Fluff question - Could a chaos warband change allegiance?

SuperKick

I have a slaves to darkness army of older minis mostly painted in khorne colours, mostly black but with reds. 

For gaming reasons I want to mark this army Nurgle and might Nurgle the army up but don't want to repaint the reds. 

For my own mental fluff is it likely or do chaos warbands have a history of switching allegiances to the chaos gods? 

I can't see any reason why not. One of the best things about AoS as a setting is it provides much more freedom to do your own thing: it's a much more cosmopolitan sort of high fantasy, a bit like current D&D, where the boundaries between cultures/factions/religions/etc is a lot blurrier than in WHFB or most other Tolkein-derived fantasy.  Spear of Shadows establishes that mortals can and do change their allegiance to specific gods.

Thanks all

Thought about it and going run 4 heros of each of of the gods.

The army is all mounted i own 30 knights, 10 marauder horsemen two lords on mount one painted khorne 1 and 1 nurgle. This is what i currenly have. 

I'm going to round out the 2k with 2 sorcerer lords on manticore 1 slannesh 1 tzeentch. 

Ruinbringer warband 

The knights themselves look khorne to the eye but are really just old undivided so think it'll work, might splash in more symbols for flavour. They also have undivided symbols on them anyway. 

I can change up the marks as needed to show who is currently controlling the force. The other lords submit to that god for the battle and vow to sway the army to their own favoured god or will they totally submit to x god for good..  

Pics to follow 

3 hours ago, SuperKick said:

Thanks all

Thought about it and going run 4 heros of each of of the gods.

The army is all mounted i own 30 knights, 10 marauder horsemen two lords on mount one painted khorne 1 and 1 nurgle. This is what i currenly have. 

I'm going to round out the 2k with 2 sorcerer lords on manticore 1 slannesh 1 tzeentch. 

Ruinbringer warband 

The knights themselves look khorne to the eye but are really just old undivided so think it'll work, might splash in more symbols for flavour. They also have undivided symbols on them anyway. 

I can change up the marks as needed to show who is currently controlling the force. The other lords submit to that god for the battle and vow to sway the army to their own favoured god or will they totally submit to x god for good..  

Pics to follow 

Use the varanguard models as the lords, you'll need to make up a slaanesh one though if you do

Archived