you have to pay Reserve points for them. Adding to excising units, up to their starting value is free. 

Basically deleted the FEC command abilities, clarified the call to arms rules from the courtiers and brought the crazy op summoning rules down three notches.

Archived