Brayherd / Warherd 2k list help

Congratz

I have also been trying to find a good list though I had 2 1000pt games with just brayherd then just warhead that has given me some ideas.

The first game was brayherd vs spider riders and I ended up loosing because even my bestigors couldn't handle an aracnorock and my 30 gors couldn't kill one giant. I made several mistakes and rolled horribly for anarchy and mayhem but it reinforced to me that pure brayherd has trouble with big tough units.

My second game was warherd vs stormcast. I found bull gors and my ghorgon to do amazingly if I rolled well but they got surrounded and killed fairly easily but they were deleting units if I rolled well.

From what I learned from those games, next time I play I will try out something like:

Doom bull

6 bullgors

Ghorgon

Cygor

Cockatrice

Bray shaman

3x30 gors

300pts of stuff that I am undecided about. But the idea I have for this list is to use the gors to control the enemy so my warherd units can get into combat on my terms to try to minimize the damage they take. The Cygor might not be worth it but I want to try it a few times before I make a decision.

Hopefully my experiences and half baked ideas are useful. 

22 hours ago, NemoVonUtopia said:

I have also been trying to find a good list though I had 2 1000pt games with just brayherd then just warhead that has given me some ideas.

The first game was brayherd vs spider riders and I ended up loosing because even my bestigors couldn't handle an aracnorock and my 30 gors couldn't kill one giant. I made several mistakes and rolled horribly for anarchy and mayhem but it reinforced to me that pure brayherd has trouble with big tough units.

My second game was warherd vs stormcast. I found bull gors and my ghorgon to do amazingly if I rolled well but they got surrounded and killed fairly easily but they were deleting units if I rolled well.

From what I learned from those games, next time I play I will try out something like:

Doom bull

6 bullgors

Ghorgon

Cygor

Cockatrice

Bray shaman

3x30 gors

300pts of stuff that I am undecided about. But the idea I have for this list is to use the gors to control the enemy so my warherd units can get into combat on my terms to try to minimize the damage they take. The Cygor might not be worth it but I want to try it a few times before I make a decision.

Hopefully my experiences and half baked ideas are useful. 

I have been trying them separately too and I am very fond of the double doombull instead of the cygor. One is your general and you wanna make a veeery safe charge with him (meaning even in third or foirth turn) if not just leaving it a bit back and the other one is a mad cow you don t really mind if he dies so send him in. This second one alongside the ghorgon takes attention away from other tatgets. 

Also i prefer 2x3 bulls rather that 1x6. The 1" range make them so just a max of 4 could attack anyway.

Like big blobs of goats but maybe then you wanna take ungors as they come out cheaper when maxed unit so maybe with those 300pts you have left you can fit something else too. Maybe anither gorghon or jabberslythes...

I do not personally like mixing gors in very much but a few units of 20 with as much of the warherds as possible could work. I personally prefer 6 man units for the bulls just because you can easily charge more than one unit and then everyone can attack at the same time. I have had some pretty good games with pure warherds. Basically you run up the board and hit the enemy so hard they die. Assuming I roll at least average they will normally do their job and kill the target or maul it badly enough that it doesn't do much back. Stormcast have been one of the better matchups so far. I played a vangaurd wing and even though he manage to eke out the victory by grabbing both objectives turn 3 he did it with the exact number of wounds needed. The next turn (since the tournament packet said to play on for bonus objectives and it was only 20ish minutes in to the 2.5 hour round) he only had 5 judicators left to fight 12 bulls, 3 gorgons, a doombull, and a cygor. Ironjawz it swings heavily depending on both players rolls since both sides just do so much damage. The biggest problem is the objective side of things. Replacing a ghorgon or two with some gors could help with that. Currently though there have not been many fights I have not been winning even if I end up losing the objective. 2 stardrakes jn your way can disappear awfully quickly.

I'd suggest

Doombull w. big axe

Great Bray Shaman

6 x Bullgor w. Shield

6 x Bullgor w. Shield

6 x Bullgor w. Big Axe

2 x Cygor

30 x Ungor Raiders

Aim here is to have Cygor and Raiders harress the enemy, whilst the Bullgors lumber across the board

So would this 2k list work out of curiosity?

1 x Doombull w/ Great Axe

3 x Bullgor

3x Bullgor

3x Bullgor

3x Bullgor

4x Ghorgons

2x Jabberslythes

Newly back to AOS, but rusty on the rules.  Is this even a legal list for matched play?

4 hours ago, MADPolo said:

So would this 2k list work out of curiosity?

3 x Bullgor

3x Bullgor

3x Bullgor

3x Bullgor

4x Ghorgons

2x Jabberslythes

Newly back to AOS, but rusty on the rules.  Is this even a legal list for matched play?

Not legal for matched play, you have 6 behemoth vs 4 max

That's what I thought.  So I recently, in a trade, got a couple doombulls and 4 of the Bloodfeast gorgar boxes.  Is there a legal way to turn that into a 2k list?  I love the sculpts and would love to use the.

I'm not worried about being competitive.  Just want something fun. 

6 minutes ago, MADPolo said:

That's what I thought.  So I recently, in a trade, got a couple doombulls and 4 of the Bloodfeast gorgar boxes.  Is there a legal way to turn that into a 2k list?  I love the sculpts and would love to use the.

I'm not worried about being competitive.  Just want something fun. 

Yup, don't take the 2 Jabberslythes and instead add 400 points of Brayherd allies. I recomend a Shaman and 30 Ungor raiders as a good choice

Archived