Units from legacy armies as allies

Joshfz84

I haven’t been able to find anything on this topic, so I thought I would just ask. Can I use units that are out of print as allies for their newer faction incarnation? An example would using “Dwarf” units like the grudge thrower or anvil of doom in a dispossessed army as my allie choice. 

Sadly the answer is a straight no. Compendium stuff has Dwarf keyword and that is not in the list of available allies to Dispossessed. The only war machines they can take are from Ironweld, which does not have those weapons. To run any Dwarf options in a list you have to run a straight Order allegiance. 

Yes it sucks slightly, but that's the point of compendium. It's available so you can play, just not combined with all the extra bonus rules.

Of course you could, as with anything, just ask your opponent if he is cool with you including them and ignoring the specific allies rules.

I had no dark elves at all before starting to play AoS in March last year so I had to make this sorceress on pegasus myself by taking a real pegasus, turning into a white metal alloy and then miniaturising it. Then I had to wrestle  a beastman, ignoring its pitiful cries of " owww my f***ing horn" so i could get some spiky bits to make it look a bit more evil.

After all that I found GW had made it impossible to fit it in my Darkiling Covens list....

I got the sorceress from the black dragon kit though. That part was easy...:D

DEpegasus0917.jpg

Archived