Ardboyz, How many standard bearers can I take? Per 10? 20-30?

Superninja

Hello all, new to the game and Ironjawz (too late).  I am currently putting together the contents of a getting started box and soon a couple weirdnob warband sets.  How many standard bearers can I/should I build into the unit of Ardboyz? Can i use both standards? If i can use both, are both in effect? I thought i could only take one but after reading some other posts, I am not 100% sure.  So i figured I would just ask.  I have read a post about how to equip them otherwise, so not interested in that.

RAW - the entire unit can have them

Between mates - I think 1 per 10 is legit, because that's how the kit comes, which was presumably the intention

At an event - TO's decision.  At CanCon you were allowed one of each per unit (regardless of unit size), so I took 1 of each in my lone 10-man unit

I'm personally of the opinion that should be 'within reason'.

Which generally (in my mind) means 1 of each option per minimum unit size models. So in the case of Ardboyz, I'd expect that 1 of each banner and 1 drummer per 10.

Ideally I think it's really one of each option per unit, but I know for a fact that in some cases, I'd like the flexibility of forming a unit of 30-40 models or forming smaller units of say 10-20 and not have to have extra models on the side.

That being said, I think in general this is what it tends to work out as anyway, as people are limited by how many options they actually get in the kits.

However be aware that some tournaments have house rules that say you may only have 1 banner bearer and 1 musician per unit, so not only do you only get 1 of each but in cases where you have a choice of banner types, you need to choose one.

23 minutes ago, someone2040 said:

I'm personally of the opinion that should be 'within reason'.

Which generally (in my mind) means 1 of each option per minimum unit size models. So in the case of Ardboyz, I'd expect that 1 of each banner and 1 drummer per 10.

Ideally I think it's really one of each option per unit, but I know for a fact that in some cases, I'd like the flexibility of forming a unit of 30-40 models or forming smaller units of say 10-20 and not have to have extra models on the side.

That being said, I think in general this is what it tends to work out as anyway, as people are limited by how many options they actually get in the kits.

However be aware that some tournaments have house rules that say you may only have 1 banner bearer and 1 musician per unit, so not only do you only get 1 of each but in cases where you have a choice of banner types, you need to choose one.

So the way that I'm doing it is I'll have 3 banners, 3 icons, 3 drummers and the boss. The other 15/20 will be shields and any remainder are whichever weapon choice i have the unit using (2h or dw). Specifically because the banners, icons and drummers have whatever weapons I put on my list and I only use 1 type of weapon in the unit so it greatly reduces the number i need to weapon swap the unit,

I dont use shields on the command group.

19 hours ago, someone2040 said:

So in the case of Ardboyz, I'd expect that 1 of each banner and 1 drummer per 10.

This is how I handle it as well.  At least, how I would handle it if I had more Ardboys to field beyond my first 10.  One of each per 10 is, to me, thematic and looks pretty cool on the tabletop.

Archived