5 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

Yeah it would be great, think about it using two of those battalions, and in a second or two you will now have a unit of stormvermin which make 6attacks per model??

Is it allowed to take a battalion twice in the same list in AOS? :o

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Trust me, nobody would be happier than me to be able to terrorize New England with Clan Verminus again. It's not in The General's Handbook 2017, not in Warscroll Builder....it's going to end up being a mistake. However if they did let us have it /swoon

What if it gets removed from the app because we brought attention too it? What have I done! I could have continued in happy ignorance of the evil scheme to deny the rise-rise of the great vermin tide.

Great Horned Rat, forgive me!

Hi,

I’ll be playing against a friend of mine on Friday. The idea is to see how our 1000poimts army list would function.

so anyways here’s my list:

Heros:200p

1Deathrunner (general, with deceiver, and crown of conquest):120p

1plague priest with censer: 80p

Battleline

4x40Clanrats:800p

total: 1000p

wounds:170

so since the faq allows the deathrunner to use the command ability and the warlord trait also for his twin, my plan is to give all of my clanrats battleshock immunity (if I’m lucky with the role for the crown of conquest). And secondly a minus 2 to the to hit roles made in the first turns, means that there is literally nothing that can hurt me very bad with shooting (in other words no more hero losses in the first turn (I’m so happy)?)

Hi everybody, since faction focuses of Ironjaws, Everchosen and slave to darkness came, out announcing, that every unit will get a point decrease,

my hopes are that skaven will too.

just imagine having a unit of stormvermins only costing 100p or a unit of 20 clanrats for only 80points. 

Wouldnt that be great??

finally we can unpack a full fledged Vermintide onto the table, kill- slaying any race things, who comes-scurry our way

Skaven will triumph ones again 

huahahahahahahahahahahah???????

(Underground, Overground Skaven are we)

6 hours ago, Skreech Verminking said:

Hi everybody, since faction focuses of Ironjaws, Everchosen and slave to darkness came, out announcing, that every unit will get a point decrease,

my hopes are that skaven will too.

just imagine having a unit of stormvermins only costing 100p or a unit of 20 clanrats for only 80points. 

Wouldnt that be great??

finally we can unpack a full fledged Vermintide onto the table, kill- slaying any race things, who comes-scurry our way

Skaven will triumph ones again 

huahahahahahahahahahahah???????

(Underground, Overground Skaven are we)

Maybe even a price reduction on Stormvermin! 40 for 400! Yes! Yes! This would be most pleasing!

On a note of the clawpack - I paid for the app (for science!) to look into this whole thing; So it turns out that -all- the clawpacks cost 80 points each. You can find them under "Skaven" - but not under their respective alliances (with the exception of Eshin and such) - Which isn't all that important, because what is important is that they have a point cost allocated to them! All of them! 80 points! 

To put that in contrast - the other battalions (Verminkin's horde, Raiders, etc) are not visible at all, which adds further credibility to our clawpacks. I would say it is safe to use them, since the thing that has been denying us all this time was the lack of a point cost, which is now included. LET'S SHOW THEM WHAT WE GOT! MAN-THINGS ARE BACK ON THE MENU!

I'm also super hyped about the whole "All heroes can use their command abilities" thing that has been mentioned in the new edition ;) We've been wanting that for so long. Good thing I've already made five warlords! They won't be useless now! 

6 hours ago, Mayple said:

Maybe even a price reduction on Stormvermin! 40 for 400! Yes! Yes! This would be most pleasing!

On a note of the clawpack - I paid for the app (for science!) to look into this whole thing; So it turns out that -all- the clawpacks cost 80 points each. You can find them under "Skaven" - but not under their respective alliances (with the exception of Eshin and such) - Which isn't all that important, because what is important is that they have a point cost allocated to them! All of them! 80 points! 

To put that in contrast - the other battalions (Verminkin's horde, Raiders, etc) are not visible at all, which adds further credibility to our clawpacks. I would say it is safe to use them, since the thing that has been denying us all this time was the lack of a point cost, which is now included. LET'S SHOW THEM WHAT WE GOT! MAN-THINGS ARE BACK ON THE MENU!

I'm also super hyped about the whole "All heroes can use their command abilities" thing that has been mentioned in the new edition ;) We've been wanting that for so long. Good thing I've already made five warlords! They won't be useless now! 

Cool, seems like I’ll have to write my own Armylists on paper, since the scroll builder, doesn’t have any of does battalions.

On 5/15/2018 at 6:20 AM, Skreech Verminking said:

Hi,

I’ll be playing against a friend of mine on Friday. The idea is to see how our 1000poimts army list would function.

so anyways here’s my list:

Heros:200p

1Deathrunner (general, with deceiver, and crown of conquest):120p

1plague priest with censer: 80p

Battleline

4x40Clanrats:800p

total: 1000p

wounds:170

so since the faq allows the deathrunner to use the command ability and the warlord trait also for his twin, my plan is to give all of my clanrats battleshock immunity (if I’m lucky with the role for the crown of conquest). And secondly a minus 2 to the to hit roles made in the first turns, means that there is literally nothing that can hurt me very bad with shooting (in other words no more hero losses in the first turn (I’m so happy)?)

Technically the FAQ says that command traits and Artifacts apply to each of them.  It doesn’t say anything about command abilities.

I just realized that the way Skritch's command ability is worded in the warscroll makes more sense now that we had the preview on the new command abilities system!

We've seen command abilities that can trigger outside the hero phase. So we're likely to be able to use Skritch's for any unit before any combat phase, as long as we are willing to pay the command point.

So the rules were only confusing because they have been written for AoS 2nd and we didn't know about it back then!

Now please let's just bring the verminus clawpack or some other battalions so that we can have more command points!

Also Skritch will be able to hide behind it's minions due to the Look Out, Sir! ability :)

Still no reply from the FAQ team, but with the new rules coming out it seems Skaven will be a bit more playable! :) Now a grey seer will be able to use his command ability when he isn't your general, which is absolutely amazing and a huge fix we needed for our little rat friends.

On another note: Is anyone still running stormfiends in their verminus list? 

Yeah! Looking forward day 13th of reveal (May 26th) for some Skavrn reveals :D

From what has been revealed so far I might run grey seer, spiteclaw and a warlord with some free space for extra CP, but a bit soon to tell...

What is the point of stormfiends in Verminus? It doesn't seem to synergize well and arr a bit redundant with clanrats, aren't they? Have you had success with them?

58 minutes ago, Num said:

Yeah! Looking forward day 13th of reveal (May 26th) for some Skavrn reveals :D

From what has been revealed so far I might run grey seer, spiteclaw and a warlord with some free space for extra CP, but a bit soon to tell...

What is the point of stormfiends in Verminus? It doesn't seem to synergize well and arr a bit redundant with clanrats, aren't they? Have you had success with them?

In the past I used stormfiends together with Sayl and they kind of stayed as a rule of cool in the army ever since. I have not had a single Skaven AOS game for a year now, so never had the chance to test the stormfiends with a warpgrinder personally now that Sayl is no longer a thing.

I will go Spiteclaw, Grey Seer, Warlord on Brood Horror, Verminlord Deceiver, Assassin, Deathrunner/Ikit Claw myself. I kind of like the synergy of the verminlord swinging ikit in the opponent's face with an assassin inside... And now that the deceiver can command Eshin units even if its not your general, it'll be fun to include a unit of Gutter runners as well. Really looking forward to these new rules. I feel the new rules make every army at least playable :) 

15 hours ago, Kugane said:

In the past I used stormfiends together with Sayl and they kind of stayed as a rule of cool in the army ever since. I have not had a single Skaven AOS game for a year now, so never had the chance to test the stormfiends with a warpgrinder personally now that Sayl is no longer a thing.

I will go Spiteclaw, Grey Seer, Warlord on Brood Horror, Verminlord Deceiver, Assassin, Deathrunner/Ikit Claw myself. I kind of like the synergy of the verminlord swinging ikit in the opponent's face with an assassin inside... And now that the deceiver can command Eshin units even if its not your general, it'll be fun to include a unit of Gutter runners as well. Really looking forward to these new rules. I feel the new rules make every army at least playable :) 

Yeah and if f they would increase the number of models in a unit of clanrats, would be fantastic as well.

just think about it having a unit of 60clanrats killing everything  in their way ???.

or dying as meatshields???

(a skaven live for me)

Never played skaven before but have recently been checking them out and am pretty keen on them for sure. Have written a mixed chaos list which is just skaven that really excites me but it includes mortar teams, which I believe have been discontinued...? I'm just kinda wondering what people might suggest. Do we think skaven will soon receive some love and it's worth holding out for a potential update or should I bite the bullet and start the list, tracking down what I can from eBay for the discontinued stuff?

Hope I'm not being too much of a pest asking opinions like this. Just keen to get in on the rat clan. Legends. 

39 minutes ago, UNIBROWshapist said:

Never played skaven before but have recently been checking them out and am pretty keen on them for sure. Have written a mixed chaos list which is just skaven that really excites me but it includes mortar teams, which I believe have been discontinued...? I'm just kinda wondering what people might suggest. Do we think skaven will soon receive some love and it's worth holding out for a potential update or should I bite the bullet and start the list, tracking down what I can from eBay for the discontinued stuff?

Hope I'm not being too much of a pest asking opinions like this. Just keen to get in on the rat clan. Legends. 

As far as I know the mortar teams have ever  only been available in the Isle of blood/ spire of dawn starter set, containing skaven and high elves. As such buying used models is likely your best bet (or if you find the actual Spire of Dawn set somewhere. There is alot of great models in it!).

I will however point out that one of the weapons for Stormfiends (windlaunchers) can totally be converted to mortars so if you one day decide to buy those and not use that specific loadout you could get some that way.

In regards to using mortars in games: I have two in my army but I want to get some more as one or two just feels a bit too unreliable with a single attack that has 4+/4+. On the bright side when they do hit a -2 rend is pretty brutal against most units and can thus be used to take out hordes and heroes alike. The long range is also nice - just expect them to explode once in a while if you use the "More-more range!"... and why would any self respecting skaven player not do that ;)

1 hour ago, UNIBROWshapist said:

Well skaven are definitely a interesting faction. But like halve of the Warhammer faction, which Gw hasn’t supported since the old world, they as well have more or less not gotten to much love of any kind which is very sad.

As for a discontinuation for skaven, I really don’t think that something like this would happen since they are still mentioned in the malignant portents story, which reveals us that they are still waiting and luring under the realms unknown by most faction.

and they are still playable as a chaos allegiance, and have a place in the grand allegiance battletome book. 

In your case i really would hold onto those models (or the army) since their may be sometimes sooner or later a battletome coming out  (at least we all are hoping for something like this. ((to the horned rat)please have mercy with my soule and give us backstabbing  rat lovers  a battletome for the skaven))). But yeah until than you should probably stay with playing those rats against your friends and not on tournaments, since they are very hard to play against army’s like Arcanites, Bloodbound etc. (At least in this edition)

I think a safe bet would be to wait until AoS 2 in June to get a clearer picture on the impact on skaven.

Also it is likely that there will be a skaven article on May 26th on warhammer community that will give some hints on the future of skaven.

Skaven has plenty of old models and metal sculpts, so I wouldn't bet on these ones. Clanrats, stormvermins, verminlords, warp lightning cannons, grey seers, warlords, stormfiends all look pretty safe to me... That's more than enough to build a cool army.

As for mortars, I play 8 of them in my skryre army (keeping in mind that with skryre allegiance you can double one of their DMG). I nearly tabled a beastclaw raiders army with them (and they had no unit with more than 10 models, so no bonuses to hit or DMG). I had even considered swapping my 2 cannons with 6 more, but it may be cheesy...

Outside of skryre, Im not sure they can have such impact, especially with only a couple of them. Warp lightning cannons may have more impact (especially with the new shooting rules).

Doing a 1000 pts tournament on Sunday to bid the old edition adieu! I plan to do some devious stabbing and killing, so with that in mind; Any suggestions on which approach I should take? I have several in mind, but some additional insight is always welcome. I know for a fact that the following armies will show up: Death (One of the legions, probably night, packing a ferocious Terrorgheist) - Seraphon (My pesky arch-enemies. No Kroak. Probably) - Tzeentch (Possibly a changehost approach, I'm not sure. Should be able to swarm) - and Sylvaneth (Treelord ancient, one unit of Kurnoth bows, and Dryads) 

My approaches are as follows:
Warlord, 40x stormvermin, 40x clanrats, 20x gutter runners.

Or
Warlord, 40x Stormvermin, 40x clanrats, 40x clanrats

Or

Warlord, Warlock-Engineer, 40x clanrats, 40x clanrats, 40x clanrats, 40x clanrats

Or...
Warlord, Warlock-Engineer, 40x clanrats, 40x clanrats, 40x clanrats, 20x Gutter runners.

Alternatively, I could go all out and throw a Warpgnaw Verminlord into the mix. Somehow ;)

Cool! I like the 3rd and 4th more. 40 stormvernins is half the points and will require heavy baby-sitting (leaving the clanrats naked). I feel its a high risk....

On the other hand, your clanrats may be in trouble if your warlord dies...

What about

Warlord, arch warlock, 40 clanrats, 40 clanrats, 1 warp cannon, 15 gutter or another cannon?

Just a random idea to still benefit from clanrats swarm while not putting all eggs in the same basket...

Let us know, it sounds like an interesting tourney!!

Question: How do you guys use clanrats in terms of weapon range? I've always played with 1"=base contact, 2"= can hit from row 2. But I just had a game against some plague monks and the player said they could hit with their daggers from row two! It never even occured to me that 1" range is enough to get two rows in combat when we are talking clanrat sized bases.

Is this something you actually do? I was quite annoyed by the  plague monks but maybe it's just because I was not expecting it.

Archived