Chaos Chosen

LichKing

I have a little bit of a problem, I want to get some Chaos Chosen however, I hate the models, I have so far converted my normal Chaos warriors a bit to not have any horns, cutting them off, these are for normal chaos Grand Alliance, so their armour is black. I don't like the normal Chaos Chosen as is, so an idea that came to mind was getting some Chaos Warriors, and the great axe conversion things, and using that but it should have more to it. I'm not sure what else I could add to make them seem more special, perhaps paint each one of them to serve a specific god of Chaos? Have a couple blue, some pink, some red, and some green?

I'd suggest kitbashing a box of Liberators with a box of Bestigors to get that armoured, Chaos look, with a Great Axe.

If you also grab some decent Chaos pauldrons, either from a box of knights, or look at third party sites for Chaos Space Marine designs and some suitable heads (again Space Marine bits are useful here), then it'll help disguise the overall shape

You'll need to do a little work on each body to remove the lightning detail (belt buckle, spare sword etc.) and I'd also lose the cloth between the legs

On 31-3-2018 at 4:37 AM, Swooper said:

I've seen people use the Sisters of Silence (from 40k) as Chosen. No conversion even needed, I don't think they have any tech bits on them if you assemble them with the greatswords.

I did that, as slaaneshi chosen. The most work was scraping of some eagle symbols and I left off some of the shoulder guards. You can check them out in my plog. 

in 6th ed. Chosen used to look like regular warriors, but with mutations. You could use almost anything to point warriors out as chosen. It could be as simple as painting their helmets gold

Thank you for all the suggestions, I've not tried anything yet but I think I am going to try the Bestigor/Liberator kitbash, see if I can make that work, if not I'll resort to other things, but more suggestions are always welcome

The old route used to be knight torsos with cut down lances on warrior legs.

depends what you’re looking for, blight kind ngs make great nurgle chosen, sisters slannesh chosen, or you could just look at them as warriors who are higher in their gods favour but have managed to stave off mutations and just accumulate gifts making them beefier and better fighters.

i did some bestigor bodies with various heads of warriors on them for my chosen.

Well, my army is Chaos Undivided, they are from the frozen wastes, covered in snow mostly free of mutations, my forces lead a grand alliance, having troops from various forces.

Perhaps I could use normal warriors but with great weapons but not sure what to give them to make them look unique, perhaps plenty of chains? I am open to ideas

10 hours ago, LichKing said:

Well, my army is Chaos Undivided, they are from the frozen wastes, covered in snow mostly free of mutations, my forces lead a grand alliance, having troops from various forces.

Perhaps I could use normal warriors but with great weapons but not sure what to give them to make them look unique, perhaps plenty of chains? I am open to ideas

If your theme is frozen wastes, then make their weapons shards of glacial ice, a dark gloss blue/black with a sharp white edge.

Model wise, all bare headed, displaying their contempt for their foes abilities. Look at various bearded heads, the Space Wolf range and Empire range has loads

Finally, when painting their armour, embelish the detail, add a clear mark of Chaos Undivided on each

17 minutes ago, Lucio said:

If your theme is frozen wastes, then make their weapons shards of glacial ice, a dark gloss blue/black with a sharp white edge.

Model wise, all bare headed, displaying their contempt for their foes abilities. Look at various bearded heads, the Space Wolf range and Empire range has loads

Finally, when painting their armour, embelish the detail, add a clear mark of Chaos Undivided on each

That sounds like a great idea, and I can do that, I think I will, it will suit my army quite well. Thank you

Archived