Wonders of the Algoraxi

Charles

Hi everyone,

I have booked into my first ever Warhammer event. I am going to the Wonders of Algoraxi event at Warhammer World on the 17th & 18th of March. 

It looks to be great fun with a mix of 750, 1000 & 2000 point games all in one weekend.

Is anyone else going or have you been to a Warhammer World Narative event before? I would love to hear your stories :D

Ps. There is a typo in the event pack which states within ‘Event Essentials’ that it is on the 10th & 11th of March. This is incorrect I called and confirmed.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ha, I'd love to go to Wonders of the Algoraxi, but am going to the doubles tournament the following weekend instead. A weekend of open play cards sounds insanely fun.

I went to the Rise of the Seraphon Doubles campaign weekend at Warhammer World back when AoS first launched (way pre GHB, iirc I think it was 60 models/90 wounds per player) and it was great fun, managed to lose all our games but took home the best army trophy (imo mostly because of my partner's immaculately painted Slaanesh army, credit where it's due). I can't praise Warhammer World's events enough, it's a great location with great scenery, a lovely mix of people with some immaculate armies and feels like a full weekend out if you explore the museum. Highly recommended! :) 

I've signed up for this too. My first event and first visit to warhammer world. Really looking forward to it but not sure what to expect. Is it lots of little 1v1 battles with rules they read out or something? 

Regardless I'm sure it'll be awesome as they must surely put resources and effort into this sort of thing at warhammer world, and its based on firestorm which was super underrated imho. 

10 hours ago, Sheriff said:

I've signed up for this too. My first event and first visit to warhammer world. Really looking forward to it but not sure what to expect. Is it lots of little 1v1 battles with rules they read out or something? 

Regardless I'm sure it'll be awesome as they must surely put resources and effort into this sort of thing at warhammer world, and its based on firestorm which was super underrated imho. 

That’s what it sounds like to me. I think there are three 750 point by games, two 1000 point games, and two 2000 point games in the weekend. All 1 vs. 1, they said they will be based on the open war cards so I suspect it will be the same mission for everyone. Unless it is randomised.

It’s my first visit as well, very excited!

10 hours ago, Double Misfire said:

Ha, I'd love to go to Wonders of the Algoraxi, but am going to the doubles tournament the following weekend instead. A weekend of open play cards sounds insanely fun.

I went to the Rise of the Seraphon Doubles campaign weekend at Warhammer World back when AoS first launched (way pre GHB, iirc I think it was 60 models/90 wounds per player) and it was great fun, managed to lose all our games but took home the best army trophy (imo mostly because of my partner's immaculately painted Slaanesh army, credit where it's due). I can't praise Warhammer World's events enough, it's a great location with great scenery, a lovely mix of people with some immaculate armies and feels like a full weekend out if you explore the museum. Highly recommended! :) 

Have a great time at the doubles event. We considered going to that as well but thought his would be less pressure and we have played several small games so are more used to the scale.

Just need to get on with some painting so I have enough models ready for a 2000 point game. I’m tempted to try and build and paint Skarbrand :D

On 1/9/2018 at 10:04 AM, Charles said:

Have a great time at the doubles event. We considered going to that as well but thought his would be less pressure and we have played several small games so are more used to the scale.

Just need to get on with some painting so I have enough models ready for a 2000 point game. I’m tempted to try and build and paint Skarbrand :D

Im going...cant wait

Are you using khorne?

2 hours ago, S133arcanite said:

Im going...cant wait

Are you using khorne?

Yes hoping to collect some skulls for his throne :D

Still finishing my army, nearly completed another 10 BloodReavers. Then need to decide what I want to finish the army off either a centrepiece or another Cavalry squad . . ?

What army do you play? 

16 minutes ago, Charles said:

Yes hoping to collect some skulls for his throne :D

Still finishing my army, nearly completed another 10 BloodReavers. Then need to decide what I want to finish the army off either a centrepiece or another Cavalry squad . . ?

What army do you play? 

Tzeentch... my 2000 point army list is

Tzaangor Shaman

Curseling

Curseling

Gaunt Summoner

Tzaangors x 30

Kairic x 20

Skyfires x 6

Skyfires x 3

Pink Horrors x10

Alter-kin coven

2000/2000

Apparently we will be fighting as a grand alliance... Come on Chaos:D

I have one unit of Wrathmongers fully painted they are my favourite unit.

During the first game I played with them they destroyed a unit of Liberators in turn 1, then a unit of Retributors in turn 2. Then killed 4 out of 5 Judicators before being taken down (Didn’t get he charge so they were less effective) 

My army is not finalised yet but here is a list of everything I have fully painted.

10xBlood Warriors with gorefists

20xBlood Reavers (10 more nearly finished)

5x Wrathmongers

10x Bloodletters

3x Blood Crushers

1xSkullCannon

1x Korgorath 

1x Blood Secrator

1x Blood Stoker

1xMighty Lord of Khorne

2x Slaughter Priest

1x Aspiring Deathbringer

1x Exhalted Deathbringer

1x Skull Grinder

Models I have bought but not built or painted include a new Start Collecting Khorne Deamons & Khorne Mortals, Skarrbrand, Garreks Reavers, Exhalted Death Bringer with Impailing Spear.

57 minutes ago, Charles said:

My army is not finalised yet but here is a list of everything I have fully painted.

10xBlood Warriors with gorefists

20xBlood Reavers (10 more nearly finished)

5x Wrathmongers

10x Bloodletters

3x Blood Crushers

1xSkullCannon

1x Korgorath 

1x Blood Secrator

1x Blood Stoker

1xMighty Lord of Khorne

2x Slaughter Priest

1x Aspiring Deathbringer

1x Exhalted Deathbringer

1x Skull Grinder

Models I have bought but not built or painted include a new Start Collecting Khorne Deamons & Khorne Mortals, Skarrbrand, Garreks Reavers, Exhalted Death Bringer with Impailing Spear.

Im a bit scared.... GLORY TO TZEENTCH

I have a friend who is bringing a Beastclaw army as well

45 minutes ago, Charles said:

I have a friend coming with his Stormcast as well. 

I’m very excited!

Me too!:)

43 minutes ago, Sheriff said:

What sort of players typically turn up to these events? Its my first big event. 

considering its a narrative campaign, most people will be quite relaxed and be more on the storytelling side of things

All except me...¬¬

mwahahaha

54 minutes ago, Sheriff said:

What sort of players typically turn up to these events? Its my first big event. 

My first one too, my friend and I will be relaxed we’ve only played  8 games of AoS ever.

Never a full 2000 point game.

1 hour ago, Charles said:

My first one too, my friend and I will be relaxed we’ve only played  8 games of AoS ever.

Never a full 2000 point game.

Good to hear. Me too! I just love playing against nicely painted armies against people that don't care too much about losing. Hopefully a good crowd!

36 minutes ago, Sheriff said:

Good to hear. Me too! I just love playing against nicely painted armies against people that don't care too much about losing. Hopefully a good crowd!

I’m definitely doing my best to have a nicely paInter army.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/13/2018 at 9:56 AM, Charles said:

Any one who been to Warhammer World able to recommend a nice place to stay? 

If you've not booked anywhere yet, we normally stay at Nottingham Holiday Inn.
It's about 5 minutes drive from Warhammer World.  If that!

With the timing of the Malign Portents campaign running over this event I wonder if they will change the setting to fit this event into the global event? 

I think it it would be really cool to get a chance to play 7 games that can bring glory to Khorne in Shyish 

Archived