New Shadespire preorders up!

Attackmack

GW put up some new preorders for Shadespire on their website. We knew the skellies and greens were coming but they also offer a set of dice for each current warband as well as some great bundles for those who havent bought into the game yet...

The complete bundle is kind of tempting :D

The dice look good enough but i dont know if I need them all...But I might want them all....Difficult to resist...

I got into this because of the skeletons. Can’t wait. Not really interested in either of the core war bands but all four expansions look/I imagine will be brilliant!

the dice I can take or leave but the purple ones do seem to be calling me...

The cards are numbered out of /437 if my memory is correct. You get 60 new in each expansion.

Also, if you buy one copy of the expansions you only have one of each new card so both players won’t have it avaliable to them.

I'm not a big fan of being forced to buy things I don't really want to, in order to reach a certain level of completeness for the warband I'm actually playing.

I'd be fine if you would only need one warband per "jump/release" but this might not be the case.

8 minutes ago, Keldaur said:

I would really like if someone with more information shown the card list.

In my quick search I haven't found a satisfying list... thus my questions :(

EDIT: Rewatched a video and yeah, there are different cards in each warband box, even neutral ones. So, you'll have to buy both warbands if you want access to certain cards for your SCE or khorne dudes.

9 minutes ago, Xasz said:

A simple google docs is sufficient for the most part.

Im a firm believer in cardscan databases being visually the best choice. Same is true for any cardgame because at some point or another we will compair cards to each other with pros and cons. Sure just stating the name is one thing but without actual visuals its easy to make wrong assumptions about cards.

Same is true for so many Warscroll discussions. One assumes X the other player thinks thats true and before you know it; incorrect plays galore.

2 hours ago, Killax said:

Yes Ill do the cardscans soon but only if @Gaz Taylor has no trouble with me posting it on the forums.

At this moment in time, I’m going to say no. Mainly because I have no idea about GWs stance on it. I’m at the Shadespire event, so I’ll ask but I think we can guess what the answer will be. I would love to see something like this as it’s great for deck building but it’s not something I would be happy about if I had just released the game. Let’s see what happens in the scene and as it gets more mature as we see more releases, we might see stuff like this. For all we know GW might be working on an app

7 hours ago, Xasz said:

I'm not a big fan of being forced to buy things I don't really want to, in order to reach a certain level of completeness for the warband I'm actually playing.

I'd be fine if you would only need one warband per "jump/release" but this might not be the case.

In my quick search I haven't found a satisfying list... thus my questions :(

EDIT: Rewatched a video and yeah, there are different cards in each warband box, even neutral ones. So, you'll have to buy both warbands if you want access to certain cards for your SCE or khorne dudes.

As far as living/collectible competitive games this isnt all to bad, they need to generate income if the game is to survive. But I can understand not wanting to buy outside of the warband(s) you play to get the cards, it resembles x-wing in that regard.

But its possible you will be able to get your hands on all generic cards down the line, either through additional warbands/characters for your faction, or maybe even through a cardpack. We dont know yet what GW has planned for WU and Shadespire after the initial warbands are out.

For the time being though, if you wanna compete youll have to get those warband boxes. If your playing casual, just go with what you have ;)

21 minutes ago, Gaz Taylor said:

At this moment in time, I’m going to say no. Mainly because I have no idea about GWs stance on it. I’m at the Shadespire event, so I’ll ask but I think we can guess what the answer will be. I would love to see something like this as it’s great for deck building but it’s not something I would be happy about if I had just released the game. Let’s see what happens in the scene and as it gets more mature as we see more releases, we might see stuff like this. For all we know GW might be working on an app

Thanks for the feedback, as is I'll keep the list text written. Please inform us on the stance GW has on this. I think they might work on an app but ultimately I doubt it would be as benificial to Shadespire as it would to regular Age of Sigmar. The only and only thing I'd add to the scans in order to prefent them from being used as exact replicas is to profide them all with a clear watermark.

In any case though the list of specific box contents will be up soon :) ! In text only (for now).

On 10/28/2017 at 11:08 PM, Attackmack said:

The dice look good enough but i dont know if I need them all...But I might want them all....Difficult to resist...

Haha likewise...when I first saw them, I was like, No way, they're just the same dice, but a different colour.

When I came to adding stuff to my cart, I was like, Oooh, they're a different colour....

I can also tell you that the card sleeves are amazing.  Once  you've used them, having the cards floating around naked just feels so flimsy and cheap!  Definitely buy the sleeves :D

38 minutes ago, PlasticCraic said:

I can also tell you that the card sleeves are amazing.  Once  you've used them, having the cards floating around naked just feels so flimsy and cheap!  Definitely buy the sleeves :D

I beg to differ. 

16 hours ago, Xasz said:

I beg to differ. 

About what?  Do you not agree that the sleeves are amazing?  Do you not agree that once you've started using them, the cards don't feel as good without them?  Or do you not agree that they're a good buy?  Or all of the above?  

Personally I wasn't interested at all until I played with my mate's deck, and he had them.  I couldn't go back now.  

If you do end up accidentally "marking" one or more cards, they can also rescue your deck after the event by just slotting them in there.

They're a great buy at the price in my opinion.

On 10/30/2017 at 6:26 AM, Attackmack said:

As far as living/collectible competitive games this isnt all to bad, they need to generate income if the game is to survive. But I can understand not wanting to buy outside of the warband(s) you play to get the cards, it resembles x-wing in that regard.

Yeah this doesn't worry me in the slightest.  The ongoing buy-in is relatively modest for a game of this nature.  The contents of the cards will be widely known instantly upon release (and probably before in many cases), so you will know whether there are any cards in there that you need / want for your deck.  You're unlikely to need cards from every single drop.

If there is a drop with a card you want, people will be splitting them on eBay for sure.  There will be some people out there who just want the models, so you will be able to pick up the cards from each box online (and even individual cards from people buying to split).

Personally I don't mind the idea of painting up a small squad of skeletons for example, and I find the price point quite competitive.  So I'll probably buy the boxes as they are released.  But for people who don't want to / can't afford to do that, there will be options to buy the relatively few cards you do need at a fraction of what is already a reasonable price in my opinion.

I think it's a great way to run the game and manage the releases.  I'm in.

7 hours ago, PlasticCraic said:

About what?  Do you not agree that the sleeves are amazing?  Do you not agree that once you've started using them, the cards don't feel as good without them?  Or do you not agree that they're a good buy?  Or all of the above?  

Personally I wasn't interested at all until I played with my mate's deck, and he had them.  I couldn't go back now.  

If you do end up accidentally "marking" one or more cards, they can also rescue your deck after the event by just slotting them in there.

They're a great buy at the price in my opinion.

The price is terrible, even if they were comparable in quality with other sleeves.

1 minute ago, Xasz said:

The price is terrible, even if they were comparable in quality with other sleeves.

They're only a fiver, how terrible can that really be? 

We've had no problems with them slipping out etc, and I think they look great...I guess we've just had very different experiences with them, not sure why.

1 minute ago, PlasticCraic said:

They're only a fiver, how terrible can that really be? 

We've had no problems with them slipping out etc, and I think they look great...I guess we've just had very different experiences with them, not sure why.

For one warband, with no spares... even if the price seems low compared to other GW products, doesn't mean that it's actually good.

Archived