WTF is a "Huskard/Frostlord" on Stonehorn/Thundertusk?

Emicus

Something to keep in mind, as this came up locally, is that just because the Beastclaw Avalanche Battalion is listed in a different section, doesn't mean you can't use it if those units are available to the Beastclaw Raiders. They broke out named leaders and other units from the compendium/pdf lists. Its more organizational rather than exclusionary that the battalions from the pdf are there. You can still use them and they are pointed. As long as the units you take them from are consistant with the subfaction from the mainstream units, you would still be able to get the battleline benefits (and any other allegiances) that would be specific to Beastclaw Raiders. The same things is legal with Sylvaneth. Guardians of the Deepwood, a Sylvaneth battation, is listed in the compendium units for Wood Elves, but in the compendium area, there are no Sylvaneth units listed. That Battalion is 100 pts and consists of 3 Treelord/ancient models, and 2 units of Dryads, which are in the regular Sylvaneth section. If you have the right qty of units and they aren't attacked to another Battalion, then you CAN pay the pts for Beastclaw Avalance in the same way Sylvaneth can pay for Guardians of the Deepwood. The only reason they aren't included in the main section is b/c its organized where all compendium items are groups. The keywords are the thing. You would for example, still be in allegiance if the warscroll has the right keywords for the subfaction. The battlion scrolls are the same way.

@Chris Tomlin I agree and this is true also with the ironjaws big mob a black Orc boss still exists (with grimgor and a black Orc big boss) but the black orcs no longer have the keywords (ardboyz) 

In narrative or open play this wouldn't matter I don't think (at least I wouldn't mind) but at an event I suspect would raise eyebrows 

same goes for all the legacy formations I feel

@Mc1gamer While you're absolutely right that an army composed of GA: DESTRUCTION can take the Beastclaw Avalanche formation bonus, it has to be just that, a GA:D army rather than a pure Beastclaw Raiders.

Why? The logic is straight-forward. There are no base-line battleline units in Beastclaw Raiders, some units become battleline when going 'pure'. The Formation Upgrade is not listed under the same subfaction, thus the army roster isn't taken from Beastclaw raiders only and is no longer 'pure'.

So it can be ran, but you'll need some battleline units from somewhere to run it all.

@Mc1gamer While you're absolutely right that an army composed of GA: DESTRUCTION can take the Beastclaw Avalanche formation bonus, it has to be just that, a GA:D army rather than a pure Beastclaw Raiders.

Why? The logic is straight-forward. There are no base-line battleline units in Beastclaw Raiders, some units become battleline when going 'pure'. The Formation Upgrade is not listed under the same subfaction, thus the army roster isn't taken from Beastclaw raiders only and is no longer 'pure'.

So it can be ran, but you'll need some battleline units from somewhere to run it all.

Sounds like a Q&A point.

Similarly, it will be interesting to see whether Chaos allegiances are Rotbringers or Nurgle or Mortal Nurgle for example. Archaon could fit into Mortal Nurgle even if he's not in the Rotbringers section of the GH. I hope it's just the god.

Anyone else noticed the inconsistency in the Beastclaw Raiders. There is a unit called an ICEBROW Hunter. The Frost Sabres can be Battleline if led by an ICETOOTH Hunter. I'm guessing this is just a typo? 'Cos otherwise Frost Sabres will never be battleline as there is no such unit as an Icetooth Hunter anywhere else in the Raiders

On ‎19‎/‎07‎/‎2016 at 6:20 AM, Soup Dragon said:

Anyone else noticed the inconsistency in the Beastclaw Raiders. There is a unit called an ICEBROW Hunter. The Frost Sabres can be Battleline if led by an ICETOOTH Hunter. I'm guessing this is just a typo? 'Cos otherwise Frost Sabres will never be battleline as there is no such unit as an Icetooth Hunter anywhere else in the Raiders

not an issue at all because Frost Sabres themselves do not exist. The only sabres we have are Sabretusks ;)

it is just another legalese re-name I'm sure, that also speaks volumes to how *many* units in Beastclaw Raiders are in line for a battletome.

missing entries, renamed units, no repacks to round bases as of yet (its been a year, its about time!) the only ogre batallion box being discounted paving the way for start collecting!...

My wallet is ready GW, if you will only let me.

Now I hope we all know that models being out of stock doesn't necessarily mean anything other that they are out of stock... but when whole swathes of ranges go at the same time, and there's some other rumours and tidbits cooking (read the thread!) - it's looking good!

24141241.png

• 1 year later...

I have a rule question about the stonehorn:

the warscroll says, that the damage is split in half. When does this happen? after all the attacks of the enemy or for wach weapon on ist own?

for example, the Opponent has 3 attacks with his unit. first with spears, second with shield, 3 with anything.

Do we Count all wounds together or do we half each attack seperated?

13 minutes ago, Vexcor said:

I have a rule question about the stonehorn:

the warscroll says, that the damage is split in half. When does this happen? after all the attacks of the enemy or for wach weapon on ist own?

for example, the Opponent has 3 attacks with his unit. first with spears, second with shield, 3 with anything.

Do we Count all wounds together or do we half each attack seperated?

This is what was changed in GHB 17 - its the damage characteristic of each weapon that's halved and not total incoming damage (pre-17)

This may change in 2.0.

Archived