The Most stupid question ever :)

J.Z.

Hello guys.

I saw some awesome painted miniatures in this forum section.

I just started the hobby and i want to go all the way baby! Painting, scenery, battles, skull for a skull throne and stuff.

So i got few questions about finishing bases and/or scenery.

Sand and rocks!

Yeah- where are you getting them. I mean do you buy things like:

https://www.darksphere.co.uk/p.php?p=30443  or   https://www.darksphere.co.uk/p.php?p=72812

or you are basically using a Citadel texture paints...

Or I don't know maybe DIY stores???

2 minutes ago, Kronos said:

I keep all my sprues, resin and plastic, and also any bits of plastic left over from old conversions, anything pretty much, super glue the life out of it and then spread some  stirland battlemire. 

A3617552-6B55-4DD1-A4F8-B75BC474F570.jpeg

Yeah it's amazing how pretty much anything looks like a rock when it's painted grey and drybrushed.

6 hours ago, Kronos said:

I keep all my sprues, resin and plastic, and also any bits of plastic left over from old conversions, anything pretty much, super glue the life out of it and then spread some  stirland battlemire. 

68757905-7348-4F01-99DC-A64D61A7851B.jpeg

Looks like massive graveyard

I use a mix of sculpted bases (lately the Shattered Dominions ones because they're keenly priced), texture paint and old school basing sand / gravel.

Picture below shows the result when combined with gloss effects for the wet areas

IMG_20180301_234502.jpg

On 12.03.2018 at 9:04 PM, Routasydän said:

Where do you buy your minis? Online or a local store? Usually they have a load of basing stuff unless your shop is just a GW shop.

Online.

Yeah i bought some basing stuff just this Monday.

And a sand and B&Q :)

Archived