Legion of Sacrament 1000 list help?

Lou_Cypher

Store's having a bit of a Narrative Campaign. Gonna try and see how well this list could do.

Vampire Lord on Zombie Dragon

(Shroud of Darkness with Dark Acolyte Command Trait)

40 Skeletons w/ Spears.

5 Dire Wolves

2 Morghast Harbingers w/ Spirit Halberds.

Main weakness of the list would be the lack of heroes. But I like to think my General is protected by his artifact until he decides to strike someone.

Or shoul I switch up artifacts and command Traits?

• 2 weeks later...
On 25/04/2018 at 10:33 PM, Honk said:

At 1k I personally think the VLoZD is over the top, thinking about resurrection dice, magic variety and so on. Especially with the morghast.

The best 1k lists I've run with legions definitely include a VLoZD, if your opponent doesn't have the tools then it can almost solo armies. I agree that the Morghast are possibly overkill? 

Morghast are a 1:1 trade for 2 Necromancers, which makes a bit more use of the allegiance ability and makes your skeleton blob much tougher to kill, as they give you even more deathly invocation and can chuck out some nice debuffs. I've had the skeleton blob easily tank and grind off kurnoth hunters with the necros sat behind doing their thing. 

I think Blood is still possibly the better list for this kinda army - the reroll 1s to save on the VLoZD is lovely and you can get a nice bravery bomb going with overwhelming dread, banners and the allegiance ability. But Sacrament is no bad thing if that's what you wanted to go for narratively. 

Alternatively, Prince Vhordrai is an unstoppable engine of destruction and loves the +1 to cast from Sacrament. You have to ditch the Morghast but can easily take a Necro and second unit of dogs in their place.

• 2 weeks later...

I just played a 1k tourny at a local store. I beat (with reasonable ease) a Lord of Change and Fateweaver combo (knife to the heart mission) as well as a ruthless Sylvaneth list (scorched earth mission).

Arkhan
Necromancer
30X Skeletons (spears)
20x Skeletons (spears)
5 Black Knights

Archived