What happened to the FW khorne dragon?

Jagged Red Lines

Hahaha I asked this in December and got trolled by Forgeworld. (Asked them how far it was, to which they replied that the picture was taken roughly two feet away) Really I don't know if it will ever come to be. By large because it is so huge and Age of Sigmar related. So I think it's an awesome sculpt but am uncertain if someone at marketing things there is some sales potential there. I mean it's even very specificly a Khorne Dragon... Not Chaos.

What they showed last working on (2017) was a whole new seat. Appearantly they didn't like the idea of a Khorne Lord standing on top of it. I also hope they will make a Khorne Lord on top of it who's at least as epic as Archaon but I don't know! For some reason Forgeworld has been a bit hit or miss with their sculpts since 2017. The Primarchs look epic and the latest Space Wolf looks absolutely dorky.

I am eagerly waiting for them to releace it, especially because there is a stardrake eating every thing at the game store I go to. Though I am worried about the size and transporting it. 

I agree that the market seems limited, maybe if I promise to buy a warlord titan when they releace the dragon it will encourage them. :P

9 hours ago, kenshin620 said:

I really wish they made a modular chaos dragon that could easily represent each god with a different head (bonus for more parts). Getting a little tired of seeing elf dragon conversions!

To be honest with you I really never understood why Games Workshop basically stopped recreating the two headed Dragon for Chaos. I mean a Galrauch/regular Chaos Dragon kit would have been EPIC.

I like the idea of a Chaos Lord riding a Manticore also but in the end what made Chaos Warriors really cool is that their Greater Daemon equivelant was a serious one also. Two headed Chaos Dragons most certainly never dissapointed me when we went for a monster-mash...

Perhaps when Games Workshop decides to update Everchosen/Slaves to Darkness/Darkoath we will see a return for it. As before I'd love it and the modular option of such a kit would really fit the newer style of Greater Daemons we have seen so far. 

For me the Chaos Dragon could also be kept 'Chaos Undivided' as I feel other than Archaon we have no fantastic representation of why going that route can also be a good choice.

2 minutes ago, Jagged Red Lines said:

Plus difficult to know where to put the rider on a two-headed dragon!

Such a massive shame that they randomly dropped it as a mount. I don't know why they did it either.

What I do know is that indeed Galraugh was the first Chaos Dragon in narrative whilst Baudros, Egrim van Horstmann preceded him in model. Both very Tzeentch bound I do think that some recton could be made that Galraugh's children don't have to be for followers of Tzeentch ******.

Ah well... Maby GW will visit him one time in the future, alternatively Khorne Dragons from Forge World appear :P 

Well I think that it would be ideal if the Khorne Lord at least looked like he could beat a random Mighty Lord of Khorne on his own also.

While I really love the Skullreaper design and don't mind he really looks like that I also think that ideally the guy on the Dragon is a bit more armoured to create the visual immersion that you can believe the guy doesn't simply get shot of the dragon. What I mean by that is that guys who control Dragons should at least look the part.
Basically I'm not a huge fan of this: 
2016-08-13_0844.jpg
If he still ends up looking like that I at least hope his weapons are 'EPIC'.

What will happen to it, again I have no idea... As before the last update was that the seat got changed:
P1280385.JPG
P1280389.JPG
Source: https://recalcitrantdaze.blogspot.nl/2017/08/forge-world-open-day-2017-part-1.html

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, kenshin620 said:

Hope his rules are good, aren't the other forge world khorne stuff a little on the meh side?

I've used Skaarac a couple of times. He was a bit too random for my taste but did pretty well over all. Probably not very points efficient though.

Yeah this piece really isn't to be expected a powerhouse vs its cost.

I do think it will be powerful and likely able to eat other models whole (or something like that) but I also rather have this beast not be the next 2015's Mourngul. This would be a hassle to play against, with and carry around ;) 

Still for the ultimate AoS Khorne/Bloodbound fan this is fantastic. I just really don't like the rider from the few details I am seeing.... But hopefully we will see close ups sooner or later.

Still feel like there is something a bit off with that dragon. I don’t much like the rider now. I prefer the seat, but like a heavy armoured chaos lord on the back rather than what looks to be a reaver / ogre? 

I had already decided I would get this the first time I heard about it, but I too am not a big of the chaos ogre looking lord. Hopefully there is a more Armored version in the kit or that the legs are seperatly to make conversions easer. I also don't know how I feel about the seat/throne looking like a tumor on the dragon even though it's very chaos esque. Maybe it will look better from another angle or I can paint it like a saddle not a tumor.

4 hours ago, Jagd said:

Still feel like there is something a bit off with that dragon. I don’t much like the rider now. I prefer the seat, but like a heavy armoured chaos lord on the back rather than what looks to be a reaver / ogre? 

The rider looks super silly. I have wondered for a while if the sculptor for Forgeworld is actually more an expert of larger scale sculpts. The guy on top looks like a dork with ungor horns, no armour and a rope to control the dragon. Silly.

Archived