My First game Bloodbound vs Ironjawz

Keith

Hi all
Had my first game vs Ironjawz 1f642.png:)
We played the first scenario "Knife to Heart" I dont know how either of us could have won that game. We basically lined up , he gave me first turn , being sporting I moved all my guys up , his turn, he charged most of my army. The mighty Gore PIlgrims held on , we won the roll off for turn 2 , so that saved us from the Maw crusher dude for a turn and it was too late , many Orruks dead.

I wasnt impressed with my Gore Pilgrims list and ...the slaughter priests , they didnt really do much , I think I'll run more guys than pay the 180 points. One priest did 3 wounds to himself , the other got killing frenzy off a couple of times. Then they both did a single mortal wound to the Warboss guy on mawcrusher , not very effective.

Valkia the Bloody , she took out a unit of brutes on her own , I did use some blood tithe to let her attack again in the hero phase , and she rolled really really well for her armour saves. I think she will be usedful , but probably not a good idea to take on a unit of brutes on her own , she will be used for character hunting or supporting a combat.

It was good fun fighting another combat army , I have no idea how I'll go vs a real shooty army.

IMG_4717_zpszanx31sv.jpg

IMG_4724_zpsglxymg6f.jpg

IMG_4727_zpshn1dcjks.jpg

IMG_4741_zpskyppgoin.jpg

IMG_4749_zpsfbbgqvky.jpg

IMG_4751_zpslr5m6u4v.jpg

IMG_4748_zpsiogktvd8.jpg

Here it is , not impressed with the slaugterpriests though. Allegiance: Khorne
Leaders
Mighty Lord Of Khorne (140)

- General
- Command Trait : Violent Urgency
Lord Of Khorne On Juggernaut (140)
- Artefact : Gorecleaver
Bloodsecrator (120)
Slaughterpriest with Hackblade and Wrathhammer (100)
Slaughterpriest (100)
Valkia The Bloody (140)
Units
20 x Bloodreavers (140)
-Reaver Blades
5 x Blood Warriors (100)
-Goreaxes
5 x Blood Warriors (100)
-Goreaxes
3 x Mighty Skullcrushers (140)
-Ensorcelled Axes
-Ensorcelled Axes
-Ensorcelled Axes
4 x Khorgoraths (320)
Battalions
Gore Pilgrims (180)
Total: 2000 /2000
Allies: 0 / 400
Leaders: 6/6 Battlelines: 6 (3+) Behemoths: 0/4 Artillery: 0/4

Yeah I did remember the rerolls and my boodsecrator had 30” range on the banner.

The banner didn’t really work as the blood travers were wiped out totally so no need to worry about battleshock.

but the extra attack was great , but I could have managed the 18” range if I tried.

so I don’t think it’s worth paying 180 points for the bonuses.

but I’m a newbie so I’m probably quite wrong.

I see you have 10 blood warriors, how the scroll is written means you can give 1 model, ideally a unit leader, a glaive. This deals a fair bit of damage.

Give your priests a few games, you may have just been unlucky. Ty to get them to kill something for the buff to the prayer roll. Against a magic army they will give you more unbinds and make the anti magic zone of the secrator larger.

Nothing to add to the topic specifically but damn those are some good painted minis.  I went with the yellow and dark blue for my IJ units but that metallic looks good.  I have a small army of Khorne that this thread made me motivated to paint... good work sir.

On 14/12/2017 at 6:27 AM, Keith said:

Yeah I did remember the rerolls and my boodsecrator had 30” range on the banner.

The banner didn’t really work as the blood travers were wiped out totally so no need to worry about battleshock.

but the extra attack was great , but I could have managed the 18” range if I tried.

so I don’t think it’s worth paying 180 points for the bonuses.

but I’m a newbie so I’m probably quite wrong.

The added range is very, very great. It mean you can keep the bonus during the whole game, even when hiding your bloodsecrator way behind your line in case of ranged attack, and that you can push your offensive further. The slaughterpriest are one of the few ranged attack AND mortal wound source of the army, as well as counter magic, and their ability to not needing line of sight for their prayers, as well as the possibility to give precious to hit and save bonus, make them very reliable. You'll see ! But if obviously depend of the scenario, board, and opponent

On the subject of Slaughterpriests just think of them as tanky wizards that have a much better arcane bolt, aren't effected by the magic rule of 1, don't require line of sight (hiding a couple of them behind some central line of sight blocking terrain and character sniping through walls is nasty as all hell) and can't be unbound. They also fix a problem Khorne has (target access) allowing you to snipe key buff and synergy pieces which are well screened.

It's ironic that Khorne get pretty much the best wizards in the game but there you are.

Archived