Starting an army 〔NEED HELP〕

FeelsDoggoMan

Hey guys, I’m getting into Age of Sigmar and I need some help moving forward. So far I’ve purchased the Skeleton Horde start collecting box and need guidance. I’m thinking of building Mannfred and want to have a majorly vampire based army with some skeletons (Not worries about allegiance). Any tips for my next purchases?

If you go Legion of blood you might want some blood knights, due to their cost most people convert the Dragon Prince models (or whatever they got renamed for AoS)

You can also go for a coven throne, vamp lord on zombie dragon / foot.

You'll likely want some more skeletons to make up your battlelines though and I'd advise at least 1 necromancer for them :)

5 minutes ago, Nactigal said:

You can't run Mannfred in legion of blood though. 

Well..you can but you HAVE to have Neferata as well so she can be the general :P so maybe not possible at such a low points value.

That said you can always magnetise the heads and riders and have all 3 mortarchs!

And for the Blood knights the reason you use them is they all get that extra attack in Legion of Blood so it makes them much harder hitting (especially on the charge)

8 minutes ago, Arentius said:

Well..you can but you HAVE to have Neferata as well so she can be the general :P so maybe not possible at such a low points value.

That said you can always magnetise the heads and riders and have all 3 mortarchs!

And for the Blood knights the reason you use them is they all get that extra attack in Legion of Blood so it makes them much harder hitting (especially on the charge)

So to be clear, if I run the Legion of Blood with Neferata as my general, does it limit my choices for models? I know I can get some Blood knights, a vampire lord, a necromancer, and bulk up my skeletons; but I’ll also have those black knights/ hex wraiths left over, and was hoping to purchase some dire wolves. 

Just now, FeelsDoggoMan said:

So to be clear, if I run the Legion of Blood with Neferata as my general, does it limit my choices for models? I know I can get some Blood knights, a vampire lord, a necromancer, and bulk up my skeletons; but I’ll also have those black knights/ hex wraiths left over, and was hoping to purchase some dire wolves. 

The Legion of blood may take any warscroll that is in the legions of nagash book except for Nagash, he can only be in a Grand host of nagash army.

As black knights / Hex wraiths and the Dire wolves are in the book..you can take them ;) 

Spirits like hex wraiths / Spirit hosts are great if you can give them +1 to hit, the black knights can be Van hels'd with the necromancer (but then so can the Hex wraiths)

It really depends on what kind of army you want to run!

2 minutes ago, Arentius said:

The Legion of blood may take any warscroll that is in the legions of nagash book except for Nagash, he can only be in a Grand host of nagash army.

As black knights / Hex wraiths and the Dire wolves are in the book..you can take them ;) 

Spirits like hex wraiths / Spirit hosts are great if you can give them +1 to hit, the black knights can be Van hels'd with the necromancer (but then so can the Hex wraiths)

It really depends on what kind of army you want to run!

Thanks mate, you’ve been a great help!

16 minutes ago, FeelsDoggoMan said:

Thanks mate, you’ve been a great help!

Anyime, I don't have much time to play but I like to theory craft stuff.

So if you have questions feel free to pop em my way and I'll do my best to help out

Archived