Ogor/Destruction Plog

Ademo

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bit more progress on skin - put some minimal tats on as I didnt want to take away from the belly too much! Not sure on the stripes on the right (his left) arm - too fat? Also started work on some other areas
0e6ca263385dd17242fbdd19fe29f0d0.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Ok. here comes the nerdy art historian (I strive to be) out: The very interesting notion of creating tattoos as symbols for status, belonings, etc is very applicable here. For example, this giant, is undoubtedly a very unintelligent being, and therefore more likely to become property. I don't know the idea of the fluff here but I think I've heard people mention the same (about ogors atleast). I would play around with ideas, and maybe look into historical tattoos for slave and use them as inspiration for branding your property here. (dark, isn't it?)

I think that would really bring out the character in him. We saw what you can do with your orc blood priest, and thus know your level of skill. I would try to see if there is any way you could go back on your paintjob here, and add some texture of scars on his body. I doubt he wouldn't have tasted a few whips in his days among your goblins and ogors.

Just a though! Looking great, and I can't wait to see what you do with him!

Looking great now Ademo - the touches of red angry skin add a lot of depth and character, and the tattoos are wonderfully done. They stand out without overpowering the rest of the model. One thing I would add is some dirt/blood to the sole of his left foot - am I right in thinking he's just stepped on an unfortunate goblin there? 

Grot's law - when popping to your local gw in search of a single paint, that paint will of course be the only sold out paint in the shop....

Long story short - my pot of blood for the blood god is in the post!

I sure did! Was fairly quick and easy but I like the effect it gives!

Also for those of who are part of the stronghold - would love your support in voting for this army, 'The madcap moonbrew co.' For the tribal warfare contest -
http://www.the-stronghold.com/index.php?/topic/29452-tribal-warfare-vote-now/#comment-389942

Many thanks - the prize is a destruction battleline unit so fingers crossed!

I thought I'd tack this on here as I don't have enough to start a new thread yet! After months of resisting temptation, we were kindly given some money from relatives with instructions to enjoy ourselves - so what better opportunity to pull the trigger on some new minis!

For a long time I've eyed up grand alliance death and particularly the ghostly elemebts or 'nighthaunt' as they are now known! I think this stems from an old 6th ed kemmler list - army of the barrows or something like that, which featured in a white dwarf. Well, the minis are on the way so I thought I'd test out some basing!

I wanted to keep some elements that would tie the army to my destruction force but also go more overgrown barrows/deep woods etc. So here is what I have so far - I do have some dead leaves in the post too as I definitely wanted a few elements of decay- fallen trees, leaves, fungi, maybe even some swampy patches in the future.
c622c6297e13ed8ad436accc1c765825.jpg
C&C welcome and once I have some minis to show I'll make a new thread!

Archived